Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Stat & System Changes

Quote Originally Posted by bregtan
    So, they simplify stats and makes things less messy.

Then they completely mess up hit rating by making the hit cap change for every tier of content!? wtf?

Now:
    Guild chat: "What's the hit cap for my class?"

After:
    Guild chat:
    "What's the hit cap?"
    "Depends..."
    "Huh?"
    "In T11 content, it is 567. in T12 content it's 622, in T13 it is 666..."
    "So, I need to have one set of gear for each content with different hit caps? "
    "Yep. And remember to switch around depending on what instance you go to"
    "Great. Glad they simplified stats"
    THIS!!! People QQing that starts are too easy, you're fucking retarded. You'll have to "remath" all of your gear each tier now, and have sets to max dps in tiers below your gear. Pretty sure all "theorycrafting" is NOT dead. >_>:

Quote Originally Posted by Miatela
    All I can say to the above is, yuck. That is a horrific solution and will only lead to the encouragement of wearing any piece of your gear type. At least Blizzard will be effectively bringing in their own Gear Score system with Mastery. The more Mastery you have the better your gear for your spec.

It still doesn't solve the issue of places on loot tables for only one spec out of 30.
    An ele shaman wearing resto mail is better than the same shaman wearing cloth. Tbh it's a win if they can persuade people to stay in their own armor class.

Quote Originally Posted by Linuilas

So removing attack power will make you actually use the items that you're supposed to be using? Having plate wearers using agi gear was a cock up from the stat bloating that came about in TBC and WotLK and is something Blizzard want to stop. Suffice to say plate gear will have plenty of stats on them to increase your dps and we won't have the ridiculous situation of plate wearers taking gear off feral druids and rogues.
    Yes, we won't be taking leather because we will be forced to not. Is this an option - NO.

And how is that up to blizzard to decide what am I supposed to wear and what not?

Maybe they should add a requirement to roll only male characters if you are male and vice verse, cuz they think is what you are supposed to be doing?

yeah let's add more rules to the game, man that will make it more fun

Playing a game while having different gearing options makes so much more fun and makes you think more which adds complexity which is also more fun.

Now they are just completely ruining that.

Quote Originally Posted by Brookes
    never know, the only limitation thus far is that you can't turn stam into dps stats. dump 60 crit and 50 haste for 110more str (obviously different numbers but you see the idea)
    I would enjoy reforging back into strength.

Deleted

TBH I like all of this I can't complain AT ALL. ;D

Deleted

An ele shaman wearing resto mail is better than the same shaman wearing cloth. Tbh it's a win if they can persuade people to stay in their own armor class.
    Even if those stats are sub-par? This is an issue I am seeing all too much of, class X using a piece for their class which has incorrect itemization for their spec. Hopefully, Blizzard will have considered this and will make adjustments as required.

Healing paladins and shaman will benefit more from Spirit than they do currently
    Does this mean we will not have the same spirit to mana regen ratio as druids and priests ? Seriously ?

This seriously disgusts me. They want everything available to everyone and everything to be easier. Its fun deciding what gear to get and what might be better. I don't want to automatically look at gear for 2 seconds and be able to say, "That is better, 100% sure, no questioning it." Stats in this game are not complicated. I'm sorry, but if you think that it's complicated, then your bad, or have never talked to anybody about your class. I knew what I needed of my stats and what was good before any patches usually come out, or right after a patch.
    If anything, this is making the game LESS fun imo...
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay
    "..We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity.." - H.P. Lovecraft.
    Awesome Rave Blog ------> http://www.fuckyeahhumans.blogspot.com/ <------ Awesome Rave Blog
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...leigh/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest
    Maybe he is taking things positively even as a vanilla player, because you know, not every vanilla player is a whiny twat.

The changes are interesting, very interesting. And for all those vanilla, tbc and even wotlk players, who think the game is being dumb down without knowing 90% of the changes, gear ilvl, hit/exp caps, talents tree, glyphs, path of the titans, addition of new spells, changes to current spells (blizz said there will be a few changes there aswell) and doung the raid/pvp content itself, how can you decided the game is dumbed down?

Removal of extensive use of spreadsheets or rawr does not mean the game is being dumbed down. How can you be so sure that all the theory crafting will become useless? Blizz said they are not removing theory crafting from the game, it will still exist. But they want people to spend more in game then on some websit/program/

How can you be so sure what stat you have to go for as a demo lock? You can stack int, mastery, haste, crit, get hit capped. Or how can you be so sure what is the best build for you? Even though blizz said they want most builds like "spend the rest 5-10 points where you want," does not mean people won't learn the basic talent build for every specc.
    Thanks for your answer, I'm sure the person I originally asked appreciates you answering for him. I simply want to know what about the changes his Warr MT likes.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimraven
    Yes, we won't be taking leather because we will be forced to not. Is this an option - NO.

And how is that up to blizzard to decide what am I supposed to wear and what not?

Maybe they should add a requirement to roll only male characters if you are male and vice verse, cuz they think is what you are supposed to be doing?

yeah let's add more rules to the game, man that will make it more fun

Playing a game while having different gearing options makes so much more fun and makes you think more which adds complexity which is also more fun.

