Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Stat & System Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Saintred
    Maybe I'm wrong, but it sounds more like holy priests will have it worse. Their cloth can now be attractive to every healer as well as elemental shaman and boomkins. Holy priests can't use leather, mail or plate, but there seems to be much less reason now for a shaman or pally to roll for cloth shoulders with spirit, for example, than there will be come Cataclysm. Before we only had to worry about druids sniping our cloth for the spirit, now all healers use spirit... not to mention the 2 dps caster exceptions.

No, they've said they want Plate wears to wear plate, Leather to wear leather etc, and that will be built into the system.

Expect a stat reduction if you don't use your class or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Saintred
    Maybe I'm wrong, but it sounds more like holy priests will have it worse. Their cloth can now be attractive to every healer as well as elemental shaman and boomkins. Holy priests can't use leather, mail or plate, but there seems to be much less reason now for a shaman or pally to roll for cloth shoulders with spirit, for example, than there will be come Cataclysm. Before we only had to worry about druids sniping our cloth for the spirit, now all healers use spirit... not to mention the 2 dps caster exceptions.

Warlocks won't need spirit anymore (so much spirit) because lifetap nolonger scales with it.

So just like before Wotlk, people are crying and bitching about everything new that they don't yet understand nor have been able to try at all, even as the expansion is still months away.

The community never changes. It will bitch about -anything-. Let's see some more nostalgic bullshit too and people pulling some more brown mess out of their behinds.

Quote Originally Posted by AoBman05
    This is the dumbest thing I've read all day. These changes were needed because obnoxiously complicated mechanics and algorithms in a VIDEO GAME is retarded. Having to read spreadsheets to determine whether an item is an upgrade or not?
    This will not change. (agree on the Weapon Skill bit though)

Quote Originally Posted by Deviltry
    let me guess.. a whiny twat?
    question answered. ^dk

Quote Originally Posted by Deviltry
    Oh yes, THE vanilla players. /flex They're so awesome. Bunch of whiny twats...
    Not all of them! A vanilla/bc raider monkey here and I welcome changes. Can't really pass judgment until I've experienced the changes firsthand (at least I can't). But some people are just negative sallies off the bat, so whatever the changes are, these people will make it seem like it's the worst thing since the dawn of sweet little time.

If the game does end up being eh for myself due to the any changes, I'd just replace it with other games/things. So far it sounds interesting enough, although would like to know much more about the healing side...exercising my patience skill for now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Core
    So just like before Wotlk, people are crying and bitching about everything new that they don't yet understand nor have been able to try at all, even as the expansion is still months away.

The community never changes. It will bitch about -anything-. Let's see some more nostalgic bullshit too and people pulling some more brown mess out of their behinds.

Most people don't bitch. But there are some things people maybe don't understand and don't want to be removed (like ARP und DEF). Of course some stats are kinda ridiculous to find out but afterall it was one of the funny parts in wow too.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Couga
    This will not change. (agree on the Weapon Skill bit though)
    Probably not, but it shouldn't require an 3rd party addon/site just to figure out upgrades, that's being excessive at that point.

Probably not, but it shouldn't require an 3rd party addon/site just to figure out upgrades, that's being excessive at that point.
    If anything mastery will make it even more complicated ;p

Quote Originally Posted by The Core

what was to complicated for you to understand? Dont think anything yet in wow has be "Too complicated"

so dont use it.... alot of things + 20 seconds of staring = whats an upgrade. Just cause there is an easy way to do things doesnt make it the only way.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Zargzak
    For those who never remembered number 540 we remove defence.
    I'm sorry but defence is a pretty pointless stat. All it does is provide a barrier for people wanting to move into tanking, once you've got a few half decent pieces it's something you can pretty much forget about as you'll never end up below the cap. If they want to remove it and actually use that item budget to give tanks more avoidance/stam then I fail to see how that isn't a good thing.

For those who never remembered where to learn polearms, we remove weapon skills.
    Yeah because having to go find a weapon trainer and then hit a mob numerous times before you could use a weapon type you hadn't used during levelling really made the game so much better and it's removal is a horrible simplification. Oh wait, no it's not, it's just the removal of a pointless time sink.

For those who never remembered where class trainer is and can't understand what RankWatch whispers to them, we removed spell ranks.
    Please explain to me how having to go back to a class trainer every 2 levels is a good thing? Why shouldn't the fireball spell I learned at level 4 not become progressively more powerful as I level up? As with removing weapon skills all they are doing by removing the need to visit class trainers every 2 levels is removing a time sink. And anyway you're still going to have to visit class trainers every so often to learn actual new skills/spells.

