Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Cataclysm Stat & System Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Murkantilism
    So resto druids and shammies will be less likely to get gear than any other healing class because they share with boomkins and ele? Does anyone else see these as not fair? Why don't holy priests have to share with shadow then?
    That's not how it is.

Resto and boomkins will share spell leather, ele and resto shamans will share spell mail.

You'll only have to share with one other spec.

If your raid leader is still handing out spell leather to shaman after this well... he's a moron.

It's not like disc priests don't have to share with holy priests. :P It's just 2 specs of a tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Couga
    Doubt it'll be back, but I do expect another change (eg Spirit now also provide Sp, or some shit like that)

Also they didn't mention what is goin to happen to Spell Pen?
    resist- For some people this was to confusing, removed.

really tho idk.

[quote=Boubouille ]
    Cataclysm Stat & System Changes
    [blizzquote="Eyonix;http://blue.mmo-champion.com/1/23425636414-cataclysm-stat--system-changes.html"]

If you are a Balance druid or Elemental shaman:
    • You will still share gear with Restoration druids and shaman.
    • Your gear will have Spirit on it. It won’t have Hit on it.
    • You will have a talent that converts Spirit to Hit. We will adjust talents accordingly so that you want about as much Spirit as, say, a warlock wants Hit.
    • Hit on rings and other such gear will still benefit you.
    • Raid buffs will no longer boost Spirit, so you shouldn’t find yourself unexpectedly over the Hit cap because of buffs.

And with one fell swoop, my Shaman wont be my main for another Expac.

Why are people whining about resto/balance using the same gear but not shadow/holy,disc?

Druids still need 2 different sets + bit of tanking rings for their tree choices.
    Same goes for shamans (without the tank stuff)

Priests lets see how many sets do they need for their specs...
    huummm ..

2 ??

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster
    Question is, which class will be overpowered as hell due to stat changes, until it gets balanced out by levelling to 85 and we get gear which is itemized with the stat changes in mind.
    Ret pallies ofc. imagine 50-60k hp ret pallies in pvp. poof bubble heals to full and still rapes on damage. gg.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

always wondered why weapon skill was still in the game. when you take spices out of the game "to make it more fun" why let people afk attack mobs for 2hours straight to get their weapon skill high enough? took a long time.

To the rest: expected, dumping down is part of Cata concept. but i doubt all changes will make it.

I really like this one:

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Cataclysm Stat & System Changes
    [blizzquote="Eyonix;http://blue.mmo-champion.com/1/23425636414-cataclysm-stat--system-changes.html"]

Combat ratings - All ratings will be much harder to "cap out" at maximum gear levels. Ratings will be steeper in Cataclysm, and creatures in later tiers of content will be harder to hit or crit, similar to how level-83 mobs are harder to hit or crit than level-80 mobs.

But i am 100% certain this wont be implented. Raids should have a progression in terms of difficulty and not make one raid super simple, the next next a little harder and the following tiers again simple. Those combat rating changes would help with that, arthas would be harder to hit as Kel Thuzad but with that whole dumping down and content for braindead monkeys that wont work.

raiding will still be freeloot in normal mode and that wont change, even if blizzard wanted to because generation Wotlk doesnt want to wipe once.
    Who needs gameplay when you have ACHIEVEMENTS? Don't worry about beating levels, finding ways to kill enemies, or beating the final boss... there are none. Focus solely on your ultimate destiny... doing random tasks that have nothing to do with anything. Metagame yourself with ease! Self-satisfaction never felt so... artificial!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol
    Ret pallies ofc. imagine 50-60k hp ret pallies in pvp. poof bubble heals to full and still rapes on damage. gg.
    How about a 50-60k disc priest mana burning you with the new resil not effecting mana burns. gg

and by the time this goes there wont be a class that cant despell a bubble lol.

Quote Originally Posted by scaphism

yes i read that it didnt say that this would come without tallents just that thats all you would have to do. its all druids have to do now
    There were a few blue posts earlier this year about them wanting dps classes to be able to tank heroics (their example was an arm warrior using a shield)

So I don't know.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

I'm really interested to see how these changes will affect pvp and does this make pve any 'harder'? (Yes PvE is still hard but see below what's my point)

Like if you dont get so much statses from higher iLVL items, you cant just overrun 'easier' instances (example; You can overrun Naxx with Ulduar gear or above so easily, but it's still tough with full rares.) I'm really interested to see if this is going to happen. So you have to clear 'easier' instances first b4 u go harder ones. Atm u can just ding 80 and go roflol toc/heroics for 232/245 iLVL gear and poof, you got gear ready for ICC.

... aaand PvP! I really want to see how these stat changes will effect on PvP! Will matches last longer? I really hope so.

While defense was annoying, getting to the hit cap and staying there (as a fresh 80), I like that it gave tanks something to take into consideration when choosing upgrades, gemming, etc. I am glad they are removing it, though, because after a point there is no need to think about it ever again. My tank has 583 defense with no def gems or def trinkets or whatever and it is ridiculous to have a stat that is on almost every tank piece, and yet it is unnecessary to even look at when considering an upgrade

Gearing now is NOT interesting. Sure it may be complicated, but people just make spreadsheets. What I hope to see more of in cata is: "Because of my current gear setup, haste is better for me than crit". Now I get too more pieces, and suddenly "With those upgrades, expertise is now my best stat". That would be an interesting system. Stack ArPen to cap then stack agi... that's not an interesting system.

