Frost Emblems, cloaks.

I've got 50 frost emblems and I've decided on getting the cloak, but I've come to a standstill. I don't know what to get, Drape of the Violet Tower, or Volde's Cloak of the Night Sky.
    Which is better for a holy priest?

Re: Frost Emblems, cloaks.

60 spirit > 30 mp5 for holy imo

Mkay, yeah I kinda realised the stats were the same except the 30 mp5 and 60 spirit. Thanks.

You could even be so bold as to get the Greatcloak of the Turned Champion for zero badges from Deathbringer on 25 man (I mean he's been PuG'able since launch : ).

Save your emblems.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    You could even be so bold as to get the Greatcloak of the Turned Champion for zero badges from Deathbringer on 25 man (I mean he's been PuG'able since launch : ).

Save your emblems.
    That's assuming the cloak drops. I've done Saurfang more times than I care to think about, and I've only seen it drop... never. It drops for other people though. I'm forced to throw snowballs at them in Dal
    "Are those her boobs, or did a couple of zeppelins land on her chest?"

Quote Originally Posted by Silriel
    That's assuming the cloak drops. I've done Saurfang more times than I care to think about, and I've only seen it drop... never. It drops for other people though. I'm forced to throw snowballs at them in Dal
    Our healers feel your pain, a kill each week since ICC lauch, not a single cloak.

Yup the cloak is a myth, DFO hasn't dropped for us either but this isn't about that.

I would just get spirit cloak, better throughput and you get some regen rather than mp5. Mp5 is the Devil!!!! lol

15+ Year Old Account

We've had it drop a few times, the loot council gave it to an Elemental Shaman last night. He then traded it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima
    We've had it drop a few times, the loot council gave it to an Elemental Shaman last night. He then traded it to me.
    Good shaman. Bad council.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tarciryan
    Good shaman. Bad council.

/agreed

this cloak should be prioritized to druids and priests. Yes a mage or warlock can benefit from the spirit, but it should still be way better for a druid or priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBlade
    Every new dps trinket in the game should be itemised exactly and perfectly for you and also be an upgrade over your current trinkets.
    If this doesn't happen, the game is broken beyond horrific terrible belief and is not worth playing.
    http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...scale/nysalia/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/225579/

Waterwings, it's not that it should be prioritised to priests or healers that we're saying. It's that "Hey, what the hell can a Shaman use with any of this Spirit", when all the cloth/leather casters actually make use of the stat in some form or another (with the exception of Discipline Priests, but they're weird anyways. :P)
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Waterwings

/agreed

this cloak should be prioritized to druids and priests. Yes a mage or warlock can benefit from the spirit, but it should still be way better for a druid or priest.
    "can benefit" is a weak description. It's just as good on the gear chain for those classes. It should not be prioritized one over another.... but over elemental, yes.

They're all the same ilvl so the decision is really a choice of which stats you prefer. Shredded (haste crit blue socket) should also be a consideration. Take note that dpsers are more likely to be interested in turned champion (haste spirit green socket) and shredded as the EOF cloaks dont really cut it for them (at least this is what i've been told). So that may also be a consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti

Save your emblems.
    I like how you think, have a cookie.
    Has opinions about stuff.
    Character - Danrar (Forever Holy Priest)

Quote Originally Posted by Silriel
    I feel your pain man. We have done Saurfang 12 times and only seen the cloak drop once (a tree got it). Im stuck with the cape from 10 man princes. It isn't BiS of course but it is still better than any of the emblem ones. Of course we have had the Dreamwalker cloak drop 3 times.

I bought the mp5 one as disc, but as holy you need alot spirit so IF you cba farming cloak from Saurfang (like me) just buy the spirit one.

Since spirit has a higher regen value for holy than disc and it is a throughput stat as well i would go with the spirit cloak. If you need regen mp5 ain't the way to go gem some intel and be done with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheever
    60 spirit > 30 mp5 for holy imo
    How come when it comes to Spirit, ppl just looks at the mp5 part but not the dmg increase? Yea it's a small increase but non-the-less an increase ;p

Quote Originally Posted by qjiggy
    How come when it comes to Spirit, ppl just looks at the mp5 part but not the dmg increase? Yea it's a small increase but non-the-less an increase ;p
    That's the only reason i keep spirit on my holy gear, for regen i'd go with intel and be done with the damn thing.

MP5 is a dead stat that doesn't scale, it is also a dead horse beaten with a stick.