Page 46 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by medloh View Post
    "

Really? The latest versions of Rawr still have Mongoose rated very high for all the Druids I've imported/inspected. I thought Rawr had been updated with the Mongoose nerf--its telling me Mongoose is my #1 dps enchant.
    Your shoulder and leg enchants confuse me....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by medloh View Post
    Mihir wrote "You should also switch weapon enchant to berserking, mongoose isn't really viable for dps anymore since they nerfed the haste."

Really? The latest versions of Rawr still have Mongoose rated very high for all the Druids I've imported/inspected. I thought Rawr had been updated with the Mongoose nerf--its telling me Mongoose is my #1 dps enchant.
    There's a bug in rawr, when you got the ICC idol equipped in combination with certain trinkets mongoose shows as 3x the value it normally should have. Try switching idol and see if mongoose is still ahead.

"Your shoulder and leg enchants confuse me.... "

Have you ever been 3rd or 4th tank on a progression fight?

Thanks Mihir, I'll try that in Rawr.

Nope, but just those two enchants with everything else being dps gemmed/chanted wont make a difference worth noting.

Whatever works bro, dont get offended.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zyppi View Post
    Okay i se what i can get...

But, if i change my back and wrist, i will go down to 4.30% hit , and with a dranei in group that would only be 5.30 % should i use so many gems to get up to 8 % ?
    You don't need to be hitcapped at all, until you hit the crit cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Mihir, posting this for my kitty alt, who I've enjoyed playing quite a lot recently.

Armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...cts&cn=Twisteh

A few things are bugging me right now, I'm quite far below hit cap and also a little short of expertise cap, is it worth sacrificing ArP for these stats?

I also felt the need to place my Nightmare tear in a Yellow slot, as I felt no need at the time to put it in a blue slot that had a low Agility bonus until I am ArP capped, as I thought I would be gemming full ArP. Also at the time, the highest agility bonus was from a yellow slot.

Thanks in advance, Zara.

Edit: There are also a few enchants that need fixing, these I am aware of, though I was wondering for hands whether 44 AP or 20 Agility would be superior. Thanks again.
    Last edited by Syntic; 2010-08-11 at 09:31 PM. Reason: adding info

Hello Mihir.

Ive been doing my feral druid for a while now. The dps from low gears in ICC was just funny to watch (mostly t9 at 10k dps in single fight [10mans])

But now Im having expertise problem. The only gears available easily for me is just 10mans. We might have some kingslayer kills sooner or later. As far as i know, the less expertise, the messy your rotation is. So, i wanna know if its worth to gem expertise till its 25/26?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...halas&cn=Miapa

The boot and chest are the newest addiction. T10 shoulder will be coming in soon enough. So, im looking at both new boot and chest and see if I can just gem expertise on it?

I also noticed that there are one t10 (legging) that has good loads of expertise, but at high cost of badge which i do not have available atm. Even so, there are some 25mans gears that has expertise on it as well. Thought?
    Last edited by Arileas; 2010-08-12 at 03:06 AM.

Deleted
    Don't use the expertise on bracer/gloves enchants ever, you just lose too much stats compared to other enchants available (50 ap / 20 agi). You're still some ways away from the crit cap so it's fine to a bit below the expertise/hit caps for now. Your arpen is also slightly high, with the NES you only need 722 (and when using arpen food only 682).

In the end the only piece of gear with expertise you'll want to use are the T10 legs, complemented with some 10hit+10expertise gems.

---------- Post added 2010-08-12 at 10:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zaraxiel View Post
    Hey Mihir, posting this for my kitty alt, who I've enjoyed playing quite a lot recently.

Armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...cts&cn=Twisteh

A few things are bugging me right now, I'm quite far below hit cap and also a little short of expertise cap, is it worth sacrificing ArP for these stats?

I also felt the need to place my Nightmare tear in a Yellow slot, as I felt no need at the time to put it in a blue slot that had a low Agility bonus until I am ArP capped, as I thought I would be gemming full ArP. Also at the time, the highest agility bonus was from a yellow slot.

Thanks in advance, Zara.

Edit: There are also a few enchants that need fixing, these I am aware of, though I was wondering for hands whether 44 AP or 20 Agility would be superior. Thanks again.
    You're quite low on crit so don't worry about hit/expertise for now, they only get important once you get close to the crit cap (which you still are ~10% short of).

