Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[ELE] Serious rotation issues, please help me! (haste issue?)

So I know people usually hate to see these posts but I'm at a loss here. My issue is Im pretty sure Im low on haste, but the problem is that the elemental FAQ from what I can see anyways, fails to actuallly specify a number I should be aiming for for haste. For starts, here is my shammy so you can break me down. For the record I just got into a raiding guild so the gear is pretty much all badge/heroic/crafted gear other than 2 pieces at the moment. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&cn=Brayuriel

Real quick to point out a couple things I know are wrong or should be changed and yes I am working on: I am over hit cap, its just happening I cant really avoid it =/ I have 2 mp5 pieces (ring and weapon), I am attempting to aquire better but I just grabbed the badge ring for spell power and cant afford a hilt yet. A spirit ring, again its just the badge ring for higher spellpower, and a couple non-epic gems, mainly due to that I know I can get better just drops aren't treating me well, and crap trinkets, again droprates are not on my side. Aside from those, feel free to point out any mistakes please!

So now to my issue. From everything that I have read our main rotation is FS, LvB, CL, LB, LB, LB, LB, CL, LvB, etc etc but I can barely crank out 2 LBs before CL is off CD again. so my rotation starts as FS, LvB, CL, LB, LB, CL, LB, LvB, then it turns into some FCFS crap and not really a rotation anymore. I can barely turn 3.5k in most heroics, and its really frustrating because I feel I can do better.

Is there a number I should be aiming for haste that someone could tell me? or is there a different issue that I am not aware of?
    Any help would be amazing.. thanks in advance.
    Your face when the Scoundrel is Gallagher.

Re: [ELE] Serious rotation issues, please help me! (haste issue?)

There is no specific amount of haste that you want. The more haste you can get, the better.

Rotations don't exist anymore. Your priority versus single target, at your level of gear, is LvB > CL > LB. Period.

Your DPS is low because your gear and your gems and enchants are bad.

Think you got the "rotation" wrong.
    we have 3 base rotations.
    1) Using Cl every time it's off cd (good on high movement figths and if you have loads of mana)
    2) Using CL after LvB
    3) no CL at all (1240+ haste)

You dont have a set rotation as elemental as your main priorities are to keep FS up (w/o clipping any tics), Casting LvB every time it's off cd (and you aint casting another spell). Inbetween your LvB casts and FS reaplications you're bound to cast LB and CL, however it's up to you which you cast and when you choose to cast it.
    I would recomend that you figure out how many LBs you can get off inbetween every LvB, and then see if you can fit a CL in there (preferably just after casting LvB) giving you something like:
    FS -> LvB -> CL -> (lb x 4/5) -> LvB
    And so on, go play with a dummy and see how it goes

Actually considering gear and all, doing 3.5k overall dps in a heroic isn't all that bad. I play my resto shaman as ele sometimes, and im icc10/25 geared, but for ele i swap out some items for hit and less mp5. So im defo not optimal geared for ele, but i do about 4kish on average in heroics. But apart from 1 trinket from ulduar, all my items are 245+. So considering your gear, i think 3.5k is decent.

Thing is, u really wanna check out how much u do on bosses. Then we can give a better estimate on how you are performing. But for a heroic, you're done fine tbh.

TOC5 Reg and you can get the trinket (Abyssal Rune). Other than that, be smart about which items you spend Emblems on, get as much haste as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodenkrieg
    I can barely turn 3.5k in most heroics, and its really frustrating because I feel I can do better.
    One thing I have noticed on my elemental sham, is that in heroics i do immensely less dps then in a raid setting/boss fight. For one thing. trash dies really really quick if you over gear the place deflating your DPS if you aren't bursty. 3.5k is a good number in heroics. More importantly what are your numbers in boss fights/raid instances...ie) ICC 10/25, ToGC 10/25

As you mentioned, you're way over the hit cap, which for a Draenei is 263 (w/ Balance Druid's Improved Faerie Fire or a Shadow Priest's Misery), 342 without either of those two buffs. That should be addressed asap.

Missed it earlier, but you also have low level jewelcrafting. That's 3 Dragonseye gems that you could be using.

your gear and your gems and enchants are bad
    Was looking for help improving my character, not a troll to go immediately reply "LOLUBAD" without looking at anything and run away giggling.

TOC5 Reg and you can get the trinket (Abyssal Rune)
    yup, working on that, just having terrible issues with luck of the drops lol

As you mentioned, you're way over the hit cap, which for a Draenei is 263 (w/ Balance Druid's Improved Faerie Fire or a Shadow Priest's Misery), 342 without either of those two buffs. That should be addressed asap.

Missed it earlier, but you also have low level jewelcrafting. That's 3 Dragonseye gems that you could be using.
    Anything I can actually do about the hit other than getting better gear? at the moment I'm just getting the best I can with what I have access to (im not really raiding yet) and its just piling up purely from gear.... And I am in the process of leveling up that JC right now.

Thanks everyone other than Bergg for the help so far, keep it coming if you have anything to add

10+ Year Old Account

Just make sure you adhere to the priority system and not a rotation system. It helps to download an addon like power auras that can track the CDs of things like LvB, CL, and Flame shock duration so you know when one is about to come off of CD.

Gearwise, I think you have the wrong boot enchant?

i do have to say one thing about shamans who use cloth.l2p your class,iam sorry m8 but have you ever seen a ele shaman with mp5 gear enchants? you look like a mage.Your A SHAMAN dude! get the t9 set 4 parts.it will help your dps better then that crap!you also want spell+crit gems as shamans need alot of crit.it should go ( hit-crit-haste-sp )

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by eleméó
    i do have to say one thing about shamans who use cloth.l2p your class,iam sorry m8 but have you ever seen a ele shaman with mp5 gear enchants? you look like a mage.Your A SHAMAN dude! get the t9 set 4 parts.it will help your dps better then that crap!you also want spell+crit gems as shamans need alot of crit.it should go ( hit-crit-haste-sp )
    Cloth =/= mp5 enchants, many cloth pieces are better than mail for us. actually, reading your post a second time convinced me you're trolling, I'm pretty sure anyone spouting L2play your class isn't going to later say that crit>haste for elemental shamans and still be serious.

