Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Cataclysm Stat & System Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Twintop
    I wonder if Shadow Priests are going to fall in to the "DPS Caster" grouping or the "Balance Druid/Elemental Shaman" grouping since, traditionally, spirit has been quasi-important to them?
    it seems like priests got screwed. balance druids and ele shamans can get gear for their dps set and healing set all in one while it seems that priests have to have 2 different sets for their dps and healing specs
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Getting excited about the changes, can't wait for beta. Kinda sad about losing rank 1 lifetap though. Lifetap glyph will cause me to be at a decent health loss before even enering combat, gonna have to get used to asking for a hot on each pull.

All these changes and not a word about one of the most important threat/dps stats for ANY melee... Expertise? :

Quote Originally Posted by Lassy
    Hahaha.

Sweet, I'll get to tank in dps gear! Healers don't care about running oom and I'll bet *anyone* that they won't care about running oom after the rating conversions.

Hence, we'll be tanking the everything in WotLK in 4.0 in dps gear.

Awesome.
    Did you just skip the healer section..

If you are a healer, expect to see:

* A lot more Stamina.
    * All of your Spell Power converted to Intellect and Stamina.
    * Spirit instead of MP5. You’ll probably be happy with Spirit, though, because mana regen is going to matter more than it does currently. Healing paladins and shaman will benefit more from Spirit than they do currently.
    We don't know how the SP will convert into Stam/Int yet nor do we know the Spirit convertion, but bets are you willregen more but heal less, as you've seem to have missed the blue post on 'healer coordination' or lack of, Blizzard intends on making healing 'fun', by 'fun' they probly mean less spamming of keys and more thought, like I said that stat changes don't make the game easier, they make it harder for the 'half-arsed'

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick
    You do realize you'll be able to convert the spirit on a cloth pieces to something else, right?
    You'll be able to convert half of it. You'll also be able to convert half the Strength or Agility on a piece into INT. That doesn't mean it will be good caster gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Valrune
    So as a Dk tank, is half my tank gear going to be covered in block when this switch comes? sigh.
    i doubt if a particular piece of gear has no block on it, then the defense rating on it will not be converted to block rating

blizzard isn't THAT stupid

blizzard should just stop telling us these things and just surprise us because half the people bitching and moaning have made comments that prove they didn't even read the article...now i have to sit through 3-6 months of this shit...ugh...
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Man, Vanilla was so cool, where the final boss of the instance dropped weapons that shared models with blues and greens!
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17076#same-model-as
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17074#same-model-as
    and he went on and listed about 16 more items...truly...a champion for logic

Quote Originally Posted by Aùssa02
    All these changes and not a word about one of the most important threat/dps stats for ANY melee... Expertise? :
    Expertise isn't changing. Next question?

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account

I was really considering dropping my Ele shaman for Cata in favor of my tank, but after reading some of this, I might stick with her.

They could, but no dps would have taken it.

They just want to make sure the tank shortage will disappear for random heroics.
    did they say that in this post somewhere. I have seen it stated before but I think this change is just for the tanks so they dont have to worry about defence on gear anymore. threat and being uncritable will still be in prot tallents in my oppinion. its not like all the dodge parry and block get thrown out the window for tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSecretArts
    The amount of hit you need will most likely increase as the difficulty of the raid increases. Maybe this will prevent me from being ridiculously over the hit cap in Cataclysm.
    This ^.

Im over expertise AND Hit cap. fml I wont get any non-hit/exp gear from the drops in ICC (Especially 2h weps)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Zepheia
    No offense, but I don't really appreciate being called a moron for an honest question. The reason why I asked in the first place is because pallies don't really use MP5 now (or at least in a limited amount). Maybe I've been informed wrong (or read the talents wrong) but most of the pally's regen is from crits.
    Mp5 is roughly double the regen stat of crit in current gear/tier. I think you're behind on your info, no offense.

tbh when reading threw this it only seems wow just got that much retard friendly, now instead of deciding what gear you want you will prety much be limited to what was "designed" for you.

With the removal of stats and literally smushing everything together it just seems abit dumb. The only thing left in wrath was making gear choices now its prety much set out for you...

sure there will be stat changing and crap but honestly half this stuff seems really dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by XemnasXD
    blizzard should just stop telling us these things and just surprise us because half the people bitching and moaning have made comments that prove they didn't even read the article...now i have to sit through 3-6 months of this shit...ugh...
    QFT.

It's hilarious to see people quote Blizz and then ask a question/qq about something... that was answered/addressed in what they just quoted.

Quote Originally Posted by scaphism
    did they say that in this post somewhere. I have seen it stated before but I think this change is just for the tanks so they dont have to worry about defence on gear anymore. threat and being uncritable will still be in prot tallents in my oppinion. its not like all the dodge parry and block get thrown out the window for tanking.
    They do... they said you will be uncritable by being in defensive stance, bear form, forst presence or having righteous fury on.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by fiveiron1
    Why are they leveling out stamina, armor and mitigation between armor types/classes? Isn't differences in those things the reason there are different armor types? In cataclysm are there only gonna be different classes with different armor limitations for RP value?
    Current system is just plain retarded. Right now the difference in health between melee dps warrior and melee dps shaman can be nearly 10k with same gearscore. Cataclysm stamina equalizing means that regardless of class, everybody in same raid role has similar health. All dps from cloth to plate has pretty much same health, difference is that plate offers slightly more damage mitigation from armor.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo
    it seems like priests got screwed. balance druids and ele shamans can get gear for their dps set and healing set all in one while it seems that priests have to have 2 different sets for their dps and healing specs
    because cloth has 2 pure dps classes with it as well leather and mail only have 1 other spec to contend with.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah
    Current system is just plain retarded. Right now the difference in health between melee dps warrior and melee dps shaman can be nearly 10k with same gearscore. Cataclysm stamina equalizing means that regardless of class, everybody in same raid role has similar health. All dps from cloth to plate has pretty much same health, difference is that plate offers slightly more damage mitigation from armor.
    man that'll make pvp harder ;D

They do... they said you will be uncritable by being in defensive stance, bear form, forst presence or having righteous fury on.

yes i read that it didnt say that this would come without tallents just that thats all you would have to do. its all druids have to do now

Quote Originally Posted by dazline
    tbh when reading threw this it only seems wow just got that much retard friendly, now instead of deciding what gear you want you will prety much be limited to what was "designed" for you.
    There isn't any "deciding" on gear as it is. Now it's just required to check a spreadsheet or RAWR or loot ranking website and pick the highest DPS item.