You could switch the nightmare tear to the blue socket in your boots, and put 10agi+10crit gems in the yellow sockets in your belt/pants to get your crit up a bit more. Like you said yourself, there's also some enchants that need fixing: gloves should either be 20agi or 20hit (20agi is better in your case), bracers should be 50 ap, boots should be icewalker. Weapon enchant can be switched to mongoose to get some more crit as well.

Hey Mihir,

Bit of a big ask, but i was wondering if you could help me please. I'm changing my OS from Resto to Feral DPS (as we've had an influx of healers in our guild). I've got a fair idea of the spec / glyphs and i've also go a fair idea about the rotation / priority system we use.

The problem i'm having is with gear and what to purchase / craft. I've got 400 frost badges and i have roughly 3k gold i'm willing to buy / craft gear with.

What i currently have in the bank collecting dust:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=51022
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=50799
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=45286
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=50827 (Tier hands spare)
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=51900
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=51843
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=50764

Then i have all the gear that i'm currently wearing (feral tank). As i'm the MT for our guild, regemming or enchanting my bear gear isnt possible. But i was thinking along the lines of using a few of my current tier pieces (just to keep the 4pc) until i get an upgrade in that slot? Like use the legs / shoulders from my tank set, just to keep the 4pc for my DPS set?

So the main question i'm asking please mate, with what i have + 400 frost badges and abit of gold, what should i do?

Thanks in advance

Deleted
    What to get for your gold, I don't know what the prices are on your realm. So you'll have to check for yourself what the most efficient item would be. Good options are:

Footpads of Impending Death for tanking and Frostbitten Fur Boots for dps +174
    Bladeborn Leggings +155 dps
    Wodin's Lucky Necklace +134 dps
    Darkmoon Card: Greatness +55 dps (don't get this if you're gonna farm the NES from FoS H)
    Bracers of Swift Death +47 dps

I'd say use your emblems to buy the T10.251 helm, chest and legs, the recovered scarlet onslaught cape, and the herkuml war token. Also turn some triumph emblems in to conquest emblems to get the brooch of the wailing night.

If you're a bit serious about your dps then I strongly urge you to farm the NES trinket from FoS HC, it's a pretty massive upgrade from pyrite infuser.

Weapon wise you'll want to stay with the shaft of glacial ice; even tho it's gemmed for tanking, the difference in feral ap more than makes up for that compared to the lower ilvl hersir's greatspear.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2010-08-12 at 11:51 AM.

whats teh best ench for weapon these days? since the changes to mongoose is it worth using it for dps

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...scalp&cn=Druci
    and if ya got any tips as to what to do to increas my dps from my gear if anything ^^

Yep, there does seem to be a bug with the 264 relic + Mongoose in the latest Rawr. I swapped out my relic and Mongoose dropped way down. Looks like Executioner is currently my best enchant according to Rawr. I assume thats kind of temporary because I'm not armpen capped but kind of close to it. Beserk was second, then Black Magic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowrune View Post
    whats teh best ench for weapon these days? since the changes to mongoose is it worth using it for dps

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...scalp&cn=Druci
    and if ya got any tips as to what to do to increas my dps from my gear if anything ^^
    Mongoose is pretty much only worth using if you're below 60% crit raidbuffed. Beyond that berserking is best, until you get near BiS gear. When you're arpen, hit, expertise and crit capped, black magic pulls ahead of berserking for single target dps, due to haste scaling so well with your capped stats.

Your talent spec is lacking a bit, you're missing 4% crit due to not having master shapeshifter. You can easily drop some points in furor, nurturing instinct, feral aggression, improved leader of the pack or survival instincts to get it. Some more points in improved mangle would also be nice, unless you got an arms warrior or feral tank in your raids.

Since you're engineer, you really should put nitro boosts on your boots. The speed boost easily makes up for the small loss of hit rating. Also put the agility parachute enchant on your cloak. Bracers should have 50ap enchant, weapon enchant should probably be massacre since you're so low on hit/expertise atm, which causes berserking to have a relatively low uptime. Your gems look fine, no comment on those

All in all I feel that my gear is pretty good, but I'm using executioner to put me at 99.5% armor pen. Do you know when I should switch it back out for Black Magic and start gemming armor pen again?

