Page 45 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quite a few things that can be fixed:

You're missing a cloak enchant, should be 22 agi. Gloves enchant should be 20 agi, boots enchant should be icewalker. Weapon enchant should be berserking if it isn't already.

You shouln't be gemming 20haste gems yet; put 10agi+10haste gems in all your yellow sockets, and 34/20 arpen in all others (keep the nightmare tear where it is).

Try to get rid of the mirror of truth asap, it's an awful trinket. needle-encrusted scorpion from FoS H is the best you can easily get, tho other good upgrades for it are a darkmoon card:greatness (agi), banner of victory, or the meteorite whetstone from UK H (blue trinket).

If you got the emblems for it, get the T9 chest and gloves, the 2T9 bonus is quite good and will give you a nice dps boost until you can replace it with 4T10.

thank you for the quick reply Mihir, and thank you for the enlightment, yes weapon enchant is beserking already, also you're doing an outstanding job for the cat community i praise you for that =)

Hey Mihir,

Just ran across this thread and saw that a fellow kitty Whisperwind-ian also posted on here! (hi Pask!) =D

Reading over these posts I've already gotten a lot of good tips and such. I would love any advice/input you have for me!
    ww.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Whisperwind&cn=Rohara

Here is my guild's World of Logs page. (Didn't really have a raid this week...had some attendance issues)
    ww.worldoflogs.com/guilds/53569/calendar/07-10/

Thanks in advance!! =D

*edit*
    Being a newbie poster, it wouldn't let me post a full link, so I had to cut off the first "w", lol

Deleted
    eu.wowarmory(dot)com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aggramar&cn=Timerthy

Help please Mihir

(not allowed to post links so i put a (dot) instead of . )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rohara View Post
    Hey Mihir,

Just ran across this thread and saw that a fellow kitty Whisperwind-ian also posted on here! (hi Pask!) =D

Reading over these posts I've already gotten a lot of good tips and such. I would love any advice/input you have for me!
    ww.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Whisperwind&cn=Rohara

Here is my guild's World of Logs page. (Didn't really have a raid this week...had some attendance issues)
    ww.worldoflogs.com/guilds/53569/calendar/07-10/

Thanks in advance!! =D

*edit*
    Being a newbie poster, it wouldn't let me post a full link, so I had to cut off the first "w", lol
    You're both over the hit-cap (assuming you get a draenei in your party) and over the expertise cap. And since hit/expertise never get to be 2x the value of agility or haste, it's better to go slightly below those caps and use those extra points on other stats. You also got icewalker which makes no sense when hitcapped :P

Just keep icewalker, but move the 20arpen gem from the yellow socket in your belt to the red socket in your chest, and put 2x 10agi+10hit and 2x 10agi+10haste in the yellow sockets in your belt, legs, and weapon. Also change glove enchant to 20hit, and weapon enchant to black magic. Since you're hitcapped it pulls ahead of berserking, and mongoose is not worth using anymore since the haste nerf.

That way you end up at 225 hit rating (5 below the hitcap) and still got 1400 arpen. Try to replace those boots asap, with the once from blood prince council 10man heroic, or marrowgar25 normal or heroic.

Since you don't have crit rating on your weapon, you're quite a bit away from the crit cap still, so you could consider going a bit lower on hit and just gemming 4x 10agi+10haste gems.

---------- Post added 2010-08-08 at 04:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Timerthy View Post
    eu.wowarmory(dot)com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aggramar&cn=Timerthy

Help please Mihir

(not allowed to post links so i put a (dot) instead of . )
    Assuming you got some emblems, buy a T9 helm and chest. Your gear score will go down but your dps will go up due to the 2T9 bonus.

You seem to be ignoring pretty much all socketbonuses, this is not a good idea. The bonus in your helm should always be taken, since it only takes 1 nonred gem to activate; +6 bonuses with at least 1 red socket should generally also be taken.

Move the nightmare tear to the blue socket in your legs, put 10agi+10haste gems in the yellow sockets in your helm/cloak/chest/weapon/legs/boots/ring, and 20arpen in the remaining sockets.

Get rid of the Victor's Call trinket asap, it's worse than some blue trinkets. Some easy to get trinkets to replace it with are:

Darkmoon Card: Greatness-agi from the AH - +192 dps
    Banner of Victory from ToC5 normal - +169 dps
    Mirror of Truth from heroism emblems - +95 dps
    Meteorite Whetstone (blue) from UK H - +93 dps
    Incisor Fragment (blue) from DTK H - +66 dps
    Darkmoon Card: Death from the AH - +48 dps

Of course, this is also bad for your gear score. So keep victor's call around for that purpose.

Use your frost emblems to get more pieces of T10; the 4T10 bonus is a huge dps boost. The next piece to get is the T10 helm, and after that the T10 chest. When you switch to the T10 helm, buy some T9 shoulders so you keep the 2T9 bonus, and then when you got enough emblems for the T10 chest, switch back to your T10 shoulders.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2010-08-08 at 02:58 AM.

