Page 83 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Two things. First, raid buffs. If you don't have them when you test, it doesn't necessarily extend to a raid situation (unless in the raid situation you don't have those buffs, in which case you should try to get them). Secondly, reforging options will not cause a huge (read: 1200) dps variation. If I were to guess it would be a rotation issue causing the disparity.

I ran it by Mew (higher than 378 though) and the haste getup had about a 200 dps advantage over the mastery set up while self-buffed. That would enforce the idea that your rotation is off slightly.

What is your armory? With that we can look further into the issue.

Deleted
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ragnaros/Pashbash/simple

i went for the full mastery option which a person kindly told me to do earlier in this read, but would like other peoples opinions on my stats etc..

this is my offspec atm but hopefully making it my main very soon!

do around 23-25k on the hc dummy is that bad or what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Second star to the right, and straight on till morning
    Shift: On a static fight, with no target swapping/movement, Haste should pull ahead of mastery.

The real answer to your question however, is that there is no one right answer to it. It really comes down to playstyle, reaction times, raid comp, and the moon's effect on tides. Our secondary stats are so similiar, it doesn't really matter what you do (just don't stat crit, at least not before anything else).

I run with a Mastery>Haste>Crit (after Hit/Exp cap) set up. I'm not amazing, or in the best guild, but it works for me. I've ranked on every fight so far this tier (minus H-Rag, as we're still failing miserably at that), but thats as much my guildies all pulling out the stops as my DPS. A mastery heavy build is a little more forgiving, and doesn't immediatley begin to lose value with time off target (it actually drastically increases).

TL;DR: do whatever feels the most correct for you, the various options are amazingly close in value.

*Edit: Here's my armory if you're interested at all: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/destromath/Doc/advanced
    Last edited by DockyWocky; 2011-10-11 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Adding Armory Link

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pashbash View Post

i went for the full mastery option which a person kindly told me to do earlier in this read, but would like other peoples opinions on my stats etc..

this is my offspec atm but hopefully making it my main very soon!

do around 23-25k on the hc dummy is that bad or what?
    If you're going for a mastery heavy setup, please just get rid of hit/expertise as they won't be as good for you. Go with mastery >> haste >= crit >> exp >= hit. You could easily get up to 2617 mastery rating that way, while also going up to 1954 haste rating.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2011-10-11 at 07:23 AM.

Deleted
    thanks for the quick reply

is this the best option for my gear? as in will this produce the most dps?

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Shattered-Halls/seinted/advanced

Ive had a big change in gear the past few weeks and have been running a heavy mastery setup after hit/exp cap. I understand the logic in not needing to hit/exp cap if running mastery, but I do like the comfort of it for a solid rotation and any aoe'ing I might need to take care of. Just wondering if a haste heavy setup would be most optimal in my current gear. I find my matrix proccing after my hungerer quite often. Not entirely sure if thats exactly what I want though, even if its out of my control.

Another issue is the issue of primal Madness. I see plenty of druids taking it and plenty not. I saw that there was a bug, but it had been fixed. I have never taken it personally and though it might be a "slight" dps gain, is it still all around worth it?

On average encounters my shred is my number one dmg ability, followed by rip, then rake or melee. Not sure if that helps any.

Any help on these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pashbash View Post
    thanks for the quick reply

is this the best option for my gear? as in will this produce the most dps?
    Yep.. As long as you aren't using 4T12 bonus, mastery will be best.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kdecker/simple

What i want to know is: what is wrong in my gear and with this gear is normally i lose to this Rogue (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...adpally/simple) at ragnaros 10m N ? i did 9kk damage and he did 10.5kk

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdecker View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kdecker/simple

What i want to know is: what is wrong in my gear and with this gear is normally i lose to this Rogue (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...adpally/simple) at ragnaros 10m N ? i did 9kk damage and he did 10.5kk

Thanks.
    Your hand enchant should be +65 mastery. That is the only thing I see that is incorrect. Potential reasons why he is out damaging you: 1) he has 4T12, you do not; 2) he has better gear than you. Do you have a combat log available?

that Rogue is outgearing you pretty heavily. the iLevel difference isn't too wide but I like to think of there being several factors that improve your DPS from one tier to the next (stat inflation from changing ilevel of gear, mainhand weapon, 2/4-set bonus).which you're falling behind on. although you're 382 to his 384, his 391 Mainhand, Rag trinket and 4-set, combined with Rogue's naturally higher simmed DPS will put him ahead of you if played equally.

