Anub'arak + bubble - need clarification

Hello,

can someone please once and for all clear something for me, because I see multiple opinions on that.

Boss: Anub'arak in TotGC 10 men. Let's make it simple: I am the last one standing. I bubble myself having 20k hp. Anub'arak uses:

Leeching Swarm - Drains 10% of each target's current health every 1 second. A minimum of 250 health will be leeched. This is a passive aura in this phase.

What happens?

1) I have 18k hp. Anub'arak is healed for 2k.
    2) I have 18k hp. Anub'arak is healed for 0.
    3) I have 20k hp. Anub'arak is healed for 2k.
    4) I have 20k hp. Anub'arak is healed for 0.
    5) The Ice Stone has melted.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Anub'arak + bubble - need clarification

I usually heal this as holy, but have done as disc.

Basically (3). The "Drain" counts as spell damage based on total life, but bubble mechanics cause it to drain "Health" from the pool of the bubble mechanic.

In essence when I heal this as disc I let the first few ticks go on the raid before you bubble because they are less effective and basically die in 1 hit at the beginning and leave Weakened soul on everyone. Heal tank, get grace up, Binding heal, then I usually rotate bubble+BT/PoH in a somewhat slow rotation per group while healing the tanks. Keep everyone 30-50% this way. If you have a resto druid or shaman this should be an easy win for you. If your other healer is a pally, go holy.

Don't Binding heal, you don't want yourself on high health. Unless you have the DoT at the time.

Tanks need to be kept up and some kind of passive healing should be on all groups like Judgement of Light, Healing Stream, a casual low rank Holy Nova from time to time works as well.
    Has opinions about stuff.
    Character - Danrar (Forever Holy Priest)

Quote Originally Posted by magicism
    Tanks need to be kept up and some kind of passive healing should be on all groups like Judgement of Light, Healing Stream, a casual low rank Holy Nova from time to time works as well.
    This will not be enough to keep everyone alive, and holy nova only hits your group. Keeping everyone in the 30-50% range is fine, if you got this far it means your DPS can handle it. Avg 25k life means in 10 man anub is getting about ~10k HPS. If your 6 DPS can't do >30k DPS to get him dead in about 60 sec I don't know what they're doing. There's no real point in letting people get so low they are close to death especially in ToGC when you trying for insanity every week to get your group mounts.

afaik the bubble counts towards the ammount leeched so 20k+8k bubble = 2.8k leech, but the leech damage will not be taken from said bubble, so you can shield the entire raid and let them drop low, and the shield will absorb the first tick or so giving your healers an extra second to heal the players that get penetrating cold... a holy nova every 10 seconds or so should keep people from dying directly from leech, just focus tanks/PC victims and it will make p3 go alot faster than keeping yourself at 18k like your example implies

Quote Originally Posted by Murkuri
    This will not be enough to keep everyone alive, and holy nova only hits your group. Keeping everyone in the 30-50% range is fine, if you got this far it means your DPS can handle it. Avg 25k life means in 10 man anub is getting about ~10k HPS. If your 6 DPS can't do >30k DPS to get him dead in about 60 sec I don't know what they're doing. There's no real point in letting people get so low they are close to death especially in ToGC when you trying for insanity every week to get your group mounts.
    Errrrrrrrrrrrr yeah sure, I will just let someone else handle this.

Quote Originally Posted by Murkuri
    JoL is enough for any melee, a healing stream totem off a resto shaman with a propper amount of spellpower is also enough, a shadow priest is also enough, you're just slow on pene colds and want a "buffer"!
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=enbee
    -> I might be logged out in protpvpgear

/bow
    My work here is done.

Quote Originally Posted by baal80
    5) The Ice Stone has melted.
    Oh god, I haven't seen that one in ages. Gave me a laugh <3 Ty!