I agree that having open options is fun; however, it is a little more than ridiculous when you see a warrior in half leather gear with his explanation being, "i saw arpen and went for it!"
    IIRC, warriors wear plate, and when they prefer lower classes, something's obviously wrong, which is what they're fixing.
    And who are they to decide what you gear for? Not really sure how to answer that...but...they're the people who decide what you gear for. I understand that you're trying to fuel some hate machine here, but realistically they're making changes that will benefit everyone, no matter how much rage you spout.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalman
    This seriously disgusts me. They want everything available to everyone and everything to be easier. Its fun deciding what gear to get and what might be better. I don't want to automatically look at gear for 2 seconds and be able to say, "That is better, 100% sure, no questioning it." Stats in this game are not complicated. I'm sorry, but if you think that it's complicated, then your bad, or have never talked to anybody about your class. I knew what I needed of my stats and what was good before any patches usually come out, or right after a patch.
    120% agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Miatela
    Even if those stats are sub-par? This is an issue I am seeing all too much of, class X using a piece for their class which has incorrect itemization for their spec. Hopefully, Blizzard will have considered this and will make adjustments as required.
    Indeed, which is hopefully what reforging will do, tweaking sub-par stats to your liking is certainly going to be interesting. Making your gear a little more customizable, coupled with mastery, should keep people happy with their own armor class.

120% agreed
    you fed the troll! :-X

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalon
    Does this mean we will not have the same spirit to mana regen ratio as druids and priests ? Seriously ?
    No, you will have the same. Currently, priests and druids glean the most from Spirit. Shaman and Paladin gain very little at the moment and so any change will likely pull them to the next current value which would be in-line with Druids and Priests. Just be happy about your access to 3 (Shaman) and 4(Paladin) armour types for healing with only a loss of Mastery.

This shit just makes the game so much easier for the 10 year old players who destroy the game. Clap clap clap Blizzard, GJ once again.

Saronite Bomb: Use: Inflicts 1150 to 1500 Fire damage to targets in a 10 yard radius. This explosive is powerful enough to cause moderate siege damage. (1 Min Cooldown) If used against the Lich King, can cause ban. (72h cooldown)

Holy shit, the sky is falling...!!

Oh, wait.. what? Blizzard stat change?

/head explodes

Deleted

Indeed, which is hopefully what reforging will do, tweaking sub-par stats to your liking is certainly going to be interesting. Making your gear a little more customizable, coupled with mastery, should keep people happy with their own armor class.
    Or confuse the issue of gearing to even worse than it is now. "You want this Cloth piece with Hit as your best in slot healing gear. Yes, you lose Mastery but if you Reforge these two stats into these other two its better than anything designed from you". I'm hoping things will become easier but I feel that things could get incredibly awkward unless Blizzard have a very precise plan and do not deviate from it.

Any change in content progression could lead to the introduction of pieces with spellpower on them to differentiate as better gear and soon we fall back into the same gear issues we apparently have just now (the only one I can think of being Spellpower plate).

Quote Originally Posted by Graviteh
    THIS IS WHAT I WANTED IN RAID DESIGN EVER SINCE I STARTED WOW. Very good.
    No kidding. I'm so annoyed at how much Hit is on ICC gear and how utterly useless that stat is because you only need a marginal amount.

Deleted

Noone's forcing you to do anything, you can still take as much leather gear as you like come Cata. The only thing that's changing is that discrepancy of plate wearing dps classes being forced to use leather dps gear rather than plate will have been resolved. Or do you really think that forcing plate wearers to pick up leather gear because of bad stat itemization is really a better solution?

Errr because it's their game? And because they decide the itemization of gear? I fail to see how your argument that they'll be "forcing" you to wear plate items is any different from the current situation where you're "forced" to wear leather gear.

Making your own armour class more appealing to you doesn't mean you have fewer gearing options. If you're picking up leather gear now then you're obviously passing over plate gear that you have decided is sub-optimal for your class/spec so in reality you don't have any more gearing options now. Sure you can pick up plate gear to bide you over until you can get your hands on the leather gear you want but that doesn't mean you've had more choice, and there's nothing in Cata that will stop you doing similar until you get the gear you do want (which then just be plate rather than leather).

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalman
    Noone is saying that everyone will be able to look at gear for 2 seconds and be able to say without a doubt whether or not it's a definite upgrade, but Blizz want it to be the case that you can look at an item and decide that without having to go and plug all the details into a simulator or spreadsheet to get the answer. And to be honest for all the talk about the fun and decisions to be made about what gear to get the vast majority of people just go places like here or elitistjerks and either get a list of gear to aim for or ask people what they should get (who then usually answer from a list they got from a website/forum).

I love how a lot of people are QQing about subpar stats being the only ones available to reforge to, when they're actually talking about how they're subpar for WotLK. Last I checked, WotLK isn't Cataclysm. I'd better double check my install version though, this much QQ can't be wrong... can it?