dreamwalker and guardian spirit

we did this fight tonight, and our holy priests were having problems with casting their guardian spirit on her. and there a bug with it? we kept getting the message "invalid target"

Re: dreamwalker and guardian spirit

do they use a guardian spirit macro

I use clique and I just finished this fight not 10 minutes ago.

I had her has a focus frame and just used my clique mouseover on her and it worked fine.

Did they try clicking on her and spellbooking?

dreamwalker gets a minute long debuff when you use GS. i think that our priests said something like that.

she gains "weakened spirit" 1 minute debuff preventing gaurdian spirit spam/stacking holy priests (lol why would you do that for this fight)

your priests prob thought this was weakened soul, same debuff icon

I'm just a bit upset they have time to "fix" things like this, but no time to actually fix the buggy death prevention. GS was my only ticket into dreamwalker, and it was a small one.

Nowadays, we bring 3+ holypaladins to dreamwalker. Makes the fight ridiculously easy. Just sucks for any player not rolling an OP healer, we're forced to wait outside.

Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    Just sucks for any player not rolling an OP healer, we're forced to wait outside.
    This has been happening for years, why bring a class to the raid/boss when you can bring another class that does the job better?

I'm somewhat agreeing, but still forced to decline what you're saying Danner.

Holy priests haven't been OP since Vanilla. We did have a little bit of time in the sun at the end of BT and possibly Sunwell, but two problems came with that. One was egotistical assholes like Nihilum laughing at our faces and just bringing along another Resto Shaman (and of course all the copy-cats following suit despite being terrible) and secondly that most people never actually saw Sunwell.

So for a lot of people, a Holy Priest/ess has been quite low in effective output while still having a mana bar that it can blow through (when the only one similar would be a Holy Paladin, but not going to go into that...). Then Blizzard came along and gave Priests ANOTHER healing spec viable in PvE, that everyone's jumping over.

To those that actually enjoy Holy's fast paced reactive playstyle:
    Is it "Fair"? I don't know. I'm masochistic and love playing underdog specs.
    Are we likely to actually see changes? Not likely, no one actually plays a Holy or a Shadow Priest on development, and they don't play Discipline in PvP either.

Are we still effective at the job we do? 100%. This is what matters. Be a strong healer, and so long as you're not being flooded with certain class/specs, you won't get sat.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Nothing wrong with holy priests... we have 2 in our raid and we'd gladly take a 3rd... and as for Holy Pallys, if you have 3 or more you completely upset the healing balance for every other encounter in ICC to the point of making them overally difficult...

Versatility is an underrated ability by most raids, mostly because raid leaders don't actually lead very well... you can get a holy priest to do any job and as such having more holy priests doesn't hurt your raid like more holy pallys does. Their strengths are quite niche and having more of them doesn't actually achieve much in the vast majority of encounters.

10+ Year Old Account

At the moment its Resto Shamans that are the most powerful on Dreamwalker.

With Ancestral Awakening Double Dipping on the buff we have 2 resto shammies/1 Holy Pally go into the portal while I stay outside and just heal the dragon through beacon (I don't have 2p T10 .... yes I know I'm naughty).

Although it looks like a healer fight and to an extend it is, the more on the ball your dps are and the better they are at minimizing taking damage the more healing can go onto the dragon.

More raid damage = less healing on the dragon. We run 7 healers and we'll eventually get there with 4 healers on the dragon but the faster blazing skeltons die etc = faster encounter.

Try Saurfang and also Dreamwalker hardmode with holy priests/disc priests rather than holy paladins.

In my opinion there is little to no point in bringing a holy priest to the raid unless A) they are a good player or B) You have to bring them because you have nothing else. At the moment paladins are doing exceptionally well and resto shamans/druids can do what a holy priest does just fine. Saying this i would still bring a disc priest for the preemptive PW:S on the raid, which on some hardmodes is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Weena2
    In my opinion there is little to no point in bringing a holy priest to the raid unless A) they are a good player or B) You have to bring them because you have nothing else.
    These should be the reasons for any spec. At the moment, it isn't like that, but if you're applying it to Holy Priests then I'd have to say they're in the perfect place, and Druids/Paladins/Discipline each need to be brought down a fair chunk.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~