Thanks a lot Mihir, I'll get right on that. Sometimes we actually run short on spacegoats, but usually I can convince the RL to move me into a group with one. As for the boots...the stupid things won't drop for me in heroic 10m or 25 reg or heroic..believe me..its the biggest gear change I want atm, lol. Thanks for your time and help! =D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    Assuming you got some emblems, buy a T9 helm and chest. Your gear score will go down but your dps will go up due to the 2T9 bonus.

You seem to be ignoring pretty much all socketbonuses, this is not a good idea. The bonus in your helm should always be taken, since it only takes 1 nonred gem to activate; +6 bonuses with at least 1 red socket should generally also be taken.

Move the nightmare tear to the blue socket in your legs, put 10agi+10haste gems in the yellow sockets in your helm/cloak/chest/weapon/legs/boots/ring, and 20arpen in the remaining sockets.

Get rid of the Victor's Call trinket asap, it's worse than some blue trinkets. Some easy to get trinkets to replace it with are:

Darkmoon Card: Greatness-agi from the AH - +192 dps
    Banner of Victory from ToC5 normal - +169 dps
    Mirror of Truth from heroism emblems - +95 dps
    Meteorite Whetstone (blue) from UK H - +93 dps
    Incisor Fragment (blue) from DTK H - +66 dps
    Darkmoon Card: Death from the AH - +48 dps

Of course, this is also bad for your gear score. So keep victor's call around for that purpose.

Use your frost emblems to get more pieces of T10; the 4T10 bonus is a huge dps boost. The next piece to get is the T10 helm, and after that the T10 chest. When you switch to the T10 helm, buy some T9 shoulders so you keep the 2T9 bonus, and then when you got enough emblems for the T10 chest, switch back to your T10 shoulders.
    Thanks for your quick response, much appreciated. A couple of things:
    I forgot to mention that i have T10 251 legs, i doubt these would be better than me 264 legs, but i thought i'd better mention it.
    If i followed what you say and changed gems to fit some socket bonuses, i would go below the arpen softcap, is this still a good idea?
    I've been told Victor's Call is bad for Ferals, thanks, i'll try and get banner of victory; also i have 40 frosts atm, should i get the War Token trinket? or save for some T10?

Thanks again,
    -Tim.

Deleted
    Softcap isn't that important (yet) that you should ignore socket bonuses for it.

Since you already got the T10 legs, you can hold off buying the T10 chest i guess.. tho going with your current non-set legs + 4T10 is the setup you want to be rolling with eventually. Getting 4T10 is your top priority in any case.

Best way to proceed (if you got some gold) is to buy a DMC:G and get the T10 helm with your emblems, and after that the frost emblem belt.

Just in once again for my monthly can Mihir fix my gear question.

just 2nd heroic token for an upgarde this week but i can get to 100% arp now with food =)

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...B%C3%BBllshift

Cheers
    Bûll

Deleted
    Looks good, one things tho: it's better to be below the arpen cap than above it. 1 or 2 points above it can still be acceptable, but 5 points above it means 5 of your stat points are doing nothing at all, as well as missing a +6 agi socket bonus. So it's 15 arpen vs 20 hit and 6 agi. Which is a clear advantage for the 20hit+6agi. So replace the 20arpen gem in the yellow socket in your gloves with a 20hit one.

You could switch your weapon enchant to black magic for a slight dps boost on single target, but atm it's only a tiny dps increase (in the order of 5 dps). But when you get a bit more hit/expertise it will start pulling ahead more.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2010-08-09 at 01:05 PM.

Hello Mihir, Feel free to give it to me straight with no sugar coating. I have access to 11/12 10 man, heroic Lady Death and GS (its the alt run til I gear him up for main grp) and 25 man i see 8/12 so far but we just hooked up with anther good 10 man guild on the server so 11/12 should be pretty doable this week. I have 91 frost badges atm, going for 4 pc minus hands asap. I am pretty much on the Arp soft cap for my trinket, I was going to keep gemming for arp to get to the hardcap and hopefully get some new trinkets by then. Oh yea, the wrist and belt are gemmed the way they are because I got them before I was at 50% crit, should I regem for arp or just wait for replacements?

