Quick advice icc10 hc!

I love holy, but I'm also competent at disc. I don't mind too much which I play but since I think I'll have to run with shadow offspec, which would people recommend for starting ICC10 hc? Holy or Disc?

Raid soon, so just wondering if people have any quick advice :P

Re: Quick advice icc10 hc!

Obviously depends on your other healers...

BUT I would go disco, the extra 7-9k 'effective health' on the entire raid is very nice for random rng spell combos (Spiked and bonestormed, death and decay/frostbolt volley), if you keep shields on everyone.
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

Both are viable depending on who your other healer(s) are. Myself, I usually do 25 mans but in my limited times doing 10 ICC I've run it well as Holy all the way through Putricide. (usually the other healer is a paly.) My advise, run in whichever spec you feel most comfortable doing.

^^^

What those above me said. I have to run Disc and Holy. I prefer disc, but there are fights that basically require you to be holy. Dreamwalker is worthless being disc. Same with Blood Queen.

These fights are further into the insance, but if you can only choose one it makes sense to just be holy. Especially if you already have a Holy pally or resto shaman.

Quick! Heal!
    Has opinions about stuff.
    Character - Danrar (Forever Holy Priest)

Quote Originally Posted by Murkuri
    ^^^

What those above me said. I have to run Disc and Holy. I prefer disc, but there are fights that basically require you to be holy. Dreamwalker is worthless being disc. Same with Blood Queen.

These fights are further into the insance, but if you can only choose one it makes sense to just be holy. Especially if you already have a Holy pally or resto shaman.
    Wrong, especially in 10 man, if you are disco you heal the tanks and raid instead of dreamwalker and you spam bubbles and hasted POH on blood queen. There are no fights that have a holy requirement.
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

Quote Originally Posted by talrob
    There are no fights that have a holy requirement.
    Perhaps our raid was inferior, but we found heroic Valithria extremely difficult without Guardian spirit. With it, it was very simple.

Beyond that, so far in 10/12 heroic ICC10, I would absolutely agree that Disc is very very solid, but having a resto druid is a tremendous complement to a Disc priest in 10man.

There are some fights that are better holy and some are better as disc. I found the first quarter to be easier as disc, shielding for bonestorms, random aoe in deathwhisper, gunship it doesn't matter and on deathbringer shields are just plain awesome. For Rotface, festergut, and putricide holy's hps via COH/POH and sols proved to be much more useful than shielding. Blood princes it's a toss up for blood queen at least on ten man i found holy to be very strong on raid healing. Valithria GS is just pure win. Sindragosa COH/POM/POH do so much work with so few casts the debuff means very little even in phase three. LK Disc wins with it's shielding and it's usual less mana problem than holy.

Quote Originally Posted by talrob
    Wrong, especially in 10 man, if you are disco you heal the tanks and raid instead of dreamwalker and you spam bubbles and hasted POH on blood queen. There are no fights that have a holy requirement.
    Because obviously the DPS that you make respec healing for this fight is a Pally or Shaman and has gear to heal dreamwalker faster than you as holy. The faster you get through this fight the easier it gets exponentially. Without GS you are also gimped 20% healing every other phase out of the portal. I understand disc is great, and I play disc more than holy because I like it, but it's a hard argument to make that Disc is better on dreamwalker and Blood queen. A BT-PoH is no where near as effective as CoH, SoL/FH, Renew Spam, PoH. Even with bubble spam disc can't compete on that fight.

And, you're right, there are no fights that have a "holy requirement", but there are plenty where holy is better.

Lots of disc love and holy haters on these forums. They both have there place in fights and there's no "OMGLOL my <insert spec> is the best for everything BECAUSE IT JUST IS!" Hence, I said I run both disc and holy depending on the fight.

To the OP - go whatever makes you feel most comfortable, you can manage as either spec, I just tried to point out the merits of holy in some of the fights.

Most fights you will be 3 healing with the exception of deathbringer saurfang.
    (We 2 healed it)

I'd say disc is really of more use in most fights, but blood queen and sindragosa, and Valithira Dreamwalker you're definitely wanting to go holy.

Quote Originally Posted by Revitalize
    Most fights you will be 3 healing with the exception of deathbringer saurfang.
    (We 2 healed it)

I'd say disc is really of more use in most fights, but blood queen and sindragosa, and Valithira Dreamwalker you're definitely wanting to go holy.
    My group 2 heals a majority of the fights. The fights we 3 heal are Princes, Blood Queen, Dreamwalker, Sindragosa, and Lich King.

My group 2 heals a majority of the fights. The fights we 3 heal are Princes, Blood Queen, Dreamwalker, Sindragosa, and Lich King.
    On heroic...?

thanks for the responses so far. I ended up going as shadow/disc and didn't have an opportunity to go shadow because the other healers didnt have the mana to 2 heal saurfang....

So tonight i'll be rolling as holy/disc and I'm gonna be holy for saurfang while one of our other healers goes dps. The shields are confirmed to not prevent blood power gain right? If that's the case i dont see any reason to stay disc (for saurfang).

I need to recheck it, but I'm pretty sure it's that PW:S prevents blood power but Divine Aegis doesn't.

That said, you get stronger PW:S with less Weakened Soul as disc.

Depends on how much of an issue Saurfang is. But it definitely makes a difference.... we did it once with 3 healers (me on permanent raid shield duty) with only moderate DPS and we killed him without him ever casting Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelthala
    I need to recheck it, but I'm pretty sure it's that PW:S prevents blood power but Divine Aegis doesn't.

That said, you get stronger PW:S with less Weakened Soul as disc.

Depends on how much of an issue Saurfang is. But it definitely makes a difference.... we did it once with 3 healers (me on permanent raid shield duty) with only moderate DPS and we killed him without him ever casting Mark.
    PW:S used to prevent Blood Power, but does not anymore.

Because obviously the DPS that you make respec healing for this fight is
    ...I AM the dps you make respec healing for the this fight...I am either shadow/disco or shadow/holy and i find disco to be much more beneficial overall if you aren't hs/summoning.

[Choose the spec that best complements your other healers' strengths. Ideally you'd have disc and holy as your dual specs to allow you to choose the best spec for each fight, as none of the heroic fights are forgiving enough to be easily 2-healed affording you the opportunity to go shadow.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic