Buying a Mouse and keyboard

Ok i just ordered my new rig and im in need of a keyboard and mouse for gaming purposes, mostly wow. I would like a illuminated keyboard and i dont know what to look for when buying a mouse? i know 5 buttons for sure at the least.

I was thinking about the razr naga but i dunno if i need 17 buttons on a mouse lol.

What kind of mouse/keyboard setup do you guys use?

Re: Mose and keyboard

Logitch G15 and G500
    Made from:
    50% Win, 50% LOL, 50% Legend... That is 150% mother*(#^$*!!!

Re: Buying a Mouse and keyboard

A G15 is a no-brainer I've loved mine from day one.

But reg. the mouse i bought a Naga the other day because I have a habit of binding alot of things to my mouse.

But after testing it for a while I'm pretty sure I will never get used to it. the 12 buttons on the side is too small to actually use on the fly and the mouse4 and 5 buttons are not very well placed for use either.

That's just my opinion, I used to have a Razer Copperhead and I might end up buying one of thoose again or the new version of it (Diamondback?) That's a mouse I have always loved.
    It's not illegal to be dumb.. Yet..!

Deleted

Re: Mose and keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by soapy
    Logitch G15 and G500
    /Agreed, G15 is awesome, though there's also a G19 now, gotta love it for /drooling purposes. And I use the G500 aswell, it has 3 buttons for keybindings, 1 to get the scroll-lock thingy off/on and 2 for DPI higher/lower

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

I use the G15 and MX-518 mouse (Logitech). The G19 is so utterly useless when it really just comes with a color display, and you don't really play the game on it (let the flames begin). The G500 is alright but the MX-518 have also been a good mouse for a long time.
    A wise man once said: "Purples are just a means, not an end"

The Razer DeathAdder or Lachesis are by far superior Mice.

The Razer Lycosis is the Best keyboard. The gigantic raised buttons on the G15 would be an instant no no. Gotta reach up to high and far to hit keys. Yea it has some macro keys, BUT you can macro every single key on a Lycosis if you want.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Hotsforyou
    The Razer DeathAdder or Lachesis are by far superior Mice.

The Razer Lycosis is the Best keyboard. The gigantic raised buttons on the G15 would be an instant no no. Gotta reach up to high and far to hit keys. Yea it has some macro keys, BUT you can macro every single key on a Lycosis if you want.
    That's just your opinion tho, don't bring it as an fact. I've tried the Deathadder and Lycosis in a store, and I have the G15/G500, but I like the G15/G500 A LOT more then the Razer stuff.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Razor Deathadder is utter crap unless you got tiny female hands, then it might be a comfortable mouse. The reaction on it is alright but it's really uncomfortable if you got normal to big hands.
    A wise man once said: "Purples are just a means, not an end"

I think im going to go for the razr illuminated keyboar(lycosis?) Not sure what mouse tho. debating between the g500 and naga. something tells me you can never have enough buttons for wow.

Yes that would be the Lycosis. The Naga is good for wow. I bet its real nice for healers.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

I use the Logitech G5 V2 and Merc Keyboard made by steelseries. I actually just started using the Merc keyboard so I am still getting used to it but that is because I am an old school clicker who is trying to train himself...lol My son uses the same mouse and the illuminated version of the board and loves it.

I use the microsoft sidewinder keyboard and find it very nice. The keys are like those on a laptop and stiff which suits my taste.

Mouse is the logitech mouse and it simply rocks.

G15 keyboard and MMO-Mouse. Just got the mouse today, seems to be good so far.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Manwoman
    Razor Deathadder is utter crap unless you got tiny female hands, then it might be a comfortable mouse. The reaction on it is alright but it's really uncomfortable if you got normal to big hands.
    LOL /agreed

Logitech G15 and Razer Naga, best combo... i reckon