Page 29 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Random Instances: Both a Blessing and a Nightmare.

Yeah, I agree I got lucky with the hunters but not so much with the paladin. :P
    I even left and re-queued after posting this and guess which group I got into again.. Heh.

Re: Random Instances: Both a Blessing and a Nightmare.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/raids-du...-dungeon-tool/

there's a thread for this already.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Your worst experiences with the Dungeon Tool

Merged in.

yesterday I random queened my lvl 73 resto druid into a nexus run. I realized there was a level 80 ret pally in with us so I'm like "sweet, this will go quickly"
    but no, he was there to teach his friend or relative the ropes of nexus and refused to tank mobs, wouldnt dps to avoid pulling threat from his lvl 72 friend, was using seal of justice the entire time (didnt think anyone still used that shit) despite being reminded. all while wearing 4pc t10, a 264 axe, and completely clueless of how to navigate The Nexus. The run ended up taking damn near twice as long as it does to do it normaly.
    it had Ebay, or maybe troll written all over it.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

Tank who refuse to tank HoR because we are going to wipe their precious epics and didn’t leave because he didn’t want to wait 30 min to join other party… I left :|

I would have to say a Strat run. We were 3 manning it (Only 2 of us were doing work). So we chain pulled, killed them all. As I am looking for my healer (he must of run off looking for phat lewt) my son ninjas my sword and kills me with it. Worst dungeon experience ever.

A repeated thing, I rolled a sham. Need BoA que to bunch of overgeared dps, and one fresh 80 or failscrub tank or healer pick one. dps doesnt (usually 1 or 2 that are way overgeared, just doing frost daily) matter. Get a few pulls in wipe to some dumb sh$% because A: the overgeared dps cant watch threat, pull off tank, B: Low geared heal cant keep ppl up etc. Then they (tank or heal) rage quit saying I cant do this! Leave you stranded needing a tank or healer. Reque for another 15 min lol.

Had a disc priest tell me to use Judgement of Wisdom for mana instead of his (non-existent) heals. I'm only lv75, and I haven't been tanking all that long, but I've seen the difference in how heals/mana works. Yeah, I can keep Divine Plea up during some parts of the dungeon, but not all of it.. and my spells are blowing a lot more mana than JoW is going to give me back. Anybody other than a disc priest, and it's a total non-issue, I'll be topped off the entire run. Hard to believe he's never heard that before from other tankadins.

Are disc priests just that much easier? I've tried healing on my shammy.. it can be tough depending on the group and the pulls. This guy was just throwing every shield he had on me and sitting in the corner smoking a cigarette or something... True, I didn't have any problems staying alive, but still. I know people have vented about this before, but this was the first time it was really an issue for me.

I did have a healer tell me a few weeks ago that I "take a lot of damage".. but it was right after a particularly bad pull and we all managed to survive, so it might have been a compliment.

Met one of the worst tanks in my playing WoW. This warrior was doing 322 DPS in H-AN (names editted to protect the gulity):

http://img10.imageshack.us/i/craptank.jpg/

I would throw a disease and get aggro. Needless to say, we wiped on the 2nd boss (not sure how we did the first boss) and I left.

Hehe.. I'm doing 1K+ at lv75, and I'm not even trying.

Had a priest get all pissy on me because I didn't pull a non-elite mob off of him after the last boss in AN. Yeah, those little 300hp things. He could have hit it with a stick and killed it, but instead complains because I'm not pulling aggro. I'm pretty sure those things target randomly when they appear, it's not like the tank has insta-threat on everything in the dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by neuropsycho
    Met one of the worst tanks in my playing WoW. This warrior was doing 322 DPS in H-AN (names editted to protect the gulity):

http://img10.imageshack.us/i/craptank.jpg/
    something to do with weapon comp i'd say
    10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Deipfryde
    Had a disc priest tell me to use Judgement of Wisdom for mana instead of his (non-existent) heals. I'm only lv75, and I haven't been tanking all that long, but I've seen the difference in how heals/mana works. Yeah, I can keep Divine Plea up during some parts of the dungeon, but not all of it.. and my spells are blowing a lot more mana than JoW is going to give me back. Anybody other than a disc priest, and it's a total non-issue, I'll be topped off the entire run. Hard to believe he's never heard that before from other tankadins.
    Using DP (and chainpulling), jow and bosanct you sould never run out of mana even if you don't take any damage. Blaming it on the absorb is just lame.

15+ Year Old Account

Wow, we just met a black belted retard in the LFD (how amazing).

A holydin in ~245 gear failed to keep alive the blue geared bear tank in hc UP. We wiped, he flamed the tank's gear, left the instance and refused to
    1) come back from the city
    2) leave the group
    3) pass over the lead
    4) requeue the group
    As a random DPS left, we had no choice but to disband. 1 blue tank + 2 dps is not the best setup for heroics.

I logged over to my holydin alt (who has ~lvl230 gear) and healed 2 HCs on that tank without the slightest problem.

