Deleted

my media player classic subtitles are out of sync

I recently got a few .avi movies from my brother, but they came without subtitles. windows media player and center have trouble with .avi subtitles, i noticed, since neither of them have any subtitles.

i wanted to view the latest mummy movie.

so i got media player classic from the cnet page. i took that partly since i knew a bit about it from before my laptop crash. i had to change a few options (windows 7), but i still saw no subtitles.

so i downloaded some subtitles from a subtitle website (sub-titles.net), but the problems did not stop there. those subtitles were out of synch. i searched the web, and found an online resyncher. i used it (with a -20 second delay) and tried those.

it worked, but now my subtitles are going too slow... i really don't know how to fix this. can anyone explain how i speed up the subtitles in media player classic on windows 7?

Re: my media player classic subtitles are out of sync

I'd first start with using a better media player.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

I agree with the above poster, first of all get VLC. You probably have the wrong subtitles for your dvdrip or version. There are normally several different subtitles for several different versions of the dvd. The key is in the filename. It should be the same filename in the subtitle (Etc. Movie.DVDRip.Sexyripper then the subtitles should have Movie.DVDRip.Sexyripper in the filename on the website).
    A wise man once said: "Purples are just a means, not an end"

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by nzall
    I recently got a few .avi movies from my brother, but they came without subtitles. windows media player and center have trouble with .avi subtitles, i noticed, since neither of them have any subtitles.

i wanted to view the latest mummy movie.

so i got media player classic from the cnet page. i took that partly since i knew a bit about it from before my laptop crash. i had to change a few options (windows 7), but i still saw no subtitles.

so i downloaded some subtitles from a subtitle website (sub-titles.net), but the problems did not stop there. those subtitles were out of synch. i searched the web, and found an online resyncher. i used it (with a -20 second delay) and tried those.

it worked, but now my subtitles are going too slow... i really don't know how to fix this. can anyone explain how i speed up the subtitles in media player classic on windows 7?
    Well, if they go to slow, get the delay on -15 or -10. PLay around with it until it works. But anyhow indeed: VLC player FTW, use it!

Deleted

thanks for the replies.

however, my brother renamed those files to the normal movie name, so i cannot see the source of the file.

Deleted

thanks for the replies.

however, my brother renamed those files to the normal movie name, so i cannot see the source of the file.
    If you know where you got it from, you can see it right?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

thanks for the replies.

Usually the filename (aka source) appears as you start the movie so that another person don't plagiarize it. Also try right clicking and properties to see if you can find any info there.
    A wise man once said: "Purples are just a means, not an end"