Deleted

Any Raid frames + Clique?

I've hust been reading throught a post of "healbot or grid + Clique?". As a personal prefference i use Grid, but without clique. I've tryed it but idk.. am I the only priest that thinks, we (priests) have a way to big spell collection to use Clique with? I'd like to use it tho

Re: Any Raid frames + Clique?

You can use healbot without clique

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaster
    You can use healbot without clique
    I just said that my personal prefference is Grid. And that i see many ppl using clique which imo wouldnt work out as a priest, alltho i'd like to try. I am wondering how other priests use clique or that feature in healbot

I use Clique as a holy priest. I don't find it insufficient for my needs, though if I had anything less than a five-button mouse, it would get rough. When I first started raiding, I only had the two buttons on my laptop mouse... the memory acrobatics got a little ridiculous. XD

These days, I do get a little confused with my lesser-used binds, for example mixing up Fear Ward and Divine Spirit (only really bound for single-target buffing casters who have been Rebirthed). But these scenarios don't happen often enough to turn me off from using click-binds.

I use grid and mouseovers...old school style. This requires constant knowledge of where your mouse is but I find it a lot better when your mouse only has 5 buttons.
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

I use Grid+clique as Diszi-priest and i really like it. All Spells i need are on a Mouse-Keyboard combo and i think it rocks

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Eleri
    I use Clique as a holy priest. I don't find it insufficient for my needs, though if I had anything less than a five-button mouse, it would get rough. When I first started raiding, I only had the two buttons on my laptop mouse... the memory acrobatics got a little ridiculous. XD
    Indeed, I have a G11 and i"m pretty comfortable with it. only got a 2 button mouse, then maybe thats why. Alltho i dont think i should bind even more keys so i dont think i should purchase myself an multiple button mouse like the Titansteel ones

Even with 2 buttons there's 12 possible combinations just using those 2 and ctrl shift and alt, i have a hard time believing you're using more than 12 healing spells.

mouseover macros ftw + grid.
    it's a lot more relaxing nearly not having to click.

I use mouse over for non-instant spells, like Penance, PoH, FH, GH, and clique for renew, abolish disease, PoM. The point is that everytime you press a button on keyboard, you have to move the finger from WASD to the spell button, press it then move back, thus increase reaction time if that spell is instant. For the non-instant ones, you d stop moving anyway, so "losing" a finger isnt a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkhor
    Even with 2 buttons there's 12 possible combinations just using those 2 and ctrl shift and alt, i have a hard time believing you're using more than 12 healing spells.
    Actually I think it's 14 isn't it? Or can you not do one of the crtl/alt/shift combos? I have to agree though, you aren't likely using that many actual healing spells so I'm not sure I see what the problem is.

Well either way, I personally use a standard mouse right now because I kept breaking (over using?) the other ones lol. I keep left click for targeting, but otherwise I use an assorted combination of clicking either button or the mouse wheel. Now that I actually use VuhDo and they recently updated their keys, I can also use the mouse up/down to cast heals as well which is always pretty useful for 1 handed healing heroics.

I got used to healing this way on my first healer, my resto druid, and I like it a lot. This allows me to keep 3 fingers on wasd (don't need more than 3 since you can't go forward and backwards at the same time) and somewhat naturally places my thumb on the alt key. It can be a little uncomfortable at times to keep my little finger on the shift key for long periods of time but it's in a fairly natural position. Basically I can keyboard walk/turn (yeah yeah bad) and access all my ctrl/alt/shift keys and click my grid/VuhDo for heals. I know it is probably not the ideal setup for certain circumstances but I like to jump between a pug raid or pvp or soloing an old instance etc, and I find this to be good for an overall use.

healbot lags beyond belief and causes fps and general game lag. It also has a half second built in delay from its old setup. in vanilla/bc that was never fixed. If you used healbot in a higher end guild you would get laughed at.

Grid , xpearl raid frames and a few others are good choices.

personally grid + clique was what i used when i healed.

Grid has alot of little side mods you need to download to make it work properly and show everything you want it too but once that is done I dont think there is a single mod that works as good for as little resources.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

I use VuhDo, and use all 20 potential single modifier (or no modifer) keybinds for my 5-button mouse, and there's room for plenty more if I swapped more than my GS/PS spells between specs. The only spells I don't have bound to my mouse are damage spells (for obvious reasons), and ones that don't really work for mouseovers (ie, DH, HoH, MD, raid buffs). Yes, it can be difficult to get used to and remember all the keybinds, but that is easily overcome by a little practice.

Really, though, the best advice is to take time to appropriately design your binds and not just throw them on haphazardly as you realize you need them. For instance, in my design, for most buttons, they represent a certain type of heal and the modifiers simply choose which one of that type. Or I have all of my dispels and most important single target buffs on a particular modifier.

Anyway, the main reason why I'd suggest using VuhDo, Grid+Clique, or Healbot is because it leaves your other hand completely out of it so you can focus on movement. If you don't, you're involving both hands which will interfere with your mobility and probably result in slower reaction. Mouseover macros bound to keys such that you hover and click a key is much better than targetting then clicking a spell (the healing equivalent of a dps clicker), but you're still having to move fingers away from your movement keys. And, of course, the problem with mouseover macros bound to mouse clicks is it interferes with other parts of your UI unless you have a mod helping you with it. Really, set it up and take the time to practice it, it will be faster than your current method. When I first switched back in BC, I ran a few heroics and slowly developed my muscle memory learning the important spells first and then focusing later to learn where the less used spells were.

I use oUF Raid Frames with Mouseover Macros. I have absolutely no issues binding everything on my mouse. I don't have a middle click button, and I don't bind things I wont use (Lesser Heal). I really don't have issues and can usually heal snipe better than Resto Shamans.

Grid + Clique ftw. I like mouseovers conceptually, but I'm just not co-ordinated enough to keep up with more than a few keybinds.

Now what I have done to keep from giving myself carpal tunnel performing some of the lesser-used spells with Clique (Fear ward, and even stuff used only once a fight like Divine Hymn, etc) is to use Dominoes to create an action bar running vertically, immediately adjacent to Grid. I place those lesser-used but still very much important spells there, and can click over onto that bar pretty quick. The even more rarely used spells end up with the detritus on the lowest-most action bars at the bottom of the screen - available in a pinch, but tucked out of the way. (Mind control, et al.)