Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Getting kicked for being Disc

I actually find it to be a good thing. It allows me to avoid bad raid leaders. That's the reason why I always say that I'm disc, so I immediatly know if the RL knows what my class is, and how it works (I agree, it's not fail-proof, but it helps).

Quote Originally Posted by Teippi
    I believe you have just met few casual retards. you just cant help them :I
    the guy complaining is a casual lol

casuals vs casuals?

addicted player vs addicted players?

addicted players vs casuals?

I popped out to get my shopping done and came back to find an overwhelming response of support so thanks for boosting my confidence back up there. I needed to know I wasnt the only one experiencing this and it seems to be a common problem.

I will be looking at my healing style to make sure my absorbs arent counting towards an abnormal amount of my overall healing but mostly I think I just encounted people who havent a clue about disc. I'll keep on playing as disc and see how much abuse I get, hopefully running my trusty Skada will be a backup for any defence of myself I have to make. I just hope its not going to be a reoccuring problem, knowing I'm going to have to defend myself every VoA or PuG raid I go to just isnt that appealing. At least I know I have the support of my fellow disc priesties.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapchi
    I actually find it to be a good thing. It allows me to avoid bad raid leaders. That's the reason why I always say that I'm disc, so I immediatly know if the RL knows what my class is, and how it works (I agree, it's not fail-proof, but it helps).
    Unfortunately I told both raid leaders that I was disc before they even invited me, and they didnt seem to make any objection at the time. Maybe they thought I meant disco. Disco Priest gogo, healing with the power of boogie.

Quote Originally Posted by sadface

casuals vs casuals?

... huh?

Quote Originally Posted by sadface

casuals vs casuals?

Well how about common sense vs pure stupidity?

It blows me away how many people out there still don't understand the power of a disc priest.

My wife plays a disc priest and I hear it from her on a daily basis, any grp or pug she joins yell at her for being disc. I know 1st hand how powerful one is for a) playing one myself <swapped from holy to disc after wotlk> and b) for seeing them on our guild runs.

Yes newbs will try posting metters, but most of them don't include the damage absorbers which is huge!

"This is just an example"
    It's like trying to compare said War tank with said Hunter tanking... (sparing that both survive the fight lol)
    You have to also factor in how much healing they took and overall damage they recieved.

But nonetheless... keep your head up Disc priests, there are those who are among you who understand your power and will be greatful to have you with them

disc isn't about big numbers its about the right heal/shield at the right time. it's about prevention and support. next time someone gives you crap about meters point out that because you were there the raid took 3% less damage.

Quote Originally Posted by snodge
    Meh it still amazes me how retarded people are in this game clearly disc is imo the best and funnest spec to play
    ^this!

last week our raid leader yelled at me, why the f*ck i'm specced into holy (I was just comparing holy and disc in a fight) and I should respec into discipline immediately. kinda made my chuckle

no really, if someone is blaming you for being a bad healer and you're discipline.. just leave, because they don't know a thing.
    ››yeah, here used to be a signature once. I've must lost it somewhere in the twisting nether... still waiting for the mail from the postmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Iera
    It all comes down to people being completely ignorant to any of the other classes than their own. There's not much I can say to help you keep your spot in a raid, but if people complain they just have no clue what they're talking about.
    Take a look at your overhealing compared to any of the other healers. Normaly I'm at say half of the other healers on healing done, but my overhealing is extremly low compared to say a Druid who just spams wild growth or a Paly using Beacon. What's the point of 4-5k healing done if half of your heals are overheals.
    At first I had no intentions of replying 2 this post since the rest pretty much summed it up. Disc healers are great for preventing dmg and especialy on burst which honnestly is such a great thing.
    But back to the quote. You are just as ignorant seeing as overhealing clearly doesn't matter when mana isn't an issue. I get you want to deffend disc priests but throwing out bs just makes you sound bad and I think at this point most people that knows abit about the game know how disc work and the value of having a disc healer in the raid so it shouldn't be needed making up things to prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hevajra
    disc isn't about big numbers its about the right heal/shield at the right time. it's about prevention and support. next time someone gives you crap about meters point out that because you were there the raid took 3% less damage.
    Prot pallies

Quote Originally Posted by zera
    But back to the quote. You are just as ignorant seeing as overhealing clearly doesn't matter when mana isn't an issue. I get you want to deffend disc priests but throwing out bs just makes you sound bad and I think at this point most people that knows abit about the game know how disc work and the value of having a disc healer in the raid so it shouldn't be needed making up things to prove it.
    Not quite 100% true I'd say as overhealing someone when someone else needs heals is bad

10+ Year Old Account

I would probably mock them in trade incessantly.