So it was clearly the pug healer's fault. I love when retards blame everyone but themselves. L2P dear holydin, if you are reading this.

10+ Year Old Account

I seemed to have ran into a new trend of Dungeon fail: People who leave the group during boss fights.

That happened to me at least twice today.

-First time was in an H HOS, I queued as tank, and got in just as the Tribunal event was almost complete. The group said that their previous tank started the event, and left the group to be a douchebag.
    -Second time was in H POS, on Garfrost. A DPS warrior left the group for no reason, without even saying anything. The rest of the instance went smoothly though.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac
    I seemed to have ran into a new trend of Dungeon fail: People who leave the group during boss fights.

That happened to me at least twice today.

-First time was in an H HOS, I queued as tank, and got in just as the Tribunal event was almost complete. The group said that their previous tank started the event, and left the group to be a douchebag.
    -Second time was in H POS, on Garfrost. A DPS warrior left the group for no reason, without even saying anything. The rest of the instance went smoothly though.
    I experienced this quite a few times at lower level instances (BC instances mainly), though it wasn't during boss fights. The tank would get some loot he wanted, and instead of dropping group then and there he goes and grabs a bunch of mobs, we begin dpsing them as usual and then the tank drops group. And all the mobs scatter everywhere (usually straight towards the healer). Sometimes if we have a good plate dps we can salvage it, but it gets really really old really fast.

Not only are you grabbing your loot and bailing, you're trying to kill everyone who helped you get that loot in the process.

I think this has to do with the big ego LFD tool has given tanks, or maybe most people are just douches in general. : /

10+ Year Old Account

No tank messes with me as healer, I talk them down. DOWN TO THE GROUND. If they try to rise to theheavens above with their ego.

Tanks. Are. Not. The. Almighty. Role.
    *cough* healers ftw.

Aspiring paramedic

Zone into an instance and the tank says "BRB". I wait 5 minutes and leave. I would rather get the debuff than run with that douche. I'll just go onto an alt and come back later.

Instance goes sour and everyone dies. No biggie, just some bad luck. 2 of the 5 release and run back to the instance. The other 3 expect a rez when they could have done the same as me. I don't rez and nerdrage ensues and they leave group. Whatever. They are easily replaced and we complete the instance.

Those who chat more than their dps. The amount of a characters in their line of dialouge is more than their total dps for the entire instance.

Hah! First dungeon when i factionchanged recently my shaman to alliance

ToC HC Pops up, little dwarf pally tank. Fairly low HP but enough to do it with (i think he was on 27/28k, not fantastic but doable)

So we buff up then i just go to throw ES on him and i notice, Seal of Wisdom, Blessing of wisdom and no RF.

I kindly point it out that ideally it would be better if puts on a Holy-damaging seal and RF

But he pulled anyway without saying a word. two of the dps immediately left and then including myself

I have tons...but a recent one...I was on my alt pally tank...got into underbog...some random hunter comes in and is like...

Him: lol just got back from being hacked a while back...so i might suck...
    Me: you do know you have no weapons right?
    Him: oh shit...left it on my pally!...

start to pull the trash...mid fight of the second pack...

Him: shit i gotta go empty my bags (teleports out mid fight)
    Me: >.>

he doesnt come back until we are almost to the first boss...we kill some trash and a [sword of strength] drops and he hits NEED...and equips it...im mindboggled...we kill the boss and continue...after another trash drop [dagger of spellpower] he NEEDS it too and puts it on...we finally get to the last boss...and his smart ass remarks are pushing my buttons...and i am a very passive agressive guy...

I am like...
    Me:You DO know that both of those weapons have little to no impact on your dps right?...
    Him: STFU man i know wtf im doin, plus i was gonna sell em...I left my axe on my paladin like i said...
    Me: Let me guess...you have the arcanite reaper dont u?...
    Him: YEA BUT I GOT AGILITY ON IT!!!
    Me: wow your pet must be beast with all the strength you give it...
    Him: STFU man this is my alt, my main can beat any of your guys asses! look him up (he gave me his name)
    Me: (before attempting to look up the toon) My main is Evenfow, feel free to look me up as well... (i know im not in the best arena teams lol, i dont arena that much currently)

Then I left...After I left I go and armory the guy...His toon is in full Triumph badge gear...and hes rocking VOA drops as well....needless to say...I rofled irl, got on his realm and sent him a mail...I'll have to go check if he responded...

Obvious Achievement Whore is Obvious...

i think my worst was forge of souls hc

i was tanking it through quite nicely, cleared quite fast, we didn't wipe, no one died to be exact, and on the last boss we killed them, the whole group immediately started spamming 'your shit tank' 'never tank again' 'never play again'

i kinda loled at this and realised that they were all in the same realm, and guild, so i just replied, 'yes, have the decency to tell all that bullshit after we clear the instance'

now i'm just waiting for that group again to ninja pull the instance and leave group lololol
    Fire is good, it gives people fire, warmth and the ability to cook stuff, it also sets people alight, yay!