Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Stat & System Changes

since spell levels are being removed get ready for new spells (especially at 80+) to cost thousands of gold

10+ Year Old Account

Is it me or will the game become completely retard friendly?

I started playing WoW during vanilla, but each expansion the game seems to become more easy.

I'm sorry to say so but, I seriously doubt the community will become stronger with this. I think most vanilla players could potentially leave the game, thus weakening the community even more.

Quote Originally Posted by g0ku
    since spell levels are being removed get ready for new spells (especially at 80+) to cost thousands of gold
    F that, i want a refund on all the ranks i bought ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Heratix
    Make it two of us, and I have seen about 5 people in last 11 pages who can join the club.
    It's a shame that you can't be banned from WOW for being bad player.
    It's a shame that you can be banned for being good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kungen
    Banned for raiding.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Zargzak
    Very good, very good.
    Now next time try to think before posting.

Do you really think that simplifying game even more will help people to became a stronger community?
    Yes , I am sure mister DKmasterarthas with 71 points in Blood and spell power gems will become much better if you add more stats . I was just stating a fact , very few players have skill and those who do stopped playing or are bored . You will never have the raiding of Vanilla and TBC back , that community is gone( mostly).I expect Cataclysm raiding to be even more simple than atm and even more simple .
    Anyway saying a game is easier or harder based on how many stats you need to look on is silly . If you wan a solid community again start teaching all these new guys the basics and start all over again . Anyway , work tommorow for me , have fun arguing

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Cataclysm Stat & System Changes
    [blizzquote="Eyonix;http://blue.mmo-champion.com/1/23425636414-cataclysm-stat--system-changes.html"]
    • Existing Attack Power becomes Agility and Stamina.Armor Penetration becomes Haste or Crit.
    I mean, great and all. What about us PvP players who have PvP 2h? Will I just have to replace it asap in cata, since I'll be running around with a 2h sword that gives me no attack power? Or are we going to see something like BC again, where sword and mace will be Str/Stam, and Axe and Polearm will be Agi/Stam? (Well, they weren't Agi/Stam then, but you get the drift)
    Here's my user friendly signature...enjoy.

So from what I can tell, there will be two types of leather, two types of mail, two types of cloth, and still three types of plate (DPS, tank and spirit for the mana regen/healing)?

I mean, there'll be 'caster/healing' leather (boomkin and tree), DPS leather (for cat and rogue), and then caster/healing mail, and 'DPS mail' (for Hunters and Enhance Shammies), and then caster cloth and healing cloth.

While I'm not saying I'd like to be fighting with a Holy Paladin over my DPS plate, I find it a bit strange that we still have a piece of loot that can sometimes end up being completely useless to a raid (especially for those of us that are of strict 10-man progression that don't have a Holy Paladin on our roster).

Feel free to point out what I've missed, though.

I started playing WoW during vanilla, but each expansion the game seems to become more easy.

I'm sorry to say so but, I seriously doubt the community will become stronger with this. I think most vanilla players could potentially leave the game, thus weakening the community even more.
    Oh yes, THE vanilla players. /flex They're so awesome. Bunch of whiny twats...

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick
    So it's now official... Ret paladins will be able to tank heroics by just using a 1H tank weapon and a shield since righteous fury will make them uncritable.

Same for warriors obviously.

Hence why the stamina buff for dps classes.
    The intent stated was that a tank class can tank any normal and that they 'possibly' might be able to tank some heroics without having to do to much shuffling. They still want heroics to be done by tank specs though so I highly doubt we will see Ret Paladins tanking heroics until later in the expansion when mudflation kicks in.

It will be a great change though for leveling up from 15-85 for every tank class.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeolo
    Game is dumbed down because they are removing things as weapon skill?Are you guys hearing what you are saying? Don't you think you sound a little...pathetic?

Oh , let's not forget that during wow's "hardmode" ( vanilla) we had even fewer stats , that didn't stop them from making Naxxramas and making the game difficult. The game is balanced for <less gifted players> atm , but the community is MUCH weaker ( skill wise ) than it was 5 years ago ( ironically) .

I know maybe 10 people that remained from vanilla ( hardcores aka people that saw more than the first trash pack in Naxx before TBC) and the rest are people that started in TBC or dk Heroes. This game , if you talking about hardcore is dead , but I am happy about this tbh . I don't have as much time as I used to have and the game , even if it's much too easy for my taste , is perfect for the limited time I have.
    Naa your just ignorant. Has nothing at all to do with "weapon skill". The game as of right now is "vast" as in alot of shit to experience. So lets say to fully explore and explain wow as it is today, it would take a whole novel yes? or so it would seem to someone half new. After this it will be a picture book 3 pages long.

I liked how wow covered so many areas of ideas. Ah, trainers, factions, currency, economy... stuff like that. It makes no sense to cut this stuff down when it was already not only simple but only added to a gaming experience. Like i said afew posts ago, i feel bad for anyone that starts playing when this goes. leveling up late that night because i get a new rank of a bad ass spell was incentive. Now im going to enjoy leveling because why?

