Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What's the furthest anyone's gotten on hard mode Lich King?

Just wondering how close we are to seeing a world first and just how hard this guy is. What's the furthest phase the top guilds have gotten to on him?

Re: What's the furthest anyone's gotten on hard mode Lich King?

I don't think we will know before he's actually dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Nah, don't think any of the top end guys will reveal it, as other top end guilds will know if they have an advantage or something then

I doubt any of the top guilds would tell us how far they have gotten. Each guild is competing for a world first heroic kill so they surely don't want their rivals to have info on progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Sphincter
    I doubt any of the top guilds would tell us how far they have gotten. Each guild is competing for a world first heroic kill so they surely don't want their rivals to have info on progress.
    this makes no sense. If one guild simply says "we've got him down to about 40%" How is that IN ANY WAY helping out the competition?

They arent saying
    "Valks do this differently on HM and therefore should be dealt with like this, also, 40%"

So this logic is both flawed and im sick of seeing it. Telling us how far they have gotten will in no way affect the others progress.

Quote Originally Posted by moveth
    this makes no sense. If one guild simply says "we've got him down to about 40%" How is that IN ANY WAY helping out the competition?

They arent saying
    "Valks do this differently on HM and therefore should be dealt with like this, also, 40%"

So this logic is both flawed and im sick of seeing it. Telling us how far they have gotten will in no way affect the others progress.
    Perhaps the other top guilds would be frightened and level up more alts?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

They arent saying

It's not the strategy changes it's simply, "Hey, our best attempt was better than their best attempt". It's a confidence booster really, I don't see how that doesn't make sense.

They arent saying

It actually tells you quite a bit. If other guilds aren't able to get to a certain percent using their tactics and another guild is then they'd start looking into other possible tactics that said guild is benefiting from and is why they have him further down. They'd look at raid composition and other things just to find out what tactics a further progressed guild is using to see if they can take advantage of it themselves. So yes there is a reason these guilds won't announce anything until he's down because any information you give out, no matter how mundane it may seem to laymans, could be of use to other guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda
    Perhaps the other top guilds would be frightened and level up more alts?
    Haha, made me smile
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aegwynn&cn=Zerate

23% at enrage.

Any bets on if the world first kill will utilize the new 5% buff or not?
    Constructs in *my* raid?

It's more likely than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by ILjXYZ
    Highly probable. However, it probably will not be one of the top 2-3 guilds using it, as they'll probably keep to their attempts without it for the pride factor.

Of course they will just to claim world first. Than someone else will do it without the buff and claim 'real' world first because they didn't use it.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by ILjXYZ
    I certainly hope not, but it's possible sadly.
    <;~~~~{] -____- )|:-~=(}

Highly probable. However, it probably will not be one of the top 2-3 guilds using it, as they'll probably keep to their attempts without it for the pride factor.
    Of course they will just to claim world first. Than someone else will do it without the buff and claim 'real' world first because they didn't use it.
    That was along the lines of what I was thinking, too. I'm sure much drama will ensue regarding a buffed kill and an unbuffed kill. Of course, if what the poster above said about 23% at enrage is true, I wonder if we'll even see a buffed kill until the buff gets to 10 or 15%. Sure as Hell won't involve me or my guild, but it'll be fun to see what happens!
    Constructs in *my* raid?

Well, if 23 is true that's only 13 to go. With upgrades clearing to him this week plus the buff that will be close to a kill. I'd be surprised if we don't see a kill this week. 5% mire damage and 15 more attempts.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    This.

Bets on one of the 2 guilds in that situation being Ensidia?
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

I wouldn't mind if we need the support of our faction leaders to beat the lich king (and I mean in his true form i.e. heroic)
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    I wouldn't mind if we need the support of our faction leaders to beat the lich king (and I mean in his true form i.e. heroic)
    Yeah, it sort-of seems appropriate that the strength of individuals alone can't defeat The Lich King.
    Constructs in *my* raid?

You're sick of seeing it?

They're in no way obliged to tell you anything, and it's hilarious that this makes you angry.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.