Page 43 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ImortalDruid View Post
    well i cant c ur gear atm but i can comment on ur spec imo u should move 1 point outa feral swiftness and 2 points out of Improved leader of the pack into imp mangle other than that it is ok
    You are still in Moonkin gear. I would suggest not following the above advise. There is no reason to keep improved mangle as a feral dps now. While it does lower the cost of mangle a little we only ever need to apply it once a minute. The energy savings for 3 mangles over 3 minutes is so little it won't even add an extra shred. Also nerfing your speed in a raid is a bad thing. The faster you go the faster you get out of fire. Thats why folks often require tuskers on boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinderhoof View Post
    You are still in Moonkin gear. I would suggest not following the above advise. There is no reason to keep improved mangle as a feral dps now. While it does lower the cost of mangle a little we only ever need to apply it once a minute. The energy savings for 3 mangles over 3 minutes is so little it won't even add an extra shred. Also nerfing your speed in a raid is a bad thing. The faster you go the faster you get out of fire. Thats why folks often require tuskers on boots.
    well u obviously don't change targets much its good when there are multiple targets where u have to apply mangle much more frequently and if u need the extra 15% movement speed to get out of fire u are a bad player

Deleted
    30% more movement speed = 30% less time to get to your next target. this is one of our best dps talents on fights with target switching, so never drop it. Agree about the mangle tho, a lot of fights you're applying mangle a lot more than 1x per min, so it's better to drop points in feral aggression / ilotp / swipe instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be hesitant to drop swipe. It comes in handy quite often, such as Val'kyrs on LK.

Hey guys I'm extremely new to the feral DPS scene (just specced a couple days ago) and I haven't had a lot of time to really get my gear set straight. Let me know what needs to be changed/farmed for. Obviously ring and trinket are huge priorities for me atm.

I can't post links as a new member. Search Bregin on the Realm Akama. Horde side in CWMG

10+ Year Old Account
    For starters... ditch the trinket :P
    You figured that one out yourself, obviously. Anything else is better. A BM trinket, Greatness, ToC5 trinket, anything.

New shoulder enchant would help, there's craftable bracers or the cheap version in one of the ICC5 runs. You'll really want to change the chest soon (there's a non-set one in ICC10 that isn't half bad) and (as noted) try to look for a replacement for that strength ring. There's a decent one in (I think) Pit of Saron. I take it you're using the Ashen Verdict rep one for the Moonkin spec.

Even though you're well over exp cap, I'd still not advise you to go for the badge cloak. Get more t10 first. Grabbing the chest first wouldn't be a bad idea, if expensive. 2t9 makes the dps cycle a bit easier for now and your shoulders aren't that bad. You'll eventually want it anyway.

Specwise, personally I don't think Feral Aggression is a good choice for you. Yes, it's the highest single target DPS spec. However, there's two good reasons against it:
    1) You're mostly going to be in heroics / early ICC10 (which has a lot of targets for swipe)*
    2) You won't bite enough. If you do bite enough for it to be worthwhile, you're screwing up your DPS cycle at that gear level.

--

* Yes, I noticed the achievements, but you'll most likely either be doing the heroics as Moonkin or getting 'carried' a bit.
    Last edited by Duilliath; 2010-07-26 at 08:45 AM.

Hello, I have been following this thread for the last few weeks as I finished leveling my druid to 80. I cannot link my armory yet but my name is tryinmilkme on thunderhorn. I hit 80 this week but picked up some crafteds and badge pieces so far. I will have access to 11/12 icc 10 man and 7/12 DW not PP (server pugging 25 man not so good). I am in a small guild that has 11/12 10 man on farm. I know my cloak is a streangth one atm but it was better than the blue lvl 77 one i was leveling with. Also I have a nobles deck in my bag waiting on DM fair next sunday. I put beserking on my weapon because I had plenty of those mats, was going to put mongoose on once I get an icc weapon. What should my first purchases be with frost the T10 or get the cloak then go T10? I have 31 frost as of today and can farm the triuph ones pretty quickly. I am gemming towards the crit cap then I was going to gem for the arp cap.