Actuailly you're quite wrong here "eleméó" -.-"

It's Hit (till cap) > SP = Haste (till 1250ish) > crit
    Shamans should gem Pure SP, with 2 x 15 stam 10 sp for meta gem and 13 sp 10 haste as yellow gems

seriously STFU man, nothing productive about this reply, GTFO.

Yea he's wearing alot of cloth and looks like a mage but some stuff is actually better u nabcake.

---

Best thing to do about the Abysal Rune mate is just queue up for ToC5 normal and just leave after you kill the boss that it drops from, do that untill u get it. thats how I got mine but also you better be lucky and the only one who needs the trinket
    GL

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...uncil&cn=Whack Here's a link to my shammy,
    I too am over the hit cap and my enchants are also not best in slot. But i'm saving my money up for 251/264 gear to enchant it with the best.
    The one thing i noticed is we are very close stat wise, I have roughly 5% crit more crit then you but the other stats are pretty close to being the same. I just can't understand how you're doing 3.5k dps, although heroics aren't a very good place to test dps, if you're with other good players every pull is really short and you never have a chance to pull off a good rotation. See how much dps you do on a tank and spank boss, like loken in halls of lightning. Like an above poster said there's several ways to treat chain lightning. 1) Cast it every time it's on cooldown, which is quite mana intensive. 2) Cast Chain Lightning after every lavaburst, which guarantees chain lightning to have a clearcasting proc, 3) Only cast Chain Lightning when there's more then 1 mob. Also this is another thing I tell everyone asking for dps advice. Learn to ride that global cooldown. Get a casting addon like Quartz and keep that global cooldown busy. Every fraction of a second between casts is a dps loss. Remember Shammies have a dot, so if you're not casting a spell your dps is going down because of the dot ticks without any other incoming dmg. Sometimes you have to look at total dmg done for movement fights because of this. For example Lord Marrowgar, I tend to be closer to the top of total dmg done, but my dps is about 500 less then everyone around me on the meters.

Oh and I wanted to add, take 2 points out of Convection, and add them to improved Fire Nova. Use Magma totem for any pack larger then 2 mobs and keep fire nova on cooldown. I easily do 8k dps in heroic pulls with magma + fire nova.

To feed the obvious troll, I have 2 piece teir 9 and 4 piece sucks imo, if you can find me a piece mail badge gear itemized better than the caster cloth pieces, then I'll think about wearing all mail. It all has mp5.

As far as the boots go, helping out an enchanter friend, it was a freebie hehe.

to M4d2m0A, I spec'd for convection when I just hit 80 to conserve some mana. I'll definately respec now, I have a hell of a lot better mana pool so all should go well. thanks!

Was looking for help improving my character, not a troll to go immediately reply "LOLUBAD" without looking at anything and run away giggling.

Thanks everyone other than Bergg for the help so far, keep it coming if you have anything to add
    You are aware who bergg is and that he seriosuly knows what hes telling you and not a troll right? :
    Maybe if you listened to his advice you might learn something rather than act like a jerk to someone giving you the correct advice(as your asking for advice that is)

Just because some1 tells you your not doing it right doesnt make them bad or instantly dissmissable

Sometimes you just have to stop healing some people to prove a point, if they don't listen, it's really their own fault :P

To feed the obvious troll, I have 2 piece teir 9 and 4 piece sucks imo, if you can find me a piece mail badge gear itemized better than the caster cloth pieces, then I'll think about wearing all mail. It all has mp5.
    EoF mail belt is better itemized than the cloth belts.

to OP: at 1k haste UB I don't get higher dps by using CL in my rotation, neither on CD or 1 after LvB gives me higher dps, doesn't smoothen my rotation out either. might be a dps gain to be found in movement heavy fights, but the challenge there is to move as little as possible right? Just saying from personal experience that I've yet to find a situation where CL was the better button to push. multiple targets not counted.

Anything I can actually do about the hit other than getting better gear? at the moment I'm just getting the best I can with what I have access to (im not really raiding yet) and its just piling up purely from gear.... And I am in the process of leveling up that JC right now.

allow me to present an analogous conversation for you. The car is your char. The speed is your dps.

You: "I'm driving a pinto. I can go 60mph, but I want to go 120mpg. Other than the fact that I'm driving a pinto, why can't I go faster?"
    Him: "Well, shifting (rotation) is important, and there's no set amount of acceleration you want. Mostly though, you're driving a friggin pinto."
    You: "Screw you, how dare you point out the actual issue that's holding me back!"

Chill out man.

I didn't read all the replies, but are you spammming the buttons? Or do you wait until LvB has been cast before you press next spell? If you do, you're losing significant dps.
    As soon you start casting LvB, you should already be spamming CL, and as soon, you start casting CL, you should be spamming LB and so on.

That's usually what causes low dps for all classes, from what I've experienced.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by neehla
    I didn't read all the replies, but are you spammming the buttons? Or do you wait until LvB has been cast before you press next spell? If you do, you're losing significant dps.
    As soon you start casting LvB, you should already be spamming CL, and as soon, you start casting CL, you should be spamming LB and so on.

That's usually what causes low dps for all classes, from what I've experienced.
    Binding spells like Lightning Bolt to a mouse key and 1-5 can also significantly help DPS. Try using FasterPing to boost your ping a little as well, faster server/client response means better DPS.