Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Stat & System Changes

Good to see this game can still be dumbed down. Dont think me or any of my friends will be renewing. Bring out SC2 already!

Quote Originally Posted by Tang
    You don't have to wait, because this question has been answered Ad Nauseum by blues over the past few months. The intention is that healing will be less focused on spamming heals and more focused on using the correct heal for the situation. Mana regeneration will matter a lot more because (ideally) healers will never reach an infinite mana state.
    Yes, I've read these posts as well. However, since I cannot be inside the head of a "blue" to understand what they mean by "less spammy," I really cannot speculate to what it will be like until I can experience it.

Let me put it this way: Do you really think a healer is going to cast a heal, sit around for 2 or 3 GCDs, then cast another heal in a 25man raid setting? I just can't see this. I think mainly they are going to get away from damage auras, which funny enough has become their go-to mechanic the challenge healers in WotLK. One can use the correct heal for the situation and still be casting every GCD. If I'm casting every GCD, I'm spamming. If my regen is nerfed, encounters become DPS>Healer Mana Pool. Simple as that.

So, there are just too many variables and subjectivity to really comment on how different the play-style will be.

So with resto/balance druids for example or ele/resto shamans does that mean you can have the same gear and using your talent tree change automatically to hit now? No 2 sets of gear?

I wonder what these changes will do to the traditional tank role?

Quote Originally Posted by lawladino
    Good to see this game can still be dumbed down. Dont think me or any of my friends will be renewing. Bring out SC2 already!
    So. How is it dumbed down?
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

I think what people are missing with the OMGZNOSPIRITSBUTDMGWILLBEBADLOLZQQ, is that all your spells will be changed to no longer be affected by spirit. This means it will not matter to you in the slightest and all your gear will be itemised accordingly.

Hurray, for making wow eaiser, this game should not be just as easy as, put this in there, ppl should have the ability to choose themself, not just being served gems right into their pocket like it was icecream, i love the confusing about gems and stats, makes the game more interesting and harder for those actually care.
    http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1555110.jpg

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Twintop
    See the top part of this post. It doesn't make sense to have non-spirit and spirit items for Leather and Mail because the usability would be very, very limited.
    The post I was quoting, spoke nothing of paladins, just which category shadowpriests would fall into, of the two mentioned in the blue post: DPS Caster or BOOMKIN/ELESHAMMY. My reply was given with that in mind - shadowpriests are not boomkin or ele shammy, making them caster dps. Got nothing to do with Paladins. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaa
    Big part of shadow priests damage comes from Spirit. To take it away and from our gear "Caster DPS" will hurt. I can only assume Blizzard knows this.
    They are aware of it. Check out our Tier10 pieces. Not a single point of Spirit. We're being reworked in Cataclysm, just like the rest of the classes. Spirit will most likely mean less to us then than it does now.

Quote Originally Posted by fxrs
    I wonder what these changes will do to the traditional tank role?
    The theory is that DPS specs should be able to tank easier content, as no need for a specific gear set due to lack of defence.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by lcarnegie
    So with resto/balance druids for example or ele/resto shamans does that mean you can have the same gear and using your talent tree change automatically to hit now? No 2 sets of gear?
    I really havn't read that deeply in to this, but outright, it would appear to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by lawladino
    Because pushing needles into your eyes is preferable to just playing and having fun.

The only thing fundamentally changing is a lessened requirement for downloading some stupid simulator program just to figure out which item is a DPS upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Chin Music
    Sounds good. I'm glad weapon skill is being removed.
    On no no no.
    This is an OUTRAGE!

Weapon Skill needs to be back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Caradinist
    So. How is it dumbed down?
    Removing "complicated" stats. Now you pretty much just need to worry about 2 stats maybe 3 if you think you can handle the mental fatigue of handling 3 stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitare-sp
    The theory is that DPS specs should be able to tank easier content, as no need for a specific gear set due to lack of defence.

I hope they know what they are doing but I have my doubts. GC has been less than inspiring with his ideas.

Haha they think dps casters care about spirit. Give me crit over spirit any day

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves
    Looks like a lot of work for the devs modifying all existing gear in the game and for what? I can understand some changes might have to be done for a new xpac but I'd rather see they used their time making content then changing stuff like this.
    It's probably less work than you think it is. I'm willing to bet its a mostly automated process.
    Code:
    for item in database.items:
      sp = item.spellpower
      item.int += sp*.6
      item.stam += sp*.4
      item.spellpower = 0
    would seem to do 99% of the hard work, assuming they know what ratios they want to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    Because pushing needles into your eyes is preferable to just playing and having fun.

The only thing fundamentally changing is a lessened requirement for downloading some stupid simulator program just to figure out which item is a DPS upgrade.
    Wow you think the stats we have now are that tough to manage?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho

agreed i'm glad it's simplier. No should I roll on this item it has less arm pen and i'll go below the cap but it has more agility/attack power bullshit

Good changes, but any info on hunters using Energy?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by fiveiron1
    Why are they leveling out stamina, armor and mitigation between armor types/classes? Isn't differences in those things the reason there are different armor types? In cataclysm are there only gonna be different classes with different armor limitations for RP value?
    If I understand it correctly, stamina is being leveled out, so tanks will be jemming more stam to compensate, as well as jemming more defensive stats, i.e. block, parry, dodge. Armor is being leveled out, because of said dodge, parry and block, since casters won't be gemming for it, and thus will need some form of damage mitigation increase from armor. Remember that casters will still be soloing pve content at some point, and should not have to worry about getting one shot by world mobs.