Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Stat & System Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Krem
    Any comments stating this turns the game into 'ezmode' have a quick reread of the post - Caps are harder to hit, hence tanking WILL be much harder to do as they CAN be critted
    No, they can't. That's like one of the first things they stated.
    - Dreams. What are dreams? Dreams are nothing, my brother.
    - Dreams are nothing, sister? Without dreams, there could be no despair.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN
    The best news have to be that there will no longer be any weapon skill!

I am a little worried about it beeing harder to cap for example hit etc, because I do not want to see it become so that you have to be high end raider to get maxed out.

Otherwise, very very pleasantly surprised about these changes. Cant wait.
    The amount of hit you need will most likely increase as the difficulty of the raid increases. Maybe this will prevent me from being ridiculously over the hit cap in Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account

finaly i have been waiting for this to come out for a while now ;D

No more Weapon Skill? Am I dreaming???

the scaling caps are by far the best balance change for pve since like ever. I'm really looking forward to cata

So it's now official... Ret paladins will be able to tank heroics by just using a 1H tank weapon and a shield since righteous fury will make them uncritable.

Same for warriors obviously.

Hence why the stamina buff for dps classes.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Breakdown of which classes want which gear
    (I count each class with their 3 different specs, with a total of 30)

Cloth (DPS)-Mage, Warlock, Shadow Priest…7
    Cloth (Spirit)-Holy Priest, Discipline Priest… 2

Leather (Melee)-Rogue, Feral Druid…4
    Leather (Caster)-Balance Druid, Restoration Druid…2

Mail (Melee)-Hunter, Enhancement Shaman… 4
    Mail (Caster)-Elemental Shaman, Restoration Shaman…2

Plate (Tank)-Protection Warrior, Protection Paladin, Tank Death Knight… 3.5
    Plate (Melee)-Arms Warrior, Fury Warrior, Retribution Paladin, DPS Death Knight…4.5
    Plate (Caster)-Holy Paladin… 1

the bigger the number next to your class/spec, the more likely to see it drop and the more competition for gear you will have (assuming all classes and specs are at equal standings, and we all know they never are)
    Ya dangus

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-
    ]
    They have yet to comment if INT will have a regen component at all. Reading this post, combined with info from Blizzcon, I am leaning towards INT no longer providing regen, and %mana restoration effects changed to work off Spirit.

Also, INT will have a lesser effect on mana pool. All in all, healers will need SPI to survive. The question is: What will the playstyle be like? Are we going to have the same twitch/blanket style that we do now, only with less regen? Will have to wait for BETA for those questions to be answered.
    You don't have to wait, because this question has been answered Ad Nauseum by blues over the past few months. The intention is that healing will be less focused on spamming heals and more focused on using the correct heal for the situation. Mana regeneration will matter a lot more because (ideally) healers will never reach an infinite mana state.

I really cannot wait for the new elemental shaman spells and talents.
    I just hope they don't give us more spells a la enh style.We are fine with 3 really.Or maybe add 1 more something like:
    Windstorm Outload(Name sucks I know):Refresh your Lava Burst cooldown by 2 seconds.with a 2second duration itself.Instant cast and only does 50% of a lightning bolt's damage for example to not make it overpowered.
    And make a talent that will tick lavaburst.
    Like 25>50>75>100% of your lavaburst is a dot on the target for 6 seconds.(A bit op but still cool)
    Oh and no for spirit honestly...
    Pew pew

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel
    Did you consider there was a reason Blizzard made two categories in the post and called them "dps caster" and "Balance druid/elemental shaman"? If you are a shadowpriest, you are not a balance druid. If you are a shadowpriest, you are not an elemental shaman. Conclusion: You are in the DPS CASTER group.

On the changes coming, loving every bit of it!
    Big part of shadow priests damage comes from Spirit. To take it away and from our gear "Caster DPS" will hurt. I can only assume Blizzard knows this.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnett
    No, they can't. That's like one of the first things they stated.
    Ah misread that bit, ignore that bit the rest makes since

Quote Originally Posted by Tempos
    Breakdown of which classes want which gear
    (I count each class with their 3 different specs, with a total of 30)

Cloth (DPS)-Mage, Warlock, Shadow Priest…7
    Cloth (Spirit)-Holy Priest, Discipline Priest… 2

Leather (Melee)-Rogue, Feral Druid…4
    Leather (Caster)-Balance Druid, Restoration Druid…2

Mail (Melee)-Hunter, Enhancement Shaman… 4
    Mail (Caster)-Elemental Shaman, Restoration Shaman…2

Plate (Tank)-Protection Warrior, Protection Paladin, Tank Death Knight… 3.5
    Plate (Melee)-Arms Warrior, Fury Warrior, Retribution Paladin, DPS Death Knight…4.5
    Plate (Caster)-Holy Paladin… 1

the bigger the number next to your class/spec, the more likely to see it drop and the more competition for gear you will have (assuming all classes and specs are at equal standings, and we all know they never are)
    You do realize you'll be able to convert the spirit on a cloth pieces to something else, right?

If you are a tank (druids excepted), expect to see:
    * You’ll have as much Stamina as you’re used to, though you may notice your tanking plate has a bit less Stamina than a comparable piece of DPS plate, since we tend to take the gem budget out of your most attractive stat.
    Hahaha.

Sweet, I'll get to tank in dps gear! Healers don't care about running oom and I'll bet *anyone* that they won't care about running oom after the rating conversions.

Hence, we'll be tanking the everything in WotLK in 4.0 in dps gear.

Awesome.

[blizzquote="Eyonix;http://blue.mmo-champion.com/1/23425636414-cataclysm-stat--system-changes.html"]

Spell Ranks - Spell ranks will cease to exist. All spells will have one rank and will scale appropriately with level. The levels at which you can learn certain spells are being changed in order to fill in some of the gaps, and we will be introducing some new spells to learn along the way as well.
    [/quote]

Uh oh....
    Whats gonna happen with those beautiful rank 1 spells used in arena to avoid spell steals and dispels of more important buffs? that sucks :S ...
    "The biggest problem with people these days is not that they set their goals to high and do not reach them, it's that they set their goals to low, reach them, and become satisfied...." NEVER BECOME SATISFIED!

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick
    So it's now official... Ret paladins will be able to tank heroics by just using a 1H tank weapon and a shield since righteous fury will make them uncritable.

Same for warriors obviously.

Hence why the stamina buff for dps classes.
    not like they couldnt put the uncritable portion into some tallet in the prot tree or anything right.

I got to somewhere in the middle of that list and found this:
    Weapon Skill - This stat will be removed from the game completely. Classes will start with all the weapon skills they need to know and will not need to improve them.

The rest of it just seemed to fade out. Pardon my french but IT'S ABOUT FUCKING TIME

It's incredible it took them five years to figure that one out, although I'm very glad they finally did of course.

Seems like like cloth casters get screwed. I hopw I'm wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by scaphism
    not like they couldnt put the uncritable portion into some tallet in the prot tree or anything right.
    They could, but no dps would have taken it.

They just want to make sure the tank shortage will disappear for random heroics.

So as a Dk tank, is half my tank gear going to be covered in block when this switch comes? sigh.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by jwells46705
    Seems like like cloth casters get screwed. I hopw I'm wrong though.
    How so?