Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Two-Healing ICC10 as Holy

What kind of problems will I run into if I go Holy and two-heal? From what I hear, mana may be an issue, as well as keeping a tank alive.

Will I be able to keep the tank alive as required without shooting myself in the foot for mana? Again, I keep reading posts that Holy Tank Healing is garbage, but I'd like to know why

What would be the worst 2nd healer to run with?

I know there are a lot of threads that say "Do this" or "Dont do this", but none of them say why, and that's what I'm looking for. Why = better comprehension of the problem/solutions.

R.I.P. YARG

Re: Two-Healing ICC10 as Holy

THe worst second healer would be another pally in y opinion, cant really answer anything else.

Saronite Bomb: Use: Inflicts 1150 to 1500 Fire damage to targets in a 10 yard radius. This explosive is powerful enough to cause moderate siege damage. (1 Min Cooldown) If used against the Lich King, can cause ban. (72h cooldown)

You should be able to heal it with a Shaman or a Druid companion pretty nicely, but just know that once you get to Sindragosa, you're going to have to go 3-healing. Sindragosa isn't possible to 2-heal unless you have amazing luck. Even if the two of you are the most geared, most skilled players there are, Sindragosa will require 3-healing.
    What are the three things a wise man fears?

The deep of the sea, a moonless night, and the wrath of a patient man.

if you have cleared stuff and have it on farm then trying 2 heals is one thing.

Doing progression as 2 healing is living close to the edge.

Some fights can be 2 healed but the ones that do require 3 normally are hard when trying new progression.

If your hitting an enrage timer its ur dps. Almost ever encounter is designed for 5 dps/3healer/2tank.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Poonboy
    The worst second healer would be another pally in my opinion, cant really answer anything else.
    In the event that the location of this post isn't clear, I'm talking about a Holy Priest. I can see how the misunderstanding occurred - I will amend my post.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by Taedran
    You should be able to heal it with a Shaman or a Druid companion pretty nicely, but just know that once you get to Sindragosa, you're going to have to go 3-healing. Sindragosa isn't possible to 2-heal unless you have amazing luck. Even if the two of you are the most geared, most skilled players there are, Sindragosa will require 3-healing.
    Sindragosa is quite easy to two heal actually. Even if the only two mana users are healers, you won't get both of them with unchained magic at the same time. They way it works, it only allows 1 healer to get it at a time, and if the only other person is a healer, you only get 1 unchained magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Taedran
    I don't know how this would apply to guilds that are strict 10 (mine does 25s as well), but it is possible to heal everything (even LK) on normal with two healers. We use a holy paladin and a druid, and while sindragosa and the end of the LK fight get a little hairy, we've done both more than once now with 2. Heroic is another story, and requires three for a few of the fights without question.

As a holy priest, I would think a holy pally woudl be a good partner, and resto druids seem to be good for just about anything these days as well.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by AttaBoyTroy
    I don't know how this would apply to guilds that are strict 10 (mine does 25s as well), but it is possible to heal everything (even LK) on normal with two healers. We use a holy paladin and a druid, and while sindragosa and the end of the LK fight get a little hairy, we've done both more than once now with 2. Heroic is another story, and requires three for a few of the fights without question.

As a holy priest, I would think a holy pally woudl be a good partner, and resto druids seem to be good for just about anything these days as well.
    So the druid would be rolling hots on the tanks with me chiming in as required? Or is it more of a 50/50 thing?

R.I.P. YARG

Druid followed by shaman.
    Druid contributes general tank HoTing with ocassional Swiftmend if needed, not to mention Innervate + BR.
    Shaman contributes with ES and Riptide/LHW as well as ocassional CH on melee.

As someone mentioned above it generally depends on whether it is a progression raiding or farm content.
    Assuming it is progression raiding, I'd say it depends on what kind of encounter you are facing. From my experience you won't be able to 2heal fights like Fester, Sind and obviously LK, unless you considerably outgear and / or you are an exceptional player.

