Thread: New Computer

New Computer

Finally getting around to building a new computer, My current one was built 10 years ago but got a few upgrades since.

Current Computer:

Asus P4B
    Pent4 @2.6ghz
    Sapphire Radeon X1600 (AGP 8x running at 4x because of the MB)
    1.5GB Kingston SD 133mhz
    500GB Western Digital IDE
    535W Enermax PSU
    Windows XP 32bit
    LG 22" 16:9 @ 1920 x 1080
    Some no-name case

New Computer:

Asus P6T SE
    Intel i7 920
    Sapphire Radeon HD 5770
    6GB DDR3 OCZ 1333 TC
    1TB Western Digital SATA
    850W Corsair PSU
    Windows 7 64bit
    Same Monitor.
    Cooler Master 690 II Case

Right now in Dalaran I average 7fps on what I call medium settings, slightly more during off-peak hours. Somehow I've managed to stay sane all this time.

So my question to you is. Does anyone run any of the hardware I'm going to be getting and have/had any problems with it? I've done quite a bit of research and overall there isn't a lot of negative. I play WoW regularly along with a few other games(Half Life 2 and it's relatives) and will want to get into games like Crysis and many more current and future games since the new computer should be able to run them at least close to max settings.

Deleted

Re: New Computer

It'll run fine and I'm pretty sure you'll be able to play smoothly with high settings

Re: New Computer

Drop down to the i5-750, which will save you enough money hopefully to up to the 5850, drop the PSU to the 750TX. (And if you have money left over, the Intel 80GB SSD is a nice upgrade)