Thanks for your time in advance.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Tryinmilkme

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    First of all, get berserking instead of mongoose, mongoose is no viable dps enchant anymore since the nerf. You got your nightmare tear in the prismatic socket in your belt, which makes little sense; you always want to put it in a blue socket with good socket bonus. So move it to the blue socket in your weapon. Since you aren't hitcapped, you should put icewalker enchant on your boots. Since you are getting pretty close to the crit cap as well, you aren't in any position to be gemming haste atm; go with 20hit in your +6 yellow sockets (chest, gloves, belt, legs), and 20arpen in all other sockets.
    Thanks man - I have regemmed/enchanted everything as you suggested - will be going 11/12 ICC25 tonight, I'm curious to see how my DPS improve

I'm in line to get a token or two tonight, I currently have i264 helmet but i251 chest, legs and shoulders - was wondering what would be the upgrade order for those 3 items?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Iamsquishy

Thanks again

Hi Mihir, Just checking to see what I can improve. I have access to 6/12 ICC 10 and 6/12 ICC 25. My plan is to get t10 pants as next frost upgrade or if VoA likes me this week.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...irne&cn=Tagdan

Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squishy2 View Post
    Thanks man - I have regemmed/enchanted everything as you suggested - will be going 11/12 ICC25 tonight, I'm curious to see how my DPS improve

I'm in line to get a token or two tonight, I currently have i264 helmet but i251 chest, legs and shoulders - was wondering what would be the upgrade order for those 3 items?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Iamsquishy

Thanks again
    Legs first, since they give expertise, after that chest, since it has more stats on it than shoulders. Shoulders last.

Edit: crap, didnt see you are expertise capped without gems atm. Move legs to last then, as more expertise will be of no value to you until you replace that expertise ring. So chest - shoulders - legs if you don't get a new ring, if you do legs - chest - shoulders.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2010-08-09 at 05:33 PM.

Back again. This time I have a question regarding ArP.
    Would it be best for me to go straight ArP past the soft cap and get every point I can out of it and sacrifice a bit of crit or should I gem to the soft cap and then go back to gemming straight Agility and upping my crit and AP as much as I can while waiting until I can get straight hard capped on ArP?

Currently my stats are: ArP (W/out food) 859 Crit (W/ only MotW) 57.75% AP (W/ only MotW) 9395
    I'm also slightly over the hit cap with only gear and no gems and above Exp cap but my Exp will go down to what should be right on the cap when I get the T10 helm.

Deleted
    As long as you are using an arpen proccing trinket, you should go for softcap. Try to take as many socket bonuses as you can, by putting 10agi+10haste in all yellow sockets, and a mix of 20arpen & 20agi gems in the rest, so you end up at 714 with food buff.

Since you don't have 4T10 bonus yet, you should pick up some T9 shoulders so you can use the 2T9 bonus. You also really need to replace that hit trinket and the str ring (rep ring or kirin tor ring come to mind, and dmc:g for the trinket).

Deleted
    Hey Mihir.
    I am just respect from resto main to feral main spec, and i am doing okay i think, but still i am not shure about gear, gems.

after i read some post in her, i guess i should re-gem some stuff so i go with agi+haste instead of armor pen, when i have a arm pen procc trinket. so guess i should get some of my 9xx arm pen down to soft cap.

But also i aint sure about some of the other gear. like my belt and back, should i keep them or should i buy the one from frost badges, cuz i got badges to do it ..

i have acces to all gear . have 11/12hc 10 man to morrow, and on 25 man we have 5/12 hc , also have ruby 10/25 normal

in hour raid we have:

feral main tank
    unholy dk
    (frost dk) some times
    mm hunter
    combat rogue
    assasin rogue
    fury warrior
    ret paly

no arms
    no blood dk
    no enchance shamy

Oh sorry, had copy it but forgot to paste it .

eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Silvermoon&cn=Zyppz

there we go
    Last edited by mmocdc104cc90c; 2010-08-11 at 12:18 PM.

Deleted
    As long as you use an arpen proccing trinket you'll want to stay at the softcap. And you should only replace it with a better trinket: death's verdict, whispering fanged skull, deathbringer's will or sharpened twilight scale. So until you get 1 of those 4 trinkets, you'll be stuck at the softcap

Since you are expertise and hit capped, you can safely replace your cloak with the emblem one. You should also consider buying some Bracers of Swift Death, they're not very expensive anymore and pretty much the best you can get before icc bracers.

Don't forget to take as many socket bonuses as you can, by using 10agi+10haste gems instead of 20agi for yellow sockets.

You should also switch weapon enchant to berserking, mongoose isn't really viable for dps anymore since they nerfed the haste.

The belt is fine, the emblem one is slightly better but not something you should prioritize atm. Another item you could get is the T10.264 gloves, they beat the nonset gloves slightly due to more arpen/ap and haste instead of crit (good setups are the LDW10H chest + 4T10, or the Rotface25H gloves + 4T10).
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2010-08-11 at 02:02 PM.

Deleted
    Okay i se what i can get...

But, if i change my back and wrist, i will go down to 4.30% hit , and with a dranei in group that would only be 5.30 % should i use so many gems to get up to 8 % ?

Mihir wrote "You should also switch weapon enchant to berserking, mongoose isn't really viable for dps anymore since they nerfed the haste."

Really? The latest versions of Rawr still have Mongoose rated very high for all the Druids I've imported/inspected. I thought Rawr had been updated with the Mongoose nerf--its telling me Mongoose is my #1 dps enchant.