Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Stat & System Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Couga
    Some good and interesting changes in there.

However I fail to see how these changes will be significant simplfication over the current stat mechanics. Some of the stats they removed such as Attack and Spell Power are really not that complicated. And mastery looks like it will require tremendus amounts of theorycrafting to establish precise benefits for each possible spec.

Will these changes make the game better?
    Yeah I think so

Will these changes make the stat mechanics easier to understand?
    I somewhat doubt it (Ele Shams and Boomkins gaining hit from spirit? SAY WAT)

I guess it will be harder to spot obvious retards (eg ret pallies and feral druids who socket AP

I don't think they want to simplify everything entirely, instead they're trying to reduce the number of stats and modifiers that you have to be familiar with in order to know how to maximize your class. Right now guilds practically have to give new raid members math lessons in how to figure out how to maximize their characters, and personally I'm kind of sick of explaining this stuff. By giving say, casters just two major stats to worry about (int and hit) then hopefully people will have an easier time figuring it out for themselves.

The whole making this stat give another stat crap seems like a really lazy way our for blizz tbh. IMO this is blizz trying to make their job easyier by removing def and crap, itemizing will be 10x easyier for them. gg

healing is boring as it is, the only fun part is throwing out shit every gcd. "less spammy" my ass.... woot for boring!

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Cataclysm Stat & System Changes
    [blizzquote="Eyonix;http://blue.mmo-champion.com/1/23425636414-cataclysm-stat--system-changes.html"]
    • You’ll have as much Stamina as you’re used to, though you may notice your tanking plate has a bit less Stamina than a comparable piece of DPS plate, since we tend to take the gem budget out of your most attractive stat.
    So the few of us that sometimes gemed in the right colors will be forced even more to stack stam??? oO

On the whole i read:
    Tanks = less or same stam, less avoidance, mitigation gets nerved?
    DDs & Heal = !Much more stam! + dmg

while i know that blizz will balance the encounters around this, I fear this will get very very annoying as there are even now some DKs in full pvp gear that say things like: "let me tank, i have as much HP as the tank." while barely doing 1k dmg....

i hope that while mitigation and stam of tanks and dds/healers will get closer to each other dmg will as well especially for warriors...

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Quote Originally Posted by Couga
    As opposed to:

Agi (or Strength)
    Mastery
    Haste
    Hit
    Crit
    Exp

Granted its one less, but mastery is easily more complicated than ArP ;p
    I think it's also not just the number of skills, but understanding what they do. If I'm right, there will be no hit cap. More hit is also better. Less understood (in terms of numbers) stats like ArmPen and Expertise still to muddy the water.

Quote Originally Posted by dazline
    The whole making this stat give another stat crap seems like a really lazy way our for blizz tbh. IMO this is blizz trying to make their job easyier by removing def and crap, itemizing will be 10x easyier for them. gg

healing is boring as it is, the only fun part is throwing out shit every gcd. "less spammy" my ass.... woot for boring!
    It will def help the tank shortage, whether or not that is a good thing remains to be seen.

i have One Question i cant w8 to know and i cant w8 to see Cataclysm talents for all classes [i have no idea when is that coming] so here it is-:

Q-Well healers and insane damage done well be the same in Cataclysm?

now you can take a look at some classes talents it all has[next time you crit you get instant cast or what ever][increase chance to crit with spell X by a %] and if you look good at that you find that the whole spec is full of [increase damage delt by spell X by a % }later on that class is superman.

Quote Originally Posted by dazline
    Oh yes, (for example) spamming HolyLightHolyLightHolyLightHolyLightHolyLightHolyLightHolyLightHolyLightHolyLight every GCD as a holy paladin was so engaging. Or RejuvRejuvRejuvRejuvRejuvRejuvNOURISHRejuvRejuvRejuvRejuvRejuvRejuvREGROWTH. Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitare-sp
    I think it's also not just the number of skills, but understanding what they do. If I'm right, there will be no hit cap. More hit is also better. Less understood (in terms of numbers) stats like ArmPen and Expertise still to muddy the water.
    Actually there will always be a hit cap, however it will increase as we progress (ie to use a WotLK example, hit cap in Naxx would be lower than hit cap in ICC) again this appears to add more complexities.
    By less understood in terms of numbers do you mean not being able to establish which is better (eg ArP or Str)?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamless
    I didn't think it was possible to be quite this wrong.