Jeez what an idiots there. Even when you linked skada they mock you for what? Wtf this makes me go ragemode irl since i remember my own situations like this.

Ignore those scrubs.

People are dumb and biased. Plain and Simple.

I play on Madoran with a priest alt, Shadow/Holy. Madoran is not known for its amazing pugs... No, just the opposite. My heal set is meh... mostly t9, some t10 ilvl gear. My glaring problem is the fact that I've got 4 other alts and a main to worry about, so I'm not particularly worried about going out and farming a better cloak to replace the ilvl 200 pos (piece of shit for those confusing it with pit of saron) I'm wearing. I heal quite well given the gear level and have very easily 2 healed the first parts of ICC. I just have to micromanage my mana pool a bit more than a priest with 30k mana.

Now I'm in a VOA pug and we're on Toravon. The RL puts me as a holy priest healing the MT and leaves the disc priests to raid heal. Needless to say we wipe horribly from lack of raid heals. I ask the RL why he put a holy priest on MT healing rather than a disc priest and his response was "I didn't think you'd be holy seeing as Holy blows". I swap to raid heals and we proceed to kick his frosty behind.

The main point of this is just to reiterate, dumb folks are dumb the same way bad players are bad. Just play well and link em meters afterwords to show them how dumb they are, even if they do kick you out.

The sad part is, it wont stop happening to you. A big part of WoW has become so easy that any idiot can start a raid and pretend to lead it. Additionally WoW has evolved to being about performance and the only way idiots have of measuring performance are addons such as gearscore, recount, Omen etc. Addons can be nice and useful, but they've also dulled the skills of so many players.

Either chose your raids carefully, do them with friends and guild or simply lead them yourself - if not, I doubt you'll ever get away from complaints about lack of performance unless you respec holy... sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Neera
    Disco Priest gogo, healing with the power of boogie.
    Haha I love that. I think I finally found my sig.

Had this in ICC10 pug, kept getting shit from a resto shammy saying icc10 is no place for a disc priest adn kept linking the meters, seriously wanted to rage.
    We got to Saurfang and kept wiping because the OT was dc pretty much all the time and all he kept spamming was "slacker healers" and basically blaming me for the wipes (he had specced ele for saurfang as we'd been running 3 healers with a tree) I asked him to swap so he could obviously outheal the world and i'd dps, funnily enough he declined...

you get asshats everywhere, you live and learn!

Deleted

disc priests innately have a lower healing done. however, they balance that out with using their plentiful absorbs and damage reductions.

default disc spec has 3% damage reduction raidwide, 10% on almost any target they heal, 30% healing shield, resource return and a very strong pw:S.

if any raidleader says you don't pull your weight on the healing meter, link skada and/or say they need to add an extra 13% from damage reduction and add about 30% from crit heals and absorbs.

I will never kick a disc priest or any other healer from my raid because of low healing, unless we wipe repeatedly.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by D3CYPH3R
    Had this in ICC10 pug, kept getting shit from a resto shammy saying icc10 is no place for a disc priest adn kept linking the meters, seriously wanted to rage.
    We got to Saurfang and kept wiping because the OT was dc pretty much all the time and all he kept spamming was "slacker healers" and basically blaming me for the wipes (he had specced ele for saurfang as we'd been running 3 healers with a tree) I asked him to swap so he could obviously outheal the world and i'd dps, funnily enough he declined...

you get asshats everywhere, you live and learn!
    You know what the really sad part about that is? Three weeks ago, before it was hotfixed, that same group would have been begging for a disc priest since the shields stopped blood power gain from boiling blood and other various attacks. Now that they hotfixed that, people like in your PuG think disc is "useless" again.

I
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present