Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Cataclysm Stat & System Changes

stupid stupid stupid if you don't understand that stats as they are now then quit playing bo blizz you suck
    My pew pew makes you qq

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius
    For sake of space, I won't quote, but the guy 2 posts above me has got the idea. Simplification of what stats you want shouldn't be a huge factor of the game itself and how fun it is. Would you rather:

A. Take out a spreadsheet for every piece of gear that drops, and have extreme balance issues every time Blizzard changes a class and all those complicated stats change the stats making the class OP/Nerfed unexpectedly.

B. Not have to worry about gear as much and enjoy the game, and leave more time for blizzard to make content, in-turn allowing for more "fun".

In short, gear choice shouldn't be a part of the games difficulty, that just sounds outrageously stupid. The difficulty should be in the action it's self.

EDIT: The guy below me has the picture.
    I and many others find precision gearing and item research one of the most fun parts of the game. I play many RPG's and can honestly say the best part of them is character advancement and trying to perfect your character/s. That's why people play RPG's I thought, to gradually develop something over a period of time while following a story or whatever.

Gear choices not being part of the games difficulty makes no sense. It means it requires no reasoning, intelligence or knowledge when deciding on how to gear your character. Knowledge is power, knowing something someone else doesn't about how to make your character better is an advantage you can gain on someone else through experience.

Make it so everyone knows whats the best removes all choice since there is no choice as everyone knows whats the best...

If I could interject... aren't there already 10 year olds playing the game? And making stat changes makes the population of 10 year olds go up how? And wouldn't making the game easier make those 10 year olds better and more tolerable? Your logic is flawed, next idiot?
    I'm fairly certain that the 10 year olds have a far better grasp of gear and RPGesque stats than most 50 year olds. Perhaps this change was really done to bring in all the grandparents who are otherwise put off by trying to figure out arp?

good now i dont have to sit there wondering if every plate dps thing is either going to hurt me or make me better.

also later tier raid mobs being harder to hit?

FUCK YES BLIZZ YOU ROCK
    Gear = Skill, didn't you guys get the memo?

Quote Originally Posted by gyoz
    stupid stupid stupid if you don't understand that stats as they are now then quit playing bo blizz you suck
    stupid stupid stupid if you don't understand why changes happen then you should stop posting in these threads.

See what I did there?

Yaay, a big blue about cata... Wait, there's nothing new...

Also about itemization, will they do something about melee dps daggers and intellect plate? Currently, only one spec of all the 30 possible specs are using them, and I see that shit dropping from every single boss. Seriously, every single ret and prot paladin in our guild have better healing gear than I do simply because we only have 1 full time holy paladin and holy plate gear drops all the fucking time. Also, since all of our rogues are combat (I guess it's the dominant spec for rogues in 3.3), every goddamn melee dps dagger will be sharded.

aftr reading that post i realised 1 thing: if u know ur class and spec and hav been gearing, gemmin, enchanting the right way u wont feel a difrance, but for all those plate wearers that uses agi gear i wish u all good luck.thats what u get for stealing gear

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

I hope Blizzard knows what they're doing, it just seems from many of their actions that they want to appeal more towards newbies, but come on, its not eve online ffs, I dont get how much more ez you have to make the game.

The next step after cataclysm is getting rid of all those needless skills and abilities...

Next expansion will be for PS3 and four button mashers...

I'm excited about the changes. Can't wait to see how it actually affects my characters.
    It also seems so many people here missed their calling. They shouldn't have been gamers, but accountants since they like numbers and math so much.

I forsee many MANY nerfs because of pvp that will affect pve to the point that it becomes stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah View Post
    Congratulations to Egypt, who after many wipes over a very long raid lasting most of the week, resulting in some very close attempts earlier this morning, has finally downed Mub'arak, earning a tribute to insanity. Now that they have completed trial, will Paragon beat them to the punch in ICC? Only time will tell. According to a very credible source, some of the loots included liberty, freedom of speech, and, most importantly, the internets.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by edgeofthecosmos
    I hope Blizzard knows what they're doing, it just seems from many of their actions that they want to appeal more towards newbies, but come on, its not eve online ffs, I dont get how much more ez you have to make the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karnage[B
    ]
    The next step after cataclysm is getting rid of all those needless skills and abilities...

Next expansion will be for PS3 and four button mashers...

ffs, Gear choice shouldn't even BE part of the games difficulty, but the game it's self should be the heart of what makes it hard. And still no one has downed 25 LK Heroic, but plenty have downed 10 man LK normal, because that IS easy and is for the casuals. There is a lot more content for casuals than in vanilla, but there still is just as much for the hardcore elitist player to achieve.

Gear choice should have no bearing on difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Sazbi
    I forsee many MANY nerfs because of pvp that will affect pve to the point that it becomes stupid
    How so?
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Hague
    I and many others find precision gearing and item research one of the most fun parts of the game. I play many RPG's and can honestly say the best part of them is character advancement and trying to perfect your character/s. That's why people play RPG's I thought, to gradually develop something over a period of time while following a story or whatever.

Gear choices not being part of the games difficulty makes no sense. It means it requires no reasoning, intelligence or knowledge when deciding on how to gear your character. Knowledge is power, knowing something someone else doesn't about how to make your character better is an advantage you can gain on someone else through experience.

Make it so everyone knows whats the best removes all choice since there is no choice as everyone knows whats the best...
    This isn't going to go away, min-maxing will still exist and people who are into this side of the game will no doubt still have plenty of things to get all excited about and discuss at length. What will change however is average joe will be able to make some decisions himself without having to delve into a simulator/spreadsheet or have someone else tell him what gear to get.

I like the changes.
    Finally they redesign the messed up itemization once and for all for a few classes, while this had a little bit of charm back in early Karazhan days, there was no proper solution for the problem.
    By "dumbing down" the stat system there will be no depth lost in terms of TC, it will just become less annoying to break down combat ratings on the fly. There will still be min-maxing of course, since there is enough depth in all those intellect conversions and stuff.
    Looking forward to get more informations on the whole topic, I hope the beta is coming soon

10+ Year Old Account

Some encouraging changes... some not so much (like Spirit being removed from raid buffs, wtf?)... I guess we will just have to see how it all plays out... It will be interesting to see what happens with all the gear in the Pre-Cataclysm patch, especially with Spirit becoming worthless to dps casters and so many cloth pieces that dps casters use have it... Including pieces that are restricted to just those classes...

Fucking retarded tanking changes.
    "Marking targets, coordinating CC, and *most importantly*, pulling responsibly so that 9 elites didn't rush us and wipe the party. I'm sorry, but those skills, entirely missing now in WotLK, are the real signs of skill and ability to tank effectively."

10+ Year Old Account

Funny how a significant amount of purely quality-of-life improvements into the game, such as spells scaling by level, and tank defense caps from talents, get labeled as "making the game easier."

There is no logic in saying this. These things were never hard. Only uselessly clunky.

Smoothness FTW. 8)
    Nakkiz of Memento <EU-Frostwhisper>

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Bowen
    Fucking retarded tanking changes.
    Why are they retarded?

at then end when they talk about the "nonsensical items" such as "of the Boar" i always thought those items to be more like DE fodder i mean you see useless stats but an enchanter sees mats
    Would you still hold me if I were covered in blood?

What if they deserved it?

What if they didn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Aroam
    I'm excited about the changes. Can't wait to see how it actually affects my characters.
    This.

Except the "less mana gained from int" change.

I like having an outrageously large mana pool as a Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by 420rogue View Post
    rawrrrr, i decided to make a new toon and now i can't get into the game....
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyth View Post
    this is the dumbest person i have ever seen.