As a general rule of thumb, you’ll be able to convert one stat to 50% of another stat.

This seems like a bad deal? anyone else feel this way? I mean its semi useful as in say me(warlock) rolling on healer gear and getting rid of the spirit for int and still maybe be a useful piece. But other than that this seems bad. anyone else agree?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alexstrasza&cn=Romeolock

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zargzak
    World of Retardcraft.

For those who never remembered number 540 we remove defence.
    For those who never remembered where to learn polearms, we remove weapon skills.
    For those who never remembered where class trainer is and can't understand what RankWatch whispers to them, we removed spell ranks.
    And of course, for those tanks who can't decide should they gem stamina or dodge, we reduce stamina on tank gear so we would all gem stamina.

Now we finally make this game so ridiculously easy, every imbecile can look smart.
    And, see, how many people in these 10 pages are exalted with changes. Probably had hard time remembering 540 defence...
    This is the dumbest thing I've read all day. These changes were needed because obnoxiously complicated mechanics and algorithms in a VIDEO GAME is retarded. Having to read spreadsheets to determine whether an item is an upgrade or not? Leveling weapon skills, an obnoxious chore, solely to REMOVE a PENALTY? Dealing with wasting time and gold teetering on the 540 cap? How the hell is THAT fun or "knowledgeable"?

Go QQ elsewhere please, no one cares about your nostalgia filtering.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    Oh yes, (for example) spamming HolyLightHolyLightHolyLightHolyLightHolyLightHolyLightHolyLightHolyLightHolyLight every GCD as a holy paladin was so engaging. Or RejuvRejuvRejuvRejuvRejuvRejuvNOURISHRejuvRejuvRejuvRejuvRejuvRejuvREGROWTH. Etc.
    And as a priest it's fuckin annoying to time your heals. You spam so much shit the whole bossfight, while using EVERY GCD. What are priests supposed to do? Cast 1 Renew every 3 secs? Sounds kinda boring imho.

edit- And yes the games becomes more easy every addon (not easy encounters or pvp). Were's the point in removing ARP. I mean there are people who like theorycrafting. And afterall not every player has to do the math on his own. elitistjerks.com :-\

Quote Originally Posted by Deviltry
    let me guess.. you must play a dk?

Quote Originally Posted by Murkantilism
    So resto druids and shammies will be less likely to get gear than any other healing class because they share with boomkins and ele? Does anyone else see these as not fair? Why don't holy priests have to share with shadow then?
    Maybe I'm wrong, but it sounds more like holy priests will have it worse. Their cloth can now be attractive to every healer as well as elemental shaman and boomkins. Holy priests can't use leather, mail or plate, but there seems to be much less reason now for a shaman or pally to roll for cloth shoulders with spirit, for example, than there will be come Cataclysm. Before we only had to worry about druids sniping our cloth for the spirit, now all healers use spirit... not to mention the 2 dps caster exceptions.

That said, it's way too early to QQ about this anyways, priests included given there is a lot more information to come.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by dazline
    my thoughts in a nut shell, well put.

When i started wow new shit was fun, i feel bad for anyone thats starts wow after this goes into effect.
    None of the changes he listed were what made this game fun. How has weapon skill ever been anything but a burden? If you play a Warrior and get a sweet new 2-hand axe you haven't yet used since you hit 80 you get to go spend 2 hours killing low level creatures trying to hit them with your giant axe! SWEET!

Having your spells scale is going to vastly improve the fun factor of the leveling experience and will also likely make players better since they will be learning rotations earlier. Shaman aren't going to be constantly rotating what shock they use based on their level simply because you just trained a new rank making it better than what you should be using. Some classes won't be using archaic spells that only exist in the depths of their spellbooks because they were just on the trainer at that level. Priests have a couple heals that only existed at lower levels and are replaced by the time you hit 80 so only having those spells which actually matter and having them scale with level will make you better understand your abilities.

Defense cap is really the only thing he listed which was some kind of accomplishment and that takes little effort as is. Druids don't have to worry about it as they get it from spec, Paladins used to get a ton from spec, and DK's get a ton from weapon enchant so it has really only been an accomplishment for warriors most of this game. Hell my DK has been 80 for 3 hours played time and is defense capped with nothing but quest rewards and boe blues.

These changes are going to make the game less mathy for 80s, which isn't necessarily a good thing, and leveling a better training experience for new players like it should be. But then again that math is done by <1% of the population, 30% read the data and apply it and the other ~70% are oblivious to it so the changes probably are better overall because everyone improves by default and there are fewer complex calculations to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by dazline
    let me guess.. you must play a dk?
    let me guess.. a whiny twat?

Quote Originally Posted by Deviltry
    Very insightful comment, which pretty much summarizes who needs a dumbing of game.
    It's a shame that you can't be banned from WOW for being bad player.
    It's a shame that you can be banned for being good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kungen
    Banned for raiding.

The thought has occurred to me.

anoying how blizz edits this game to be retard friendly... the stats remind me more and more of the 10 year old korean mmo's wich had only grinding and 6 stats for chars...