ICC 25 FPS issues

My fps has been low lately in icc 25, so I've been trying to enhance my fps. In icc25, its been around 5-10 fps. Ideally, I would like to shoot for 10-15 fps, maybe even a little less. I would like some ADVICE on how to make my fps a little higher. Posts that merely make statements that are obvious and dont give any clear advice on how to enhance my fps dont help much :P. Also, I play on a laptop and getting a desktop isnt an option.

I also want to note that I have done things like install Game Booster, update DirectX, disable my combat log, and get rid of some addons.

And sorry in advance if I dont put in enough system info, if yall need more i can post it later on.

System Info:
    OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
    Version 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name 25TYLER-PC
    System Manufacturer Acer
    System Model Extensa 5620
    System Type X86-based PC
    Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2370 @ 1.73GHz, 1733 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies LTD V1.32, 2/1/2008
    SMBIOS Version 2.4
    Windows Directory C:\Windows
    System Directory C:\Windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6001.18000"
    User Name 25tyler-PC\25tyler
    Time Zone Pacific Standard Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB
    Total Physical Memory 1.99 GB
    Available Physical Memory 476 MB
    Total Virtual Memory 4.21 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 2.04 GB
    Page File Space 2.28 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Frost has been the leveling spec of choice since....forever. The people laughing at you are wrath babies and should be treated the same way David Hasslehoff treats his body: with no respect.

Deleted

Re: ICC 25 FPS issues

Well you can't expect much as the CPU is sort of really old and outdated, but let's see:

1. What graphics card do you have?
    2. Did you update all your drivers? (Graphicscard drivers = very important)
    3. Do you play in windowed mode? If you do, disable it.

Also to note about your system:
    - Outdated CPU
    - You have Vista (=memory hog) and only 2GB of memory. WoW will most likely not get enough memory, deff in 25-man raids. Can you upgrade this?

15+ Year Old Account

1. Your BIOS is 2 years old, so you might look for an update for that.
    2. If you've followed all the advice in the FPS sticky, I'm not sure what else to suggest.
    3. If you're getting 5-10 fps in a 25 man on a dual core 1.73GHz CPU, you might be considered lucky.

1 .My graphics card is a Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family.......sounds crappy

2. Where would i go to update my BIOS and my drivers?(again, i dont know too much :P)

3 .I dont play in windowed mode
    Frost has been the leveling spec of choice since....forever. The people laughing at you are wrath babies and should be treated the same way David Hasslehoff treats his body: with no respect.

Also want to add that my computer's performance has held its weight in just about every other 25 man instance. Guess ICC 25 just might be a little more laggy. Also, if it is necessary to buy better parts to raise my fps to around 15-20, which parts would I have to upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by litledude
    My fps has been low lately in icc 25, so I've been trying to enhance my fps. In icc25, its been around 5-10 fps. Ideally, I would like to shoot for 15-20 fps, maybe even a little less. I would like some ADVICE on how to make my fps a little higher. Posts that merely make statements that are obvious and dont give any clear advice on how to enhance my fps dont help much :P. Also, I play on a laptop and getting a desktop isnt an option.

I also want to note that I have done things like install Game Booster, update DirectX, disable my combat log, and get rid of some addons.

And sorry in advance if I dont put in enough system info, if yall need more i can post it later on.

System Info:
    OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
    Version 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name 25TYLER-PC
    System Manufacturer Acer
    System Model Extensa 5620
    System Type X86-based PC
    Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2370 @ 1.73GHz, 1733 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)Old CPU
    BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies LTD V1.32, 2/1/2008
    SMBIOS Version 2.4
    Windows Directory C:\Windows
    System Directory C:\Windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6001.18000"
    User Name 25tyler-PC\25tyler
    Time Zone Pacific Standard Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB More Ram helps
    Total Physical Memory 1.99 GB
    Available Physical Memory 476 MB Holy low resources
    Total Virtual Memory 4.21 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 2.04 GB
    Page File Space 2.28 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Basically you need a new computer. Reason? You need a new MoBo for a new CPU, thus needing new RAM. thats most of the computer.
    WoW being a MMO is highly CPU intensive. most people don't know why, so here is the reason. The CPU has to process every action and spell that every other player does within range. So your client recieves the info and your CPU has to make it happen for you to see. Thats a lot of Math going on. So a newer, faster processor will make the largest impact on FPS... But only if your Video card is equally as good. If your Vid card sux then your CPU can only do so much.
    So the only way you can get more FPS out of your current rig is to overclock your CPU. Which is ricky to start, let alone with a stock cooler.

