Page 74 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by myriandore View Post
    yeah i know was trying things out and logged off like that. had given up getting an answer from here since my previous post got overlooked and the above convo was going on and on. cheers for answering anyhow
    As far as I can tell, that is the only thing based on your gear, spec and glyphs that could use improvement (in my opinion). If you still feel that you could do better, post/link a combat log and people will be able to tell you where you can improve in combat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nevers09 View Post
    UW that does 1.9k weapon damage
    see, when blizz try fix things, they just make things worse. UW was 680 wep dmg, they "nerfed" it to 1.9k AP but didnt change the tooptip. last weeks hot"bugger things up again"fix knackered the tool tip which now says 1.9k wep dmg making it look like and uber buff, but alas this isnt the case, and as masterN said, its trash.

For me it allways feels kind of wasted, when going over 5% hit/exp, as trashmobs are lvl 85 only - most of the time. With 379ilvl I have over 2000haste rating and 1400mastery rating. And no stats are being wasted when I'm hitting lvl85's.

I prefer setting askmisterrobot to hit/exp preset and change the exp hardcap to 0.051 while having hit on 0.05 (as the exp has to be slightly above the softcap to get the last 0,25%).

Anyone else who prefers the softcapp?

Dashui - Eredar EU
    Last edited by Dashui; 2011-09-06 at 08:42 AM. Reason: add question

Until a log is posted, pretty much all that can be said is the following:

Change barkskin glyph to glyph of ferocious bite.
    Change the dodge / stamina gem in belt to 40 agility.
    You're only using 2 Delicate Chimera'a Eyes. Put the 3rd one in you relic slot.
    Quote Originally Posted by 25165453757
    I am excite

Deleted
    Any advice for me? Bare in mind I used Reforgelite to reforge my gear, but I made sure I was hit/exp capped to an extent as I should hopefully be getting my 4 piece T12 bonus this raid reset. Any help is appreciated.

My toons name is Gurndruid. Realm is Arathor on the EU.

(I can't post links until I post a few more times)

I appear to have sent a few "quick replys" as I'm not familiar with posting on the MMOchamp forums, sorry if it sent it to anyone.

Edit: I've had a quick look over and I will be deleting the Reforgelite addon when I get home and re-reforging everything by hand as I've noticed a few errors.
    Last edited by mmoc7aabacaeef; 2011-09-06 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurndawg View Post
    Any advice for me? Bare in mind I used Reforgelite to reforge my gear, but I made sure I was hit/exp capped to an extent as I should hopefully be getting my 4 piece T12 bonus this raid reset. Any help is appreciated.

My toons name is Gurndruid. Realm is Arathor on the EU.

(I can't post links until I post a few more times)

I appear to have sent a few "quick replys" as I'm not familiar with posting on the MMOchamp forums, sorry if it sent it to anyone.

I personally don't see Bethi'lac legs as viable choice of gear untill HC raggy t12 head and HC legs, as i see shannox is on farm so hc t12 legs beats bethi'lac normal by far, also since you killed Ryloth hc-head is pre raggyHC bis head. Gear looks fine at this point counting you are near 4t12. And recheck 1st page of cat guide to see list of bis items it will tel you quite a lot.
    Ah and 1 more thing aim to have haste as highest stat especially for matrix proc since (from my pov that is) crit proc is crap

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Macor View Post
    I personally don't see Bethi'lac legs as viable choice of gear untill HC raggy t12 head and HC legs, as i see shannox is on farm so hc t12 legs beats bethi'lac normal by far, also since you killed Ryloth hc-head is pre raggyHC bis head. Gear looks fine at this point counting you are near 4t12. And recheck 1st page of cat guide to see list of bis items it will tel you quite a lot.
    Ah and 1 more thing aim to have haste as highest stat especially for matrix proc since (from my pov that is) crit proc is crap
    Thanks, yea I'm only using the Beth legs until this weeks Shannox kill for my HC Teir legs, and the Hc Ryolth head didn't drop so I'm stuck with the raggy one till it does . As far as the HC Cyclone trinket goes, I'm still waiting on my Major Domo trinket - (I also go for haste>crit )

I had haste as top priority (second only to the hit/exp caps) but that reforgelite addon seemed to just change everything it could to cost me more money, so it's getting trashed when I get home :3.

