Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: haste stack in disc

^

If you are a tank healer only (sigh), then you want a fair chunk of Haste and Crit, casting 1.3-5 second Greater Healers which crit for 19k is fairly useful (BL + Power Infusions, I have 700 Haste and 1.89 unbuffed cast time, stacking it will provide more, not to mention ze buffs).

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    Except that you wouldn't be swapping crit, you wouldn't be swapping spell power, you would be trading Spirit. Most of your gear should have both crit and haste on it by now. And quite frankly, if you only have 400 haste, you're probably doing something very wrong with your gear choices.
    Most 25 man raids your healing is going to be in rank:
    Power Word: Shield
    Glyph of Power Word: Shield
    Prayer of Mending
    Flash Heal
    Penance
    Divine Aegis.

Why stack more haste if most of your healing is through shielding?
    Spirit isn't terrible, specially if you're preemptive shielding, which is hugely needed in heroic ICC.
    The regen proves useful.
    Even in my gear, I sometimes get low in mana.

15+ Year Old Account

You should only really be having mana issues on LK as Disc. Well, unless you are spamming Dreamwalker from outside the portals 100% of the time.

It's just a question of "Well, spirit...might as well take Haste over that, thank you!" -vs- "Spirit...yes, spirit. Even though I don't have 100% up time of Borrowed Time, this unneeded regen will help vastly instead of being able to cast quick heals in succession when targets have weakend soul, fo sho' ".

Maybe pushing it a bit there, but you get the point. We don't need the Spirit, it gives no healing output, Haste will, regardless of the size, it's more. Again, LK does not count for this.

Anyone who claims he/she is a Disc priest "tank healer" and just spams FH is overgeared for the content or is riding on the backs of other healers.

And if you want to be a pure PWS spammer, fine, yes, haste does nothing for you. If you want more tools to utilize, then stack crit and haste and make yourself a more versatile healer.

If you need more regen, gem some int; don't gear for spirit.

First off, if your glyph is beating your Mending, you're doing it wrong. First sign of a bad Discipline Priest, right there.

And while, for obvious reasons, I haven't done H-Arthas, I can safely say that you can still do most of H-ICC without a Discipline Priest, thus reducing the "need" for spam/preemptive shielding. It has its place, certainly, but the utility of a Greater as needed, or a clutch Prayer, is quite frankly one of the reasons you guys can still be kept around.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

The idea that you need more regen during LK25 (normal of course) is not true. You need to be more judicious with your mana use. There are times to mana dump and times to be conservative. And you must maximize your regen tools. But you do not need to change gear or regem.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    First off, if your glyph is beating your Mending, you're doing it wrong. First sign of a bad Discipline Priest, right there.
    Fight dependant. Being able to heal 5 people from 94% to 100% in 7 seconds -vs- ProM hitting those exact 5 and/or managing to not land on a [bloody] pet.

You choose your Shield Heal, ProM isn't smart enough.

15+ Year Old Account

I gem straight spellpower and inteleect, but that's just me. I prefer the crit boost from int and the bubble boost from spellpower. Also, discipline needs haste about as much as I need a hole in the head. The soft cap for discipline is like 154ish. I only gear as high as 360-400.

Your friend is incredibly wrong. You don't need 600 haste as discipline. But you should be crit capped (50%).
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown
    I gem straight spellpower and inteleect, but that's just me. I prefer the crit boost from int and the bubble boost from spellpower. Also, discipline needs haste about as much as I need a hole in the head.
    Maybe you have built up pressure in your head then? We aren't (I'm not) talking about gemming for Haste, I'm against it as Disc. I gem SP for red, SP+Int for Yellow and SP+Spirit for blue (Holy OS...or MS, not sure. I don't use the blue slot if it's something useless like 2mp5).

Also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intracranial_pressure

For those who missed the joke!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima
    Fight dependant. Being able to heal 5 people from 94% to 100% in 7 seconds -vs- ProM hitting those exact 5 and/or managing to not land on a [bloody] pet.

You choose your Shield Heal, ProM isn't smart enough.
    This is definitely fight dependent.
    Yes, PoM is going to do more healing in a fight like Sindragosa and Blood queen.
    But fights like Rotface, Lady Deathwhisper, Putricide, it will end up as more healing done.
    As Ultima stated, ProM just isnt smart enough sometimes.

Sure you can do raids without a discipline priest, but that in no way gave a logical reason why spam/preemptive shielding a bad thing.
    Utility of Greater heal where?
    I have 2 paladins in my raid.
    Prayer of Healing where?
    I have 2 druids, resto shaman, and a holy priest in raids.

I understand 10 mans could be different based on your healers, but honestly, there shouldnt be any use of Prayer of Healing, the only exception Id see is on Sindragosa and you have unchained magic.

We 5 heal blood queen, so I don't even heal that fight.

I wasn't particular just talking about LK25 Cruxxy, I'm just saying if you don't need the haste, why not get some spirit on gear? Play it safe so you can heal effectively with less worry of mana issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown
    I gem straight spellpower and inteleect, but that's just me. I prefer the crit boost from int and the bubble boost from spellpower. Also, discipline needs haste about as much as I need a hole in the head. The soft cap for discipline is like 154ish. I only gear as high as 360-400.

Your friend is incredibly wrong. You don't need 600 haste as discipline. But you should be crit capped (50%).
    You gem straight int and use lightweave embroidery and ember meta. And you have over 1000 spirit in your Disc gear. Fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Revitalize
    Sure you can do raids without a discipline priest, but that in no way gave a logical reason why spam/preemptive shielding a bad thing.
    Utility of Greater heal where?
    I have 2 paladins in my raid.
    Prayer of Healing where?
    I have 2 druids, resto shaman, and a holy priest in raids.
    Again, if you are a pure shield spammer, you have no need for haste. I can tell you that with much less spirit and much more haste, I too can be a shield spammer AND I can effectively cast other spells also.

Posts fused ~ Ultima

Quote Originally Posted by cruxxy
    You gem straight int and use lightweave embroidery and ember meta. And you have over 1000 spirit in your Disc gear. Fun.

Again, if you are a pure shield spammer, you have no need for haste. I can tell you that with much less spirit and much more haste, I too can be a shield spammer AND I can effectively cast other spells also.

Posts fused ~ Ultima
    I never said I was a pure shield spammer.
    Penance?
    ProM?
    Flash heal?
    Binding Heal?

Already at fast cast times and flash heal capped to 1.1s.
    What other effective spell did you have in mind?
    I don't see your argument here.

Quote Originally Posted by cruxxy
    If you want to be a shield spammer and cast effectively other spells you dont need more haste. Penance dont eat BT so your 2 spells will benefit from it. Or do you want to tell me that you have haste for lower GC on your mending? cmon... so why should I change useless spirit for even more useless haste? If you dont want to shield at all or just tanks, you should think about rolling holy. Even in naxx I shielded more, not as much as now tho.

Oh, and no. You cant shield spam without spirit or full int geming. So it will be at the end tradeoff haste for SP.

I absolutely agree with Revitalize. In fact, people that use GH as a argument for getting more haste makes me smile.

and btw my healing ranked by spell looks like:
    PW:S
    PoM and Divine aegis (+- same)
    everything else

If you never use PoH and GH, and you have a BT up for every FH you cast, then there is no discussion to be had. Go forth and spirit it up.