As it is now; there's only a VERY limited amount of gear any class really wants, because the weighting for the multitude of stats is so skewed in favour of a very small number of them for each class; and each class has a different skew, so the huge number of items being made are being made very narrowly to fit to all the different roles.

With a drastic reduction in the number of stats which appear on items, it allows for a drastic increase of the usability of different items for classes; depending on what you want to emphasize.

Doubly so with reforging.

Means Blizzard can not only create less pieces of gear, and therefore make each piece more interesting, but even with the lessened number of pieces, there'll be greater options for what any given class will want to use.
    BORINGGGG so now necks/rings are going to be gone after by every class with a mana pool.... gear comp is going up, and it is getting too simple. Like i said before, their were choices to balance and stack. Why do you think alot of people drop set bonus for better itemized gear? choices....

x loot drops, raid leader; "k shammys roll on this gear"

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    Oh yes, (for example) spamming HolyLightHolyLightHolyLightHolyLightHolyLightHolyLightHolyLightHolyLightHolyLight every GCD as a holy paladin was so engaging. Or RejuvRejuvRejuvRejuvRejuvRejuvNOURISHRejuvRejuvRejuvRejuvRejuvRejuvREGROWTH. Etc.
    so holylight, look out the window, holy light, scratch my ass, holy light, pst a friend, holy light.

God i cant wait.

Now, I know that Block is being redesigned, but even in that form it still will create a parity between DKs/Druids and Paladins/Warriors, since Paladins and Warriors can still Dodge and Parry, unless they remove Parry from Paladins and Warriors somehow, or make it a choice between Parry and Block.

Essentially they've turned Parry into a Block of it's own, which makes it quite attractive actually in my opinion...

I'm actually considering going back to tanking after these changes land, simply for the fact they seem to be exactly what the game needs. It's not simplification, it's actually brilliant.

Intellect giving Spellpower will be like Strength and Agility giving Attack Power - this should make balancing items out somewhat easier. Later bosses needing more Crit and Hit to do more damage - I like it. Makes content scaling better and progression raiding more meaningful again.

Jewelcrafting - I think they should just remove all the colours from the gem slots for bonuses and just make the bonuses a straight-forward increase for their intended role. It IS a bit simplified, but if you let players pick whatever combination of gems they want, you'd get more profits from selling gems as people would regem as they get gear they want.

All in all - I really like the sound of all this.

And so. It begins.

World of Retardcraft.

For those who never remembered number 540 we remove defence.
    For those who never remembered where to learn polearms, we remove weapon skills.
    For those who never remembered where class trainer is and can't understand what RankWatch whispers to them, we removed spell ranks.
    And of course, for those tanks who can't decide should they gem stamina or dodge, we reduce stamina on tank gear so we would all gem stamina.

Now we finally make this game so ridiculously easy, every imbecile can look smart.
    And, see, how many people in these 10 pages are exalted with changes. Probably had hard time remembering 540 defence...
    It's a shame that you can't be banned from WOW for being bad player.
    It's a shame that you can be banned for being good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kungen
    Banned for raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Epar
    But...but..but...awwww.
    So resto druids and shammies will be less likely to get gear than any other healing class because they share with boomkins and ele? Does anyone else see these as not fair? Why don't holy priests have to share with shadow then?

Quote Originally Posted by Tang
    If healing more often is going to cause overheal and OOM, then yes, I can see that for sure.
    If that's the case, you're going to have some extremely bored healers who will be wasting some pretty nifty twitch skills developed over the past years.