As for the BiS items, I will get a look asap Thanks!

Deleted
    Thanks for the feed back.

Now I was wondering why:
    Masternewbie do you change exp / hit / haste values to 2 in wowreforge?

And also why:
    Do I get 960 / 7.99% hit and 781 / 6.50% (26.01) expertise on my wow char sheet...
    Whereas in game on char sheet it says 7.44% hit and 25 expertise

Quote Originally Posted by Dashui View Post
    For me it allways feels kind of wasted, when going over 5% hit/exp, as trashmobs are lvl 85 only - most of the time. With 379ilvl I have over 2000haste rating and 1400mastery rating. And no stats are being wasted when I'm hitting lvl85's.

I prefer setting askmisterrobot to hit/exp preset and change the exp hardcap to 0.051 while having hit on 0.05 (as the exp has to be slightly above the softcap to get the last 0,25%).

Anyone else who prefers the softcapp?

Dashui - Eredar EU
    Unfortunately, where dps matters, mobs are generally 87 or 88.

Got my tier helm and rag trinket last night so figured I would throw myself to the sharks to make sure I'm still doing it right Also...ya'll getting crit proc all the time for the restabilizer? Maybe that will change when I'm in a raid as I only tested it on a dummy so far. Also, ignore the missing helm enchant, I'm buying it as we speak :P

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Avenn/advanced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterNewbie View Post
    I used wowreforge.com (I am not the only one who uses it here). No guide as far as I know, but it is fairly simple to use, in my opinion. The only thing you'd need to do is change the stat weights (I put haste/hit/exp all at 2 and left mastery and crit at their defaults).
    Why? Not a maths genius, thanks for the explanation :>

Quote Originally Posted by MasterNewbie View Post
    Unfortunately, where dps matters, mobs are generally 87 or 88.
    But these mobs are single target fights, where hit/exp doesn't matter as much as while using swipe. AoE packs with swipe spam are 85, or did I forgett any 87+? As in single target fights the stat weight is nearly the same, I would waste these "over-softcap" points while bombing. If I stay on 5% I wouldn't waste any resources on swiping lvl85s.
    Last edited by Dashui; 2011-09-06 at 06:01 PM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Avenn View Post
    Also...ya'll getting crit proc all the time for the restabilizer? Maybe that will change when I'm in a raid as I only tested it on a dummy so far.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Avenn/advanced
    Being in a raid won't change what proc you get. The proc is entirely based on how much rating you have of either stat. At the moment, you have 1393 mastery, 1497 crit and 1157 haste. The only way to change your proc is to change your reforging setup.

Why? Not a maths genius, thanks for the explanation :>
    Those numbers are completely arbitrary. The default numbers prioritize haste/mastery. I changed the values of haste/expertise/hit due to their personal value (person was seeking guaranteed haste proc on matrix, and retaining hit/exp caps).

Quote Originally Posted by Dashui View Post
    But these mobs are single target fights, where hit/exp doesn't matter as much as while using swipe. AoE packs with swipe spam are 85, or did I forgett any 87+? As in single target fights the stat weight is nearly the same, I would waste these "over-softcap" points while bombing. If I stay on 5% I wouldn't waste any resources on swiping lvl85s.
    Hit/exp doesn't benefit only swipe. It also benefits 4T12. If you don't have it yet, I suppose it's ok, but to get the most out of 4T12 on a boss fight you generally will need hit/exp caps or close to them. Even if you don't have 4T12, hit/expertise still have value on a boss fight.
    Last edited by MasterNewbie; 2011-09-06 at 10:47 PM.

