Thread: Advice?

Advice?

Alriht srry to ask this guys but i just got this desktop, and its gonna be here in a few days but im wondering what settings you guys recomend using and how many addons do u guys think i'll be able to use in 25mans.

Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    AMD Athlon(TM) X4 620 quad-core processor [2.6GHz, 2MB L2, up to 4000MT/s bus]
    6GB DDR3-1066MHz SDRAM [3 DIMMs]
    640GB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive from 500GB
    512MB ATI Radeon HD 4350 [DVI, HDMI, VGA adapter]
    3.0 mpbs internet.

Re: Advice?

As far as the addons go, it also depends on what type of addons they are, because not all of them are equally demanding, but they usually do not cause a huge difference unless you really overkill it with them.

Now as far as the video settings go, if you want smooth frame rates in 25 mans you will have to dip down to low/medium video settings and pick a medium resolution because your graphics card is pretty budget.

Check the sticky if you need any further advice/tips on how to improve your frame rates.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    As far as the addons go, it also depends on what type of addons they are, because not all of them are equally demanding, but they usually do not cause a huge difference unless you really overkill it with them.

Now as far as the video settings go, if you want smooth frame rates in 25 mans you will have to dip down to low/medium video settings and pick a medium resolution because your graphics card is pretty budget.

Check the sticky if you need any further advice/tips on how to improve your frame rates.
    Alright ty, yea im used to the lowest of the low settings on PoS pc i have now hence why im upgrading. As far as addons i use only omen and dbm on the pc i use now but i was wondering if i could run like atlas loot, recount, omen, dmb, and a xpearl at the same time.

Those addons shouldn't cause any problems, though if you want to cut down on memory usage, I recommend you use Skada instead of Recount. Because of the way it handles the data, Skada doesn't even come close to Recount's memory usage, especially in 25-man raids.

That GPU is exceptionally weak, it will be your first upgrade and make a decent difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Azhriaz
    Those addons shouldn't cause any problems, though if you want to cut down on memory usage, I recommend you use Skada instead of Recount. Because of the way it handles the data, Skada doesn't even come close to Recount's memory usage, especially in 25-man raids.
    Is skada's setup the same as recount? Like configuration wise?

Quote Originally Posted by chaud
    That GPU is exceptionally weak, it will be your first upgrade and make a decent difference.
    i already plan on getting a new gpu in the next couple month, only reason i got what i did was cause my vid card is practicly fried on the comp i have now, once i save up more money im gonna start upgrading what needs to be upgraded.

Quote Originally Posted by Acreas
    Is skada's setup the same as recount? Like configuration wise?
    It's not exactly the same of course, but Skada does have similar features.

Quote Originally Posted by Azhriaz
    It's not exactly the same of course, but Skada does have similar features.
    hey anything that records damage and is more lightweight then recount is fine with me