reguarding the low resources, I bet you have a ton of background applications running... windows does not take up that much ram... even vista...

if you open task manager, how many processes are running in the lower left of the window?
    Made from:
    50% Win, 50% LOL, 50% Legend... That is 150% mother*(#^$*!!!

Been thinking of getting a desktop for cata, but atm I need a quick fix so i can raid ICC 25. Just find it weird that I could do all of other 25 man content with relatively no problems, but lag so much in Icecrown Citadel.

In regards to my processes, its at 70 with Game Booster on Gaming Mode(95 w/o).

Also want to stress again that I'd be happy with a constant 10-15 fps, just enough to get by.

Quote Originally Posted by litledude
    Been thinking of getting a desktop for cata, but atm I need a quick fix so i can raid ICC 25. Just find it weird that I could do all of other 25 man content with relatively no problems, but lag so much in Icecrown Citadel.

In regards to my processes, its at 70 with Game Booster on Gaming Mode(95 w/o).
    70 is still crazy high for only 2 gig of ram....

Start ---> msconfig ---> Enter

Selective startup, startup tab. Uncheck everything you know is not essential. Will free up some RAM and CPU time.
    Made from:

Ok, got it down to 55.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by soapy
    70 is still crazy high for only 2 gig of ram....

Start ---> msconfig ---> Enter

Selective startup, startup tab. Uncheck everything you know is not essential. Will free up some RAM and CPU time.
    be VERY careful when you do this. You might shutdown essential services that you need for normal useage or the security of your PC. If you're starting to get errors now or programs stopped working, you know why...

Quote Originally Posted by Logicaly
    be VERY careful when you do this. You might shutdown essential services that you need for normal useage or the security of your PC. If you're starting to get errors now or programs stopped working, you know why...
    Actually thats the services tab you need to worry about. There is very little, if any at all, that would crash your system form the startup tab.
    Made from:

Try some of these macros:

#1:
    /console m2Faster 1
    /console ffx 0
    /console hwPCF 1
    /console shadowlod 0
    /console timingmethod 1
    /console showshadow 0
    /console showfootprints 0
    /console showfootprintparticles 0

#2:
    /console overridefarclip 0
    /console farclip 177
    /console horizonfarclip 1305
    /console detailDoodadAlpha 0
    /console groundeffectdensity 16

#3:
    /console groundeffectdist 1
    /console smallcull 1
    /console skycloudlod 1
    /console characterAmbient 1
    /console extshadowquality 0
    /console environmentDetail 0.5
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by soapy
    Actually thats the services tab you need to worry about. There is very little, if any at all, that would crash your system form the startup tab.
    I'm sorry, thought you said services :x my bad

10+ Year Old Account

The T2370 processor is a cheaper Core2Duo variant.. Not to be confused with a Pentium D, which I think many people here have done. Sure, it's not the latest and greatest cpu but it should hold for wow 25 man raiding. 2GB RAM isn't alot but this also should be enough. Crashes in a highly populated Dalaran to be expected but we'll blame blizzard for that. Problem here is the gfx, and since you're running on a laptop, the only solution is to get a new machine anyway.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Wries
    The T2370 processor is a cheaper Core2Duo variant.. Not to be confused with a Pentium D, which I think many people here have done. Sure, it's not the latest and greatest cpu but it should hold for wow 25 man raiding. 2GB RAM isn't alot but this also should be enough. Crashes in a highly populated Dalaran to be expected but we'll blame blizzard for that. Problem here is the gfx, and since you're running on a laptop, the only solution is to get a new machine anyway.
    Since WoW is heavily CPU dependent and less GFX-dependant, I think the problem will be the CPU, not the GFX. Nevertheless, same conclusion.