Right, I understand that. I was hoping with raid buffs (specifically the haste) maybe I would get enough to get something else. I'm assuming instead that only occurs when lust is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenn View Post
    Right, I understand that. I was hoping with raid buffs (specifically the haste) maybe I would get enough to get something else. I'm assuming instead that only occurs when lust is up.
    No, the matrix proc is based solely on rating. Raid buffs do not increase haste rating, mastery rating or crit rating (i.e. 10% haste is just 10% haste, it doesn't provide ~1200 haste rating for the equivalent of 10% haste). Your raid buffed ratings will be the same as the non-raid buffed ratings, so matrix will always proc crit unless you change around gems/enchants/reforges.
    Last edited by MasterNewbie; 2011-09-07 at 04:12 AM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    yo kitties,, im bear main spec but i get to go kitty for ryo and domo and sometimes baleroc so could ya check mah gear n advise if i need to reforge or anyfink as im not as pro kitty as i used to be cos i tank too much and cos i dont kitty much i cant seem to tell what set up or trinkets work better ;p,, ive got t12 4 set but need it for bear as we doing rag heroic now.. also i have rickets fireball, fluid death, unheeded warning as extra trinkies but atm im using ancient seed macroed to tigers fury (and another macro for synapse and TF) and heroic priestors talisman.. any advise would be great cheers. currently popping around 18k odd sometimes more or less depending how fight and procs go on domo and bale if that helps.. anyways eres my armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eline/advanced
    cheers
    Last edited by invader; 2011-09-09 at 10:16 AM.
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

picked up my 4-set this week but wouldn't mind some advice.

as you can see from my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Bampot/simple

...I have had zero luck with trinkets, shoulder and neck. I'll have the valor points on wednesday for either neck or 2nd ring, however I cannot get Mew to calculate my stat weights and I'm not sure which is the bigger upgrade given the raw agility on the PvP neck.

I can also buy the 384 Weapon from PvP this week and I would like to know if the ~200 change to weapon damage is worth dropping the secondary stats for, my gut says possibly.

and lastly, when biting (usually only during BL/Execute) I am pooling energy to 50 (25 with omen of clarity), but with the 4-set bonus am I best to drop low energy 5cp bites during Berserk?

Quote Originally Posted by crabmousse View Post
    picked up my 4-set this week but wouldn't mind some advice.

as you can see from my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Bampot/simple

...I have had zero luck with trinkets, shoulder and neck. I'll have the valor points on wednesday for either neck or 2nd ring, however I cannot get Mew to calculate my stat weights and I'm not sure which is the bigger upgrade given the raw agility on the PvP neck.
    Mew is not calculating RSVs for you because the calculation isn't enabled (creators switched the default setting, for a reason). I don't have the time to sit down and calculate using generic 4T12 weights whether or not the valor neck is better (I'd be willing to bet it is better, if not, comparable to the 384 pvp neck). I would recommend trying to get the Ancient Petrified Seed trinket.
    I can also buy the 384 Weapon from PvP this week and I would like to know if the ~200 change to weapon damage is worth dropping the secondary stats for, my gut says possibly.
    There supposedly are only 378 and 391 weapons available from the PvP vendors. The weapon damage in itself is irrelevant, you will want to look at the weapon dps, you gain ~96 weapon dps, 52 agi, but losing approximately 230 secondary stats. The additions noticeably outweigh the losses if you are looking at the 391.

and lastly, when biting (usually only during BL/Execute) I am pooling energy to 50 (25 with omen of clarity), but with the 4-set bonus am I best to drop low energy 5cp bites during Berserk?
    With 4T12, you should be dropping FBs when appropriate (when rip and savage roar aren't an issue), regardless of your energy. You could shred to lower the amount of energy it uses, but then you just lost those CPs when you are trying to go for another berserk extension after your FB and effectively lost a second available to extend the duration.

Deleted
    Picked up 4set last night, just wondering if im doing it right, if you guys wouldnt mind looking at it, taht would be great, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by InadequatelyDrunk View Post
    Picked up 4set last night, just wondering if im doing it right, if you guys wouldnt mind looking at it, taht would be great, thanks
    Looking just fine, altho i would suggest 50exp on hands(enchant) and drop reforge from lets say hands that should bring you near exact rating( on armory you have 803 atm and exact nbr is 781...or it was 761 ) , but that is just personal tho so i might be wrong.
    I personally run with 763~25exp(dunno why its buggy on armory sheet and show's 23 exp) and near 8% hit 7,79% to be exact and i don't have any hit/dodge problems.