Page 1 of 2
LastLast

My idea to replace Lightwell

Holy Spirit Bomb - Summons a Holy Spirit Bomb which can be filled with holy light (heals) up to <amount here>. The Holy Spirit Bomb has 30,000 health and will detonate upon being destroyed, healing all members in the party/raid for <amount here>. 2 minute cooldown.

Basically the idea is after Holy Spirit Bomb is cast, healers have to fill it up using heals, then dps in the raid can detonate it to heal the raid at an opportune moment or when needed. Not a full heal all around, but something large enough to make it a useful part of raiding.

Re: My idea to replace Lightwell

It seems a little.. Fiddly. Plus, Blizzard didn't want to make it into an entirely different ability, which is what you've done, even going as far as changing the name.

I like Lightwell the way it is ;_;

I can see stupid dps messing with it, but I like the idea. A big warlock healthstone with area effect. Would be perfectly suitable for those situations where AoE is hitting the raid and not everyone is high on priority list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbt
    Really, the people doing 1.5k dps in a heroic instance are meant for that instance. You should be applauding that they are taking the time to farm emblems for better gear instead of sneaking their way into your ICC 10 man pugs.

Definately an interesting concept, but not very practical. I mean, say 3 DPS are at 5% hp, and the bomb is at 50% hp. I think those DPS are gonna die before that bomb goes off. Also, DPS needs to switch from Boss to Bomb to detonate it, an overall DPS loss for them.
    6/10

Quote Originally Posted by MrPistachio View Post
    Bornakk lifts the cup of coffee up to his mouth...
    ...when the Scythe of Elune comes crashing through it.
    ???: I can't you let you brew that, Starbucks!

It should be something simple, useful, and not under or overpowered. Maybe something like, " Creates a Holy Lightwell. Up to 5 members or your raid or party within 8yds of the Lightwell are healed for up to 5% of all healing you do."

Quote Originally Posted by Thyce
    Definately an interesting concept, but not very practical. I mean, say 3 DPS are at 5% hp, and the bomb is at 50% hp. I think those DPS are gonna die before that bomb goes off. Also, DPS needs to switch from Boss to Bomb to detonate it, an overall DPS loss for them.
    6/10
    That is a pretty specific scenario in which you're probably right, the "Holy Spirit Bomb" wouldn't be very appropriate, but I could give you 5-10 boss fights from WotLK raids atm in which there is a persistent raid wide AoE damage that "Holy Spirit Bomb" would be very effective.

Quote Originally Posted by wisemouth
    That is a pretty specific scenario in which you're probably right, the "Holy Spirit Bomb" wouldn't be very appropriate, but I could give you 5-10 boss fights from WotLK raid atm in which there is a persistent raid wide AoE damage that "Holy Spirit Bomb" would be very effective.
    I think the kill-the-bomb idea is just a bad idea. I think the bomb should be detonated by the healer by using the ability a second time. A burst AoE heal prepared in advance, really.

The only way to make Light Well better is to make it like a totem.

I think a good way to fix it would be to make it like a 'rechargeable' totem.
    Imagine the Lightwell from ToTC's mobs - now imagine if that worked on a 'pool' of heals where you had to cast a heal spell on the well for it to continue to dish out heals to random players - you have to 'refuel' the well. I think that would be fun and interesting.

i think lightwell should be just like ToC's. A fountain that pours out superficial healing. It shouldnt be a replacement for a healer, it should be an assistant. Stick it in melee or soemthing and it spouts out <X> heal every <Y> seconds to the surrounding raid members. Sorta like fountain of light off the trauma proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost
    I think the kill-the-bomb idea is just a bad idea. I think the bomb should be detonated by the healer by using the ability a second time. A burst AoE heal prepared in advance, really.
    I think that's much better

Quote Originally Posted by MrPistachio View Post
    Bornakk lifts the cup of coffee up to his mouth...
    ...when the Scythe of Elune comes crashing through it.
    ???: I can't you let you brew that, Starbucks!

Why dont they just change it so it puts a hot on the raid member with the lowest hp with a 2 sec cd?
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nas&n=Ishixaph Elemental Shaman PEW PEW LAZER DPS!

i actually think that the idea above was smart, make lightwell like a sort of beacon of light to heal the whole raid for <x% healing done by the priest> works with lightwell, not too op as healing given is adjustable.

Thanks to Stanton Biston for the amazing sig!

Quote Originally Posted by wisemouth
    Holy Spirit Bomb -
    *tongue-in-cheek*

At least have the decency to do a proper Monthy python reference!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Ha...ade_of_Antioch
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOrgLj9lOwk
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

why don't we just change wows name to Dragon Ball Z and we're all called Goku as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichiago View Post
    I'll take a full glass and drink it entirely. Don't drink half of your drink thinking it will make something better.

This isn't DBZ.

Deleted

Somebody didn't see it coming when humans got BE Hairstyles.

This probably wouldn't work because...

1) If you have time to heal an NPC to 30K, why aren't you healing your party???
    2) It still requires DPS to target it, only this time they actually have to ATTACK

Takes the biggest problem with the existing spell and makes it worse.

The biggest reason lightwell fails now is it requires players who are normally not thinking about healing to think about healing. I like the idea of having a grand evening-out button where everyone's health in the healer's group is made the same percent to save one person. For example, your tank is dying, there is no great heal that is going to save him in time, GS is on CD, Lightwell (well filled with light) is called upon to balance out the group and save that tank, all players in that group have their current health poured into the well and divied back out at equal percentages. Granted, a tank with a lot of hps would kill any low hp char in his group with this but.... eh. Something.

I remember back when I was holy and actually bothered speccing into lightwell, I would be like.. CLICK THE LIGHTWELL. MAKE OUR JOB EASIER!

Now maybe since blizzard seems to want to retard proof well.. Everything - Maybe they should just make it autoheal somebody under a certain %. A sorta smart heal?

Predicting damage - the right way.