Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Stat & System Changes

I agree with getting rid of Armor Pen and MP5, but fusing Spell power and Intellect to me still doesn't make sense. *Sigh* I'm going to miss old WoW when Cataclysm comes out. I felt special knowing what stats to stack

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.

Question is, which class will be overpowered as hell due to stat changes, until it gets balanced out by levelling to 85 and we get gear which is itemized with the stat changes in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves
    Looks like a lot of work for the devs modifying all existing gear in the game and for what? I can understand some changes might have to be done for a new xpac but I'd rather see they used their time making content then changing stuff like this.
    It's like changing the value of X in a formula, it's not like they're going to have to sit down and change every item manually.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

I wonder if Shadow Priests are going to fall in to the "DPS Caster" grouping or the "Balance Druid/Elemental Shaman" grouping since, traditionally, spirit has been quasi-important to them?
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

Quote Originally Posted by hammybiter
    Compensation?? Are you serious, they should have never been to able to effectively use that spell in the first place on lvl 80's..
    Are you implying anything in particular?

Quote Originally Posted by Twintop
    I wonder if Shadow Priests are going to fall in to the "DPS Caster" grouping or the "Balance Druid/Elemental Shaman" grouping since, traditionally, spirit has been quasi-important to them?
    My guess is no and will share gear with Mages & Warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster
    Question is, which class will be overpowered as hell due to stat changes, until it gets balanced out by levelling to 85 and we get gear which is itemized with the stat changes in mind.

Subtlety Rogues (HaT) that stack haste. I called it first.

The tanking changes seem interesting but it also seems there is going to be a lot more fighting over gear than there is now. I also want to know what new spells they are giving to replace the ranks of other spells, even though that seems to be a cop-out so when people forget to go train (seems obvious to me you would train every two levels or so) don't have to worry.

Here's a thought. For locks the LTap Glyph is based on 30% of your spirit. Will they rework the glyph or drop it entirely. It is a very powerful glyph hate to see it go.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Twintop
    Did you consider there was a reason Blizzard made two categories in the post and called them "dps caster" and "Balance druid/elemental shaman"? If you are a shadowpriest, you are not a balance druid. If you are a shadowpriest, you are not an elemental shaman. Conclusion: You are in the DPS CASTER group.

On the changes coming, loving every bit of it!

Scaling spells from the start
    No more weapon skill ups
    Stats/items that are useful for everybody from 1-85

New quests/areas from 1-60 supposedly, im going to have a hard time not deleting my chars and starting all over again.

There is a certain amount of fear about them not getting everything right, but I think they can pull it off, this has the best chance of recapturing that
    "exciting new world" feel that ive lost after 5 years than I originally thought.

Welcome to World Of Warcraft's New Game Enhancement.

SWTOR can't get here fast enough

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolette
    Moron. It also states somewhere the Mana regen will be much more important.
    No offense, but I don't really appreciate being called a moron for an honest question. The reason why I asked in the first place is because pallies don't really use MP5 now (or at least in a limited amount). Maybe I've been informed wrong (or read the talents wrong) but most of the pally's regen is from crits.

You were called that because your question was answered in the article. Holy pallies will use spirit and it will be more attractive to them. Read then post.

Changing armor pen to haste or crit?

I hope they add the talent changes at the same time they do the stat changes, or arms is going to be fucked senseless.

10+ Year Old Account

The best news have to be that there will no longer be any weapon skill!

I am a little worried about it beeing harder to cap for example hit etc, because I do not want to see it become so that you have to be high end raider to get maxed out.

Otherwise, very very pleasantly surprised about these changes. Cant wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Logabas
    Changing armor pen to haste or crit?

I hope they add the talent changes at the same time they do the stat changes, or arms is going to be fucked senseless.
    Well don't forget that with Mastery you'll be getting Armor Pen for just speccing as arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Zepheia

I guess my biggest question is: what about Holy Pallies? They don't use spirit now, so will they be using it in Cata? or will it be like it is now?
    L2 read. they said all healers will want spirit. they have this really well thought out, they are doing an amazing job polishing this game off. just wait and play the game with these changes before bitching. yeah numbers and things will be different, but its still gonna be WoW, and have the content you like to play. so lets hold back our bitching and play the changes before we nerd rage/QQing kkthx peace out

Deleted

hit rating no longer need for booms or ele shammies ?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Zepheia

I guess my biggest question is: what about Holy Pallies? They don't use spirit now, so will they be using it in Cata? or will it be like it is now?
    I'm wondering the same thing because if spirit gives mp5/hit will human ret paladins benefit from their racial bonus and have it converted to hit rating?

The only new information is the spirit to hit conversion for balance druids and resto shaman, but it's cool to get all that info into one spot.