Getting rid of a stat (SP) that scales directly with ilvl is not dumbing things down. Getting rid of AP when every class always wants Str = X AP = Y Agi at all levels of gearing is not dumbing things down.

It may be that the game is simpler in Cata, it may be that it's more complicated. The information in this blue post isn't enough to say either, but I'm inclined to believe it will be more towards more interesting at the very least.

They always use this "we want to make it more interesting" line for every dumbing down change they make.

The sheer amount of QQ ITT is overwhelming considering how VAGUE this information is in relation to actual gameplay. Talents, glyphs, path of the titans, mastery, new skills, and changes to old skills can all greatly affect stats. Let alone how boss fights will be tweaked to accommodate these changes.

Also, if you want to theorycraft and "napkin math," go take a math class. For a large majority, getting a piece of gear that gives 5 agility, 24 AP, .33% crit while taking away .75% haste and determining if it's an upgrade XYZ spec, but maybe good for offspec ABC spec is NOT fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviltry
    let me guess.. a whiny twat?
    LOL WIN. I couldn't agree with you more. Vanilla players tend to be the most whiney and opposed to the sound of anything new and different.

This game does, in fact, get easier every day I play it. The more I learn the more I am able to do. I think that claiming that game is easier out of hand, by not qualifying against player skill and knowledge, is silly. That being said, I'm excited by about 90% of the changes that may be coming down the pipeline. I like that the major stats will be meaningful across the board, but I did like ArP and I even understood how it functioned. Anyway, on to the things that give me pause:

-Armor Mitigation Balancing: Personally, like one of the above posters, I would much rather wear plate than cloth when having an axe swung at me. I do strongly feel that the damage mitigation provided by heavier armor should remain as is. Cloth/Leather/Mail wearers have, generally, plenty of ways to inflate their damage reduction and the stamina buff should more than even the playing field.

-Haste: I'm curious how unbalancing haste will be for rogues in PvP. They already have a 1second gcd and a few ways to get their Energy back up, so now they'll recover even faster. That's fucking great. Hunters I could see needing this, badly, with their new resource, and I'm on the fence how powerful, or not, this will make DKs.

-Stamina Balancing on tanks: Maybe I'm naive, but I don't feel that dropping reducing (relatively) the current levels of mitigation, avoidance, and health is a positive thing. I understand that there will be talents, gear scaling, and what not to prop up a tank, but tanking in cataclysm just seems scarier than it is currently. I, also, liked defense skill, but that's because after gaining an average iLvL of 213 or higher I never had to think of it again.

Other than that, I'm very interested, with a positive outlook, in the upcoming expansion. I'm sure we'll have many factions for whom we must rep grind, all sorts of fun quests, and there will be more than plenty to keep us busy, for a while.

10+ Year Old Account

The sheer amount of QQ ITT is overwhelming considering how VAGUE this information is in relation to actual gameplay. Talents, glyphs, path of the titans, and mastery can all greatly affect stats. Let alone how boss fights will be tweaked to accommodate these changes.
    Aww come on now. It's what we are used to, because it repeats EVERY PATCH.

@Toipc: Interesting changes. Can't wait to read more.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemaro

It's not like disc priests don't have to share with holy priests. :P It's just 2 specs of a tree.
    unless the cost of PW:S skyrockets disc is going to keep taking DPS cloth and not need regen.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Kryptiki
    -Armor Mitigation Balancing: Personally, like one of the above posters, I would much rather wear plate than cloth when having an axe swung at me. I do strongly feel that the damage mitigation provided by heavier armor should remain as is. Cloth/Leather/Mail wearers have, generally, plenty of ways to inflate their damage reduction and the stamina buff should more than even the playing field.
    Well cloth armor can be infused with magic, which turns every weapon swung at you into... cotton candy! Cloth armor > Plate armor > Axe.

Quote Originally Posted by dazline
    Naa your just ignorant. Has nothing at all to do with "weapon skill". The game as of right now is "vast" as in alot of shit to experience. So lets say to fully explore and explain wow as it is today, it would take a whole novel yes? or so it would seem to someone half new. After this it will be a picture book 3 pages long.

I liked how wow covered so many areas of ideas. Ah, trainers, factions, currency, economy... stuff like that. It makes no sense to cut this stuff down when it was already not only simple but only added to a gaming experience. Like i said afew posts ago, i feel bad for anyone that starts playing when this goes. leveling up late that night because i get a new rank of a bad ass spell was incentive. Now im going to enjoy leveling because why?
    Implying leveling is enjoyable.

Reading forums is like watching Jerry Springer isn't it? YOU IGNORANT #$%^!

But seriously, I rather like the changes. The part about adding new spells along the way to make up for not having to go back to train sounds titillating. Spirit change is welcome, I missed there being a difference between "healing" and "dps" gear. And the arpen and def changes aren't even that bad. Seems as though certain classes have way too many "caps" to juggle around, and until they hit all of them, they really aren't that effective. Ap and Sp changes remind me of wc3, all I have to say about that.

Overall, I'm cool with cata. Moreso the fact that we get new skills/spells/talents, rather than the changes to gear...which are big in their own right, but really...who cares? Easier itemization is easier. (and with that new tradeskill, no more dkpbombing on a sidegrade because there's 50 other pieces that are almost completely identical with 1 or 2 better stat differences)

I'm not sure if i like my hitcap changing.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

15+ Year Old Account

Speaking as a Vanilla player Warrior MT.

Can't. Wait.