--Thanks, Chaka

Because this is my first post, I can't post a link. But if you search for "Chakamber", I'm the only one on the armory.

thx alot for the fast comment mihir ill look into it and the back and bracers i forgot to ecnh them since i won them last night :P

ill look into spec but would prefer not to drop nurturing since i tend to over aggro trash alot and it helps alot to keeping me alvie when ehalers swap to me :P
    Last edited by shadowrune; 2010-08-12 at 05:54 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowrune View Post
    ill look into spec but would prefer not to drop nurturing since i tend to over aggro trash alot and it helps alot to keeping me alvie when ehalers swap to me :P
    you worried about pulling aggro on trash is stupid compared to gaining 4% crit on boss fights .. drop the points and gain the 4% crit. be a good druid not a bad one

Kind of off topic question, lets say we're doin heroic 25m DBS and are 2-3 healing it for a short burst fight. We bloodlust off the pull, do i want to berserk at the beginning like normal or stagger it after the bloodlust?

Deleted
    They don't multiply with each other so it doesn't really matter. There has been some talk of getting energy-capped due to too many OoC procs from the bloodlust haste and unable to spend it due to berserk, but reality is that this pretty much never happens. Ideally you want to time your berserk together with temporary damage increasing buffs/debuffs like DBW proc, hysteria, shattering throw, etc. Usually all these things proc/get used together at the start of the fight so that's also your queue to pop berserk.

---------- Post added 2010-08-13 at 11:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
    All in all I feel that my gear is pretty good, but I'm using executioner to put me at 99.5% armor pen. Do you know when I should switch it back out for Black Magic and start gemming armor pen again?

--Thanks, Chaka

Because this is my first post, I can't post a link. But if you search for "Chakamber", I'm the only one on the armory.
    Pretty much when you can reach the hardcap, without sacrificing too much stuff. For example, you could switch to the emblems cloak to reach the hardcap, but you would lose out on too much stats compared to using the gunship25hc cloak to be worth it. So just wait for a better neck or ring, or some more 277 versions of your current items, before switching to hardcap.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2010-08-13 at 09:37 AM.

Mihir wrote: "They don't multiply with each other so it doesn't really matter. There has been some talk of getting energy-capped due to too many OoC procs from the bloodlust haste and unable to spend it due to berserk, but reality is that this pretty much never happens"

My understanding is that it does matter a little. You are saving 42 energy with OoC procs outside of berserk and only saving 21 energy on Ooc procs during berserk. So maximizing OoC procs outside of berserk is a win even without any energy capping issues.

However, other things frequently are happening during lust, like shattering throw, some kind of special burn phase, etc. I've never seen any detailed analysis comparing the value of these things, but I would like to.

It would go something like this:
    1. figure out how many extra OoC procs you get on average during a period of lust equal to the time berserk is up.
    2. mulitiply that number by 21--that's how much energy you would be wasting by having berserk up during lust.
    3. Guestimate how much dmg you could have done with that lost energy.
    4. Guestimate how much extra dmg you could have gotten by using beserk during lust with the extra damage increasing buffs that are active during lust (like shattering throw).
    Last edited by medloh; 2010-08-13 at 05:45 PM.

Deleted
    I doubt that those few extra OoC's under the effect of berserk are worse than not doing all those berserked shreds with all temporary buffs/debuffs up, but I guess it would be nice to get some numbers behind it yeah.

I can get you some of those; simcraft estimates damage per point of energy in bis gear without icc buff at 1150, however since the extra energy you get will likely only be spent on more shreds (as stuff like rip/rake can't be really be used more in the available time) we should look at the DPE of shred which is around 640.

So every extra berserk ooc shred due to bloodlust costs 13.5k dmg.

Looking through my last LK25H kill, my shreds hit about 2-2.5k harder at the start than 30+ seconds after the start when the temp (de)buffs have worn off. Removing the 30% ICC buff from that it ends up at ~1.7k dmg per shred.

With an average un-bloodlusted attack speed of 0.68 raid buffed (taken from rawr), during 15 seconds you would get 22 attacks in, which with 4% chance of ooc procs, would result in 0.88 ooc procs. bloodlust is a 30% increase so it would cause an extra 0.26 ooc.

So the total dmg lost due to berserking during bloodlust = 0.26 * 13.5k = 3.6k dmg.

So, if I would more than 2 extra shreds in due to berserk it would offset the dmg lost due to ooc berserk shreds. Of which I'm pretty sure I do, as I shredded 7x during the berserk (as well as an FB).