Thank you in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Tryinmilkme View Post
    Hello, I have been following this thread for the last few weeks as I finished leveling my druid to 80. I cannot link my armory yet but my name is tryinmilkme on thunderhorn. I hit 80 this week but picked up some crafteds and badge pieces so far. I will have access to 11/12 icc 10 man and 7/12 DW not PP (server pugging 25 man not so good). I am in a small guild that has 11/12 10 man on farm. I know my cloak is a streangth one atm but it was better than the blue lvl 77 one i was leveling with. Also I have a nobles deck in my bag waiting on DM fair next sunday. I put beserking on my weapon because I had plenty of those mats, was going to put mongoose on once I get an icc weapon. What should my first purchases be with frost the T10 or get the cloak then go T10? I have 31 frost as of today and can farm the triuph ones pretty quickly. I am gemming towards the crit cap then I was going to gem for the arp cap.

Thank you in advance
    ok first thing ur spec is a bit messed up

try http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...00000000000000

second thing ignore hit cap its not that important for a kitty imo

next thing try and keep ur kitty crit at about 50% b4 gemming arp to the arp softcap wich is ~730

and me personaly i would go with

the herkumi war token first

then the cloak

then tier 2 set

then the 264 idol

then get the belt

then get the 4 set bonus and

use offset gloves is the best setup for t10

hope this advise has been a help and i apologize for any incorrect info i may have given u

Thanks for the feedback.

When you say kitty crit at 50% you are refering to in cat form not while still in caster form right?

I was shooting for 78% while in cat form b4 re-gemming for arp to 721 (1399-678 trinket proc). Is this incorrect?

Also the reason I was not going for the 264 trinket is because it seems most everyone replaces it with the 251 or 264 from ICC and I was trying to make sure my purchases were for pieces I would not likely replace. Thoughts??

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Tryinmilkme View Post
    Thanks for the feedback.

When you say kitty crit at 50% you are refering to in cat form not while still in caster form right?

I was shooting for 78% while in cat form b4 re-gemming for arp to 721 (1399-678 trinket proc). Is this incorrect?

Also the reason I was not going for the 264 trinket is because it seems most everyone replaces it with the 251 or 264 from ICC and I was trying to make sure my purchases were for pieces I would not likely replace. Thoughts??

Thanks again
    the frost trink is almost bis

yep u are right about 721 being soft cap and dw about crit too mach make sure its about 50% or more while in cat and u will be sweet

scroll up a bit and u will find a post with my armory link in it
    Last edited by ImortalDruid; 2010-07-26 at 07:31 PM.

Thanks again for the feedback.

I took a look at your spec and I can definatly see how yours would be better for dps. With that being said part of how I came up with mine was with the mindset of taking 3/3 in IW because feral druids are rare on my server so I would be the only one bringing the attack speed reduction in many cases. This was also the reason behind 2/2 in imp Leader of the Pack because we all try and make are specs around "best for the raid" not just our personal dps numbers. With that being said is there a better way to tweak my spec still keeping those 5 points there or is it an extreme dps loss for me being specced this way?

I see i could take the points out of swipe damage/prowling and the 1 filler point i put in imp healing to me and put those 3 in the reduced energy costs in the first tier?

Quote Originally Posted by ImortalDruid View Post
    and me personaly i would go with

the herkumi war token first

then the cloak

then tier 2 set

then the 264 idol

then get the belt

then get the 4 set bonus and

use offset gloves is the best setup for t10

hope this advise has been a help and i apologize for any incorrect info i may have given u
    This is a very poor route to take with your badge purchases. 4 piece Tier 10 is a HUGE upgrade in DPS (in the 1,000 range), and all feral Druids should make that their top priority. After you have 4 piece, you can concentrate on the other pieces.

the T10 4piece is the largest upgrade a feral can get it's ~1500dps and is top priority before even thinking of anything else. Based on previous things said by the person i would reccomend ignoring immortaldruid and waiting for responses from other people first to any future posters.

yo, was wondering if anyone had some suggestions about my spec/glyphs/gems. And curious if yall think i'm ready for ICC 10/25. Also wanted to know what you guys think my first frost purchase should be.