And of course, for those tanks who can't decide should they gem stamina or dodge, we reduce stamina on tank gear so we would all gem stamina.
    I'm not sure where you've managed to make that conclusion. Frankly until they release more details about changes to avoidance caps then I don't see how anyone can claim that a slight reduction on stamina found on gear will mean that everyone will want to gem stamina, altho even if that was the end result I don't see how that's really any different to the current situation.

Now we finally make this game so ridiculously easy, every imbecile can look smart.
    And, see, how many people in these 10 pages are exalted with changes. Probably had hard time remembering 540 defence...
    Rather than throwing out pointless insults how about providing a proper explanation why you think that removing some pointless stats makes the game ridiculously easy? Vanilla WoW had fewer stats than we have now and noone considered that to be easy. At the end of the day people will have just as many stats to juggle on their gear, it's just that they'll be able to understand them without needing a degree in Maths or having to use someone else's theorycrafting spreadsheet.

Deleted

World of Retardcraft.

For those who never remembered number 540 we remove defence.
    For those who never remembered where to learn polearms, we remove weapon skills.
    For those who never remembered where class trainer is and can't understand what RankWatch whispers to them, we removed spell ranks.
    And of course, for those tanks who can't decide should they gem stamina or dodge, we reduce stamina on tank gear so we would all gem stamina.

Now we finally make this game so ridiculously easy, every imbecile can look smart.
    And, see, how many people in these 10 pages are exalted with changes. Probably had hard time remembering 540 defence...
    am sorry that you where to stupid to understand the things you tried to read but dont blame it on others.

Deleted

Great news everyone!

And for those bitching about "ÑEÑE wher did al my ztat spredsheets gone ÑEÑE", I prefer the game to be a bit difficult and NOT the numbers. Numbers will still maintain importance, but not as muchs as now.

And I'm a Vanilla player, so gtfo.

Don't like that at all.

Paladins, Resto Shamans, Ele Shamans, Moonkins, Resto Druids can now all roll on Spirit Cloth (in raids, not 5 man loot system)
    Spirit Cloth is needed by 6 Specs.
    Spirit Leather by 5 specs.
    Spirit Mail by 3 specs.
    Spirit Plate by 1 spec.
    This system seems to fail...

Next is:
    Resto Druids and Resto Shamans can easily switch to Moonkin or Elemental, whereas Holy Priests/Paladins are screwed up and can't switch to Shadow/Retribution.
    Tell your Restos to dualspec elemental/balance, they can, just need ring,necks and trinkets, and are happy.
    Tell your Holy Paladin or Holy priest to respec Retri/Shadow, they can't, need new gear for all of their slots.

2 Healing classes get screwed.

1 getting even more screwed with loot, competing with 6 other specs for loot.

Who the fuck thought up this design? It's utterly crap.

Let ALL DPS casters go for dps cloth, increase cloth droprate.
    Let ALL Healers for go healing cloth, increase cloth droprate.

That would at least fix 1 of the two problems. But 2 hybrid specs still are screwed

Good to see we only have a few stats left in Cataclysm but removing Spell Power? Want to see the result.

who wants to bet by lvl 90 spellpower is back? any takers? this will be what? the 3rd change to the spellpower stat? They really still have not made up their minds.

the developers working on RAWR will have their hands full for a while

Quote Originally Posted by Solitare-sp
    No, they've said they want Plate wears to wear plate, Leather to wear leather etc, and that will be built into the system.

Expect a stat reduction if you don't use your class or something.
    A quite effective way to do that would bee a 10% (or something) reduce in stats on that idem per tier of armor below ur highest one. Ex a pala using cloth would get the stats on that Item reduced by 10% Mail -> 20% Leather - 30% cloth

Quote Originally Posted by dazline
    who wants to bet by lvl 90 spellpower is back? any takers? this will be what? the 3rd change to the spellpower stat? They really still have not made up their minds.
    Doubt it'll be back, but I do expect another change (eg Spirit now also provide Sp, or some shit like that)

Also they didn't mention what is goin to happen to Spell Pen?

Very good, very good.
    Now next time try to think before posting.

Do you really think that simplifying game even more will help people to became a stronger community?

lol?