Sound froms speakers, Vent from Headset?

Is there a way to have music come from my speakers and vent from my headset?

Re: Sound froms speakers, Vent from Headset?

This is only possible when you use either 2 seperate soundcards or a headset or speakers which work with USB. Since USB Headsets / speakers basically got a build-in second sound card.

If you have this you can set the vent output / input to go from your soundcard that is connected to your headset and your WoW or Game sound to set it to the soundcard which has the speakers connected.

Well i am using a USB headset. So how would i got about doing this to vent? and keeping all my other pc sounds coming from my Speakers.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nenaunir
    This is only possible when you use either 2 seperate soundcards or a headset or speakers which work with USB. Since USB Headsets / speakers basically got a build-in second sound card.

If you have this you can set the vent output / input to go from your soundcard that is connected to your headset and your WoW or Game sound to set it to the soundcard which has the speakers connected.
    False. I use on-board sound. The driver for mine allows a setting to either have frontal inputs override rear inputs or be used simultaneously. From on-board sound, I have game/music coming from my speakers and vent from my headset.

So basically, we'd need to know what sound card is being used.

Well its a built in Gigabyte 7.1 intergrated.

Most onboard sound can do this. I'm not 100% sure what you're looking for so I'll put up 2 solutions (for Windows as I don't use Mac). You will need a USB headset however. It's probably not possible without 2 soundcards if you are using audio jacks.

For Vent from headset/WoW sounds from speakers:

1) On the desktop set your default playback device to your headset.

2) Enter WoW, and under the Sound menu set the playback device to "Direct Sound" or whatever it is instead of you "USB Headset"

**You can also do this in reverse and set vent to playback through the headset and WoW to be the default from the onboard sound card.

For iTunes/winamp/WMP from speakers and WoW sound+vent from headset:

1) Set desktop default to Direct Sound from your onboard card. (iTunes cannot change device from default for playback)

2) Set your USB Headset to play back Vent and/or WoW sounds.

If you don't have a USB headset I don't know what to say... I tried this for a while when I had audio jack headset and coundn't find a work-around. If you're that desperate for an easy fix, buy a new headset (who couldn't use a new one) for $30 from Logitech or w/e, or ask Cilraaz how he does it. I assume you'll need a newer onboard soundcard and it to have dual hookups front and rear.

I dont play with WoW sound on. only thing really id like comeing from my speakers in pandora.

I have XP so this is my solution.

I right click on the volume icon in the system tray and go to "Playback Devices". I choose my headset as default. I open Vent. I then go back to the volume icon and choose my speakers as default. Then I open the program I want to play music on and listen to it out of my speakers. Note, if you close Vent and open it back up again, sound is going to come out of the speakers.

15+ Year Old Account

If your on-board sound is a Realtek chip, then you can set dual usage directly from the Realtek sound management software. Then you can just set default/WoW to speakers and vent to headset.

[edit: Realtek is all I'm familiar with currently, so it's all I can comment on. Others may be similar.]

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Charon544
    I have XP so this is my solution.

I right click on the volume icon in the system tray and go to "Playback Devices". I choose my headset as default. I open Vent. I then go back to the volume icon and choose my speakers as default. Then I open the program I want to play music on and listen to it out of my speakers. Note, if you close Vent and open it back up again, sound is going to come out of the speakers.
    It shouldn't do if you manually set the output device in Ventrilo options.