Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Computer Speakers...

I am in the market for some new speakers. I want to get away from all the wires and hassle of a 5.1 system and go with a 2.0 or 2.1 system. My budget is around $125 maybe a bit more if they are worth it. The main uses would be for movies/videos, music and of courst games.

What speakers do you folks use here and are you prett happy with them for the most part? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have read countless reviews and am having a hard time deciding on what to get so I figured I would come here and get some advise.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Computer Speakers...

I don't know if it's very helpful but I found this on CNET.

Also found this. Gotta love Google. My keyword was "computer speakers".
    A wise man once said: "Purples are just a means, not an end"

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Manwoman
    I don't know if it's very helpful but I found this on CNET.

Also found this. Gotta love Google. My keyword was "computer speakers".
    As I said I have read countless reviews and was having a hard time deciding so I thought I would come here and ask what other folks were using and how well they liked them. So next time you want to throw in smart alec comment about google keep it to yourself. I do appreciate the other links though thank you.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Izzeren
    As I said I have read countless reviews and was having a hard time deciding so I thought I would come here and ask what other folks were using and how well they liked them. So next time you want to throw in smart alec comment about google keep it to yourself. I do appreciate the other links though thank you.
    Sorry if I came off as an asshole. Was not my intention. I personally love my Creative Speakers. But I know that logitech makes good products. I would go with the speaker that looks nice in terms of wattage.
    A wise man once said: "Purples are just a means, not an end"

Currently I have http://www.ihomeaudio.com/iP1 and it is simply AMAZING. It may be a little pricy, but all you need after you buy the stereo is some connectors (i cant remember what they are, but one end goes in the back of the stereo and the other in the headphone jack of your computer) and plus, you can dock your ipod on it and charge/set alarms for it.

Deleted

I'd go for the Logitech Z-4, or if you can afford it (lot more power/watt) Logitech Z-2300

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Thanks for the replies folks. I think I am probally going to go with the Logitech 523's which are basically the replacement for the Z4's. I would love to get the 2300's but just can't shell out the extra cash for those right now.