Cant Post any links yet so search "Stonewalld" on Frostmane US

Thanks for any info
    Last edited by Stonewalld; 2010-07-27 at 03:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewalld View Post
    yo, was wondering if anyone had some suggestions about my spec/glyphs/gems. And curious if yall think i'm ready for ICC 10/25. Also wanted to know what you guys think my first frost purchase should be.

Cant Post any links yet so search "Stonewalld" on Frostmane US

Thanks for any info
    For a feral Druid, whether cat or bear, your first frost purchase is one of the Tier 10 pieces (and your next 3 purchases are also tier 10 pieces). If you are a tank, don't get the chest, because there is a better off-set chest. For cats, we skip the gloves, because there is a better off-set pair of gloves in ICC. But you ALWAYS get the tier pieces first before any of the other frost badge items. Choosing which piece of tier gear just comes down to where your biggest upgrade will be. Once you have 4 pieces of tier 10, you can then start looking at the non-set pieces with your frost badges.

Deleted
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...n=Bachgencymro

please help assist me

Just thought i'd put about of info about my dps >< single target i get around 6500 7500 "raid buffed" dps not that great i no still have troubles keep up bleeds SR well trying to fit in a bite
    Last edited by mmoc8e13fe598c; 2010-07-28 at 03:41 AM.

Cool

i recommend an addon called feral by night it is an awesome tool for feral kitty's i first found out about this addon on elitist jerks

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...tails/fbn.aspx

there's the link the author has recently started updating it again witch is great

I agree FBN has helped me tremndously. I am thinking about adding a larger combo point addon though to make it easier to see.

I wouldn't rely on such mods that much tbh. I see so many new ferals relying on these addons to actually play their character for them, but when cataclysm hits most will be in for a shock.

Point I'm trying to make is, learn to dps purely by looking at debuffs / buffs. It's fairly hard to explain, but I'm sure most top ferals have their own little methods to dps rather than look at an addon that tells you how to play.

@Dannypoos

Quick check shows that you're far under the arpen cap to even make decent use of your NES. Try and aim towards the 700 mark.
    No shoulder enchant - Agi / cirt gems. Uh-oh.

A quick fix would be to gem everything to +20 ARP while maintaining your meta. It's going to be costly, but you'll notice the difference. If you do decide to go down this path, maximize your arp by munching on some Hearty Rhino to bring you closer to the NES cap.

Another solution to a fast dps boost would be dropped your Herbalism for somethign more raid worthy like JC'ing / BS'ing.

It's a bit of a shame you went for belt / gloves over T10, but try and make T10 your next choice.
    Last edited by Mushy; 2010-07-28 at 12:36 PM.

If this becomes a double post i apologize I made a reply but it didnt post.

Mushy, I agree staring at addons and not the environment is a bad idea for raiding but it does help new kitties learn the synergy of the class.

I have upgraded my gear a bit in the past week, I am sitting at 54% crit I believe now hit cap, 25 exp, So I was thinking as I upgrade my gear from here I should gem Arp instead of Agi until I get to the soft cap for my trinket. Does that sound about right? Also the 20 hit gem in my chest I put in when I first hit 80 and was way below hit cap, I will be replacign it with an Arp gem tonight. Next badge upgrades are going to be T10 helm in 50 badges (unless I get hands/legs from VOA next week then shoulders for 2 piece) for triumph badges I was thinking mirror of truth (damn banner from toc 5 never drops) and conquest waist? Should be running ICC startign this week.

Thanks again.