If it's a farm content - you can heal it with anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    So the druid would be rolling hots on the tanks with me chiming in as required? Or is it more of a 50/50 thing?
    In our case (since we have a holy pally) the druid focuses on aoe healing while the pally watches the tank(s), if it was you and a druid, I imagine you'd have to watch the tank a little closer while the druid did most of the raid healing and kept up hots on the tank if possible. If you're gonna run with two healers make sure your dps aren't doing anything foolish, as it'll make life hell for you pretty quick.

hi
    I play a holy priest. Two man healed icc10 untill 11/12 with a resto shaman, wasnt much of a problem, then it went terribly wrong on LK

15+ Year Old Account

It's my alt in an average of 240 iLVL gear, mostly doing the first 6 bosses. When I team up with a guild main healing in full 264 (usually druid), we pull it off no problem (carried lol). When I go with another healer of my gear level, I can keep up but randomly someone will die, no specific fight. I just run out of time/gcd's and have to decide between two people.

I thought that since I was Disc and generally limited by gcd's (even maximizing use out of Borrowed Time) I might be able to solve this problem by trying out Holy. I'm getting the feeling that I'm correct.

And this second healer is random - I can't be guaranteed week to week that they are a decent healer, so it appears that Holy will make up for their inadequacies more than Disc will.

R.I.P. YARG

all depends how smart you dps is

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lucablight
    all depends how smart you dps is
    1 Tank and 3 DPS are geniuses. The second tank is sometimes a PUG ("average" gear) and the other 2 dps are horrid.

R.I.P. YARG

It's my alt in an average of 240 iLVL gear, mostly doing the first 6 bosses. When I team up with a guild main healing in full 264 (usually druid), we pull it off no problem (carried lol). When I go with another healer of my gear level, I can keep up but randomly someone will die, no specific fight. I just run out of time/gcd's and have to decide between two people.

I thought that since I was Disc and generally limited by gcd's (even maximizing use out of Borrowed Time) I might be able to solve this problem by trying out Holy. I'm getting the feeling that I'm correct.

And this second healer is random - I can't be guaranteed week to week that they are a decent healer, so it appears that Holy will make up for their inadequacies more than Disc will.

First 4 are easily healable with any 2 healers.
    Fester however can be tricky, and will require a skilled aoe healer. Inhale is where your healing is going through a gear and awareness check.
    On and since you mentioned it, if dps are being dumb - you can't really help it, even if you lay 100 heals on it - they will die, regardless.
    So yeah, raid healer if possible.

15+ Year Old Account

Alright, since I'll be mostly raid healing, are there any suggestions on keeping a tank alive if the 2nd healer is indisposed (bone spike, kiting fire on Lanathel)? I can't find information this, other than "Don't do it! It's crap and you'll go OOM!"

Links are acceptable too, I can read!

R.I.P. YARG

hm, sorry but I haven't played priest since TBC and when I did it was shadow for me.

about healing assignments..

Raid healer Druid, Shaman, Priest, Paladin

Tank healer Paladin, Shaman, Priest, Druid

Priests, both holy and disc are underpar to other healing classes atm, thanks to Blizzard. But I'd say you are best of staying on tank heals. my 2c

What kind of problems will I run into if I go Holy and two-heal? From what I hear, mana may be an issue, as well as keeping a tank alive.

Will I be able to keep the tank alive as required without shooting myself in the foot for mana? Again, I keep reading posts that Holy Tank Healing is garbage, but I'd like to know why

What would be the worst 2nd healer to run with?

I know there are a lot of threads that say "Do this" or "Dont do this", but none of them say why, and that's what I'm looking for. Why = better comprehension of the problem/solutions.
    The first four bosses are faceroll. If you team up with a holy paladin, your paladin buddy can heal almost the entirety of the first four fights alone. Your job will be to throw ProM around and CoH once in a while. And smite on the boss as needed. The hardest part will be on trash pulls to be honest; but liberal use of Prayer of Healing will redeem that. On Deathbringer, you should probably respecc shadow; your paladin buddy can probably heal it alone. As far as the first four bosses go, you aren't going to see many dangerous situations as long as your paladin knows how to heal. Substitute the paladin for a druid or shaman and you might have to work a bit harder; but it's still very much faceroll. Allow yourself to be carried, it doesn't really matter. The only limiting factor will be your DPSers at this point.