Deleted

i now have 4set

can someone help me with my reforging ?
    Last edited by mmocc4151799e3; 2011-10-12 at 05:55 AM.

Deleted
    Head : Hit -> Expertise
    Neck : Mastery -> Hit
    Shoulders : Hit -> Haste
    Chest : Expertise -> Hit
    Waist : Hit -> Expertise
    Legs : Mastery -> Expertise
    Feet : Mastery -> Expertise
    Wrists : Crit -> Hit
    Hands : Crit -> Expertise
    Widow's Kiss : Mastery -> Hit
    Exalted ring : Mastery -> Expertise
    Trinket : Mastery -> Haste
    Back : Hit -> Expertise
    Weapon : Crit -> Haste
    Relic : Crit -> Expertise

You should end up at 946 hit, 758 exp, 1526 haste.

Hey,

changed my long time twink to main and am now kindly requesting your opinion/suggestions.
    eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/baelgun/Doorknocker/advanced

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    New toys, could use an extra pair of eyes to help me check over my reforging for maximized secondaries.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Sarad/advanced

(I know about needing mastery for hands, don't have the mats for it yet. Spec's weird because I run a hybrid for FL)

Once I get the rep for APS, which would be better to take out --- Prestor's?
    Zongxian (Brewmaster) Nimai (Holy) Israa (Kitty) ßlossom (Enhance) Aevera (Prot)
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz - ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3 - XFX Radeon HD 7970@1GHz - 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance (1600MHz) - 2x OCZ AgilityIII 128GB + 2x Samsung Spinpoint 1TB - Coolermaster HAF 932
    Razer BlackWidow Ultimate (2012), Logitech G13, Logitech G700, Astro A50.

Deleted
    Heyho!

All guides that I read tell me, that I should go for hit/exp caps and haste after that with 4pc t12. Nevertheless, Askmrrobot AND rawr both still want me to reforge into crit/mastery. What am i doing wrong? Here my character:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...dwich/advanced

regards!

Heyas, I'm having the same issue as Schaendwich... I feel I should be going for hit/exp cap but RAWR is telling me different

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/icecrown/Fl%c3%b6rise/advanced

Thanks ahead of time. <3

Hey,

Anything you think needs changing ?

Amory: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/amanthul/Calbr%C3%ADn/advanced

Beaten by a rogue on H Shannox last night, Not sure what I'm doing wrong, anything you can suggest to improve on ?

WOL: ww.worldoflogs.com/reports/8z8qkgy64z83ve72/sum/damageDone/?s=2468&e=2755

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon859 View Post

Beaten by a rogue on H Shannox last night, Not sure what I'm doing wrong, anything you can suggest to improve on ?

WOL: ww.worldoflogs.com/reports/8z8qkgy64z83ve72/sum/damageDone/?s=2468&e=2755

Thanks
    he had about 4% of his damage as cleave from Blade Furry and about 1% more uptime so in terms of single target you would be ahead. your Rip uptime was 92.6% which could be improved. if you're looking to min-max you should run out and leap/ravage on cooldown, if you can manage your rage to time it so your Rake is refreshed during TF and you also are able to line that run out/leap/Ravage up then you could squeeze a couple hundred more DPS out.

edit - oh and you probably would have beaten him if you'd pre-potted
    Last edited by crabmousse; 2011-10-13 at 03:24 AM.

Is my gear in order ? should i be running higher haste than mastery ?, also when i break my 4set do i go back to mastery ?

thanks in advance

Deleted
    You could easily drop a little bit of hit/expertise, you are over the caps atm which means that some of your stats are contributing 0.0 to your dps. Hit/exp aren't that far ahead of other stats that you have to cap them no matter the sacrifice.

Try the following changes:

Head: Remove reforge
    Neck : Mastery -> Hit
    Shoulders : Mastery -> Expertise
    Back : Mastery -> Expertise
    Chest : Crit -> Hit
    Wrists : Crit -> Hit
    Waist: Remove reforge
    Legs : Mastery -> Haste
    Feet : Mastery -> Expertise
    Splintered Brimstone Seal : Mastery -> Expertise
    Weapon : Crit -> Hit
    Relic : Crit -> Expertise

Should take you to 863 hit, 759 expertise, 1396 haste, 1338 mastery and 934 crit.

And yep, once you get rid of 4T12, drop hit/expertise and go back to mastery.