I mean, it will separate to some extent the Shield Spammer/Rejuv/Renew blanketer from those who remember OOMing... I just don't think people understand how much this will really affect the game. If I'm playing my healer very well, and my fight rhythm is HEAL [three GCD] HEAL, that means DPS have very little incoming damage. Why, then, are we increasing HP? What I read in the past was that it was to provide more of a buffer between 100%-0%, which is another way of saying "give healers more time to react." I seriously doubt I will be resting 3 GCDs between heals.

But, for argument's sake, I will be "HEAL [three GCD] HEAL" in 'Clysm. Do I diminish the importance of healers in a raid? Do I take less healers in my raid? Do I increase the importance of tank healing? Do I get to do something useful during those three GCDs?

I'm sure we will all adjust just fine, but I think this change will have the single greatest impact on PvE play for 'Clysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Zargzak
    World of Retardcraft.

For those who never remembered number 540 we remove defence.
    For those who never remembered where to learn polearms, we remove weapon skills.
    For those who never remembered where class trainer is and can't understand what RankWatch whispers to them, we removed spell ranks.
    And of course, for those tanks who can't decide should they gem stamina or dodge, we reduce stamina on tank gear so we would all gem stamina.

Now we finally make this game so ridiculously easy, every imbecile can look smart.
    And, see, how many people in these 10 pages are exalted with changes. Probably had hard time remembering 540 defence...
    my thoughts in a nut shell, well put.

When i started wow new shit was fun, i feel bad for anyone thats starts wow after this goes into effect.

Deleted

Game is dumbed down because they are removing things as weapon skill?Are you guys hearing what you are saying? Don't you think you sound a little...pathetic?

Oh , let's not forget that during wow's "hardmode" ( vanilla) we had even fewer stats , that didn't stop them from making Naxxramas and making the game difficult. The game is balanced for <less gifted players> atm , but the community is MUCH weaker ( skill wise ) than it was 5 years ago ( ironically) .

I know maybe 10 people that remained from vanilla ( hardcores aka people that saw more than the first trash pack in Naxx before TBC) and the rest are people that started in TBC or dk Heroes. This game , if you talking about hardcore is dead , but I am happy about this tbh . I don't have as much time as I used to have and the game , even if it's much too easy for my taste , is perfect for the limited time I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeolo
    Game is dumbed down because they are removing things as weapon skill?Are you guys hearing what you are saying? ...
    Oh , let's not forget that during wow's "hardmode" ( vanilla) we had even fewer stats , that didn't stop them from making Naxxramas and making the game difficult. The game is balanced for <less gifted players> atm , but the community is MUCH weaker ( skill wise ) than it was 5 years ago ( ironically) .
    Very good, very good.
    Now next time try to think before posting.

Do you really think that simplifying game even more will help people to became a stronger community?
    It's a shame that you can't be banned from WOW for being bad player.
    It's a shame that you can be banned for being good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kungen
    Banned for raiding.

so, the crit thing should have been a little more indepth, because the way it is worded a paladin will never be crit again. Ever.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by wabun
    So the few of us that sometimes gemed in the right colors will be forced even more to stack stam??? oO

On the whole i read:
    Tanks = less or same stam, less avoidance, mitigation gets nerved?
    DDs & Heal = !Much more stam! + dmg

while i know that blizz will balance the encounters around this, I fear this will get very very annoying as there are even now some DKs in full pvp gear that say things like: "let me tank, i have as much HP as the tank." while barely doing 1k dmg....

i hope that while mitigation and stam of tanks and dds/healers will get closer to each other dmg will as well especially for warriors...

Quote Originally Posted by Murkantilism
    So resto druids and shammies will be less likely to get gear than any other healing class because they share with boomkins and ele? Does anyone else see these as not fair? Why don't holy priests have to share with shadow then?
    Because Shadows Priests share with Mages. With Warlocks. HELLOOOOOO?? Boomkins would share their gear with... Boomkins?

And you will be able to use your casting DPS gear to heal. And shadow priests won't.