The hard part comes after Deathbringer.

Valthira is possible with two healers, but I would very much recommend running with 3. Again, it's a DPS issue; your dpsers need to be able to pull high numbers to avoid adds amassing towards the end. The higher it is, the longer you can last. As a holypriest, you will stay outside the portals and heal, including throwing a LOT of heals on the boss. While your healing buddy (who has actual throughput) will jump into the portals and gather buffs. Your healing buddy need to stack a LOT of buffs to pull it off, and preferrably he is a paladin. Either way, you will not take any portal, and regen will be low. And that will mean your manabar will be VERY taxed. Get some innervates. Use your cooldowns. Bring manapots. You will finish the fight at close to zero mana, but it's possible. But really. Bring 3 healers. For your own sanity.

Sindragosa is NOT possible with 2 healers. If your healing buddy gets the iceblock in the last phase, it is a wipe instantly. If you get the iceblock, it's a wipe within 10 seconds. A holypriest alone on sindragosa has just as much impact on the fight as a bandage rogue. It's just not doable. So be smart. Bring 3 healers for this fight.

The blood princes is hard with two healers, especially if one of them is a holypriest. The boss with the orb will hit VERY hard, and although a paladin can counter most damage here, he can only counter it on two out of three boss tanks. The holypriest will be good at moping up random aoe vortex damage, but kind of underequipped to bring the tank to full HP alone. I would absolutely recommend bringing 3 healers to this fight.

The blood queen will be almost impossible with two healers. It's basically a HPS issue. You need a healer with solid single target throughput to keep the MT alive. And you need a healer to soak up spot damage (dark fire, fatal attraction). And you need a healer to counter the heavy damage aura. A paladin can theoretically cover the first two bases. But you will have a very hard time countering the damage aura alone. I don't think it is possible unless blizzard removes the CoH cooldown. And that's not going to happen

Festergut is very doable with 2 healers. Probably even easier with 2 healers. I would recommend bringing a paladin to back you up. But ultimately, you are relying on that noone will fsck up. Though not even 3 healers will save those who do

Rotface will be damned hectic with two healers. Dispelling, sick MT damage. explosions, sick OT damage, and kiting adds on top of it. If both your healers get into a situation where they have to move, you will lose people. And that's no good. If you want to remember the stress of mimiron firefighter healing, try this. It's way heavier. But I think it's theoreticlaly possible. Stil. I would recommend against it heavily.

Putricide totally depends on your raiders. A paladin and a holypriest can easily counter almost all the damage going on as long as noone is hit by malleable goo, and noone runs into the explosive flasks, and all oozes are killed swiftly. But chances are, your raid will fail. And then people die. Also, phase 3 will be hard with only 2 healers. Ideally, you bring an elemental shaman or a shadowpriest helping you out at the end. But for the first two phases it should be very possible.

As for the lich king... I have not finished this one myself, but seeing from videos and tactics I highly doubt it is possible. 3 healers have a lot to do in this fight.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

My gear is 10m-only, although mostly 264 from emblem & craft gear. Most of my raid group also only do 10m, except the prot pal, so no 25m stuff here either. That said, we 2-healed most of normal ICC-10 except Festergut, dreamwalker with 2 disc priest. Its really hard, esp. on progression fights like professor. The another healer tried holy once, but switched back to disc immediately because of mana issue. Cant comment on bloodqueen & sindragosa since we didnt try them yet (Lunar newyear holiday FTW!).

From my own experience, you can go holy if your partner is holy pal, or resto sham since they can keep both the tank and raid alive long enough if you get CC-ed for whatever reason. Resto druid/holy pri doesnt work so well, dunno if its the combo or our druid's skill. Also, the HPS required in fact depends heavily on your fellow dps and tank; if they aitn tard, they can minimize or even completely null much raid damage (Rotface slime, vomit, poopoo explosion, putricide googoo, pouncing balls, etc.), thus lessen the burden on healers' shoulder.

I've had no issues 2 healing sindragosa. Personally, I hate healing with a paladin, and prefer a druid or shaman, were I to 2 heal. They make better "Healing partners" than a paladin does. Imo anyway. =p

Predicting damage - the right way.