10+ Year Old Account

Re: Choice of Weapon

You currently have too much hit rating, so I believe that RBoC is a better option with your current gear.

You also have too much expertise, lol. Hmm, I'd still go for the RBoC as Expertise can give you a slight benefit after cap while hit really can't. Tough options with your current gear.

Deleted

Id say Citadel Enforcer's Claymore, amorpen is NOTHING for paladins and its like the worst stat by far, you are over exp cap and the hit dosent really hurt.

10+ Year Old Account

RBoC also has an extra slot and can net more STR out of that weapon than CEC. Since both weapons have unideal stats for you, I'd still go for the RBoC. ArmPen is garbage, but it's not 0.0 dps, while over hit cap is. over Exp cap is very low dps, too.

If you have a 3rd weapon from ToC or even Quel'Delar, and don't care about GearScore, then use those until your current gear allows you to use those weapons.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by lillendal
    RBoC also has an extra slot and can net more STR out of that weapon than CEC. Since both weapons have unideal stats for you, I'd still go for the RBoC. ArmPen is garbage, but it's not 0.0 dps, while over hit cap is. over Exp cap is very low dps, too.

If you have a 3rd weapon from ToC or even Quel'Delar, and don't care about GearScore, then use those until your current gear allows you to use those weapons.
    Assuming you're not DPSing from the front, being over 26 expertise is a zero DPS gain. I'm pretty sure Exorcism uses spell hit, rather than melee hit, so it can still miss if you have close to the melee hit cap (263), so hit is potentially better, and certainly no worse, in comparison to expertise after their respective caps.

That said, Rawr puts Ramaladni's at a gain of 20 DPS over the Citadel Enforcer's Claymore, no doubt due entirely to it being the slower weapon.

As a side note, switching your expertise trinket to the Emblem of Heroism bought Mirror of Truth is a projected gain of just over 200 DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardolan
    Assuming you're not DPSing from the front, being over 26 expertise is a zero DPS gain. I'm pretty sure Exorcism uses spell hit, rather than melee hit, so it can still miss if you have close to the melee hit cap (263), so hit is potentially better, and certainly no worse, in comparison to expertise after their respective caps.

That said, Rawr puts Ramaladni's at a gain of 20 DPS over the Citadel Enforcer's Claymore, no doubt due entirely to it being the slower weapon.

As a side note, switching your expertise trinket to the Emblem of Heroism bought Mirror of Truth is a projected gain of just over 200 DPS.
    I figured that.... I bought it just now

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by kruxii
    Id say Citadel Enforcer's Claymore, amorpen is NOTHING for paladins and its like the worst stat by far, you are over exp cap and the hit dosent really hurt.
    I saw a signature that said something to the effect of...

Arp is like that girl who slept with the entire football team but Enhance and Ret didn't.. because they played baseball.
    FFVI > FFVII

Quote Originally Posted by Entaaro View Post
    I think you underestimate the capacity of your brain to process information quickly - but maybe with good reason.