Page 48 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Haven't tried it myself but adjusting my simcraft profile to 4 instead of 5 CP required to FB, shows as a ~40 dps loss. Although the dps done by FBs goes up by 117, rake and rip dps both go down by 8, and shred dps by 141 due to more GCDs/energy being spent on FB.
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2010-08-18 at 07:35 PM.

Good stuff. I remember reading a thread a while ago that proposed it was a dps increase since you weren't wasting the bonus combo point from critting. Thanks for this and good luck.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...las&cn=Rosgath

A couple of disclaimers that I'd like to point out about my character before anything.

1.) I'm primarily tank in our 10 ICC; but since our 25 ICC group has enough tanks I'm usually DPSing. If you'll notice my spec is designed specifically to be able to both tank and DPS efficiently, but I do lose out on a couple of DPS talents.
    1a.) If my gear is gemmed with Agi it's usually because it's used in both tank and DPS sets. I'm trying to get 2 fully separate sets, but it takes time.
    2.) I hate doing dailies with a passion so I'm usually poor. I know some of my gems are lower quality, but I can upgrade them.

Anyway, I quit a while back and now that I have high enough general gear quality to be brought along to ICC, I was wondering if I could get some advice from someone for what I should be itemizing for.

Edit: We usually have WAY too many druids in our raids (3-4 in 10 and 5-6 in 25) and when I'm not tanking myself we have other druid tanks so I rarely ever need to apply mangle excepting a few situations. Also we only run with 1 warrior tank in guild, so we also rarely ever have a major armor debuff.
    Last edited by Chrysanthemum; 2010-08-20 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Added buffs I run with

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysanthemum View Post
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...las&cn=Rosgath

A couple of disclaimers that I'd like to point out about my character before anything.

1.) I'm primarily tank in our 10 ICC; but since our 25 ICC group has enough tanks I'm usually DPSing. If you'll notice my spec is designed specifically to be able to both tank and DPS efficiently, but I do lose out on a couple of DPS talents.
    1a.) If my gear is gemmed with Agi it's usually because it's used in both tank and DPS sets. I'm trying to get 2 fully separate sets, but it takes time.
    2.) I hate doing dailies with a passion so I'm usually poor. I know some of my gems are lower quality, but I can upgrade them.

Anyway, I quit a while back and now that I have high enough general gear quality to be brought along to ICC, I was wondering if I could get some advice from someone for what I should be itemizing for.

Edit: We usually have WAY too many druids in our raids (3-4 in 10 and 5-6 in 25) and when I'm not tanking myself we have other druid tanks so I rarely ever need to apply mangle excepting a few situations. Also we only run with 1 warrior tank in guild, so we also rarely ever have a major armor debuff.
    If you got any rogues in the raid, there's no reason to not have the major armor debuff (it's a dps boost for themselves as well) so just slap them and tell them to expose armor.

I'd change your talent spec a little bit: looks like you missed improved motw for it's 2% stat increase, which is good for both tanking and dpsing. You can safely go down to 3/5 furor to get that, as furor is not really useful in pve.

I'm a bit confused about the stam+crit gem in your shoulders; going with a nightmare tear or just ignoring the socket bonus should be quite a bit better for both tanking and dpsing.

Sphere of Red Dragon's Blood should be replaced asap, it's awful for dps. Consider buying a darkmoon card: greatness (great for tanking as well) or farming a banner of victory to replace it.

Getting to 4 pieces of T10 should be your top priority; the 4 piece bonus is a massive upgrade for both tanking and dpsing, and much bigger than any single item upgrade you can get (so you probably shouldn't have bought that belt yet).

Try to replace any agi gems with arpen gems until you hit the scorpion-softcap (722), tho agi will pretty much always be a good 2nd option.

Deleted
    Hi mihir ,
    so like a month ago I had to join another guild which I had to reroll my alt druid as main. The thing is that before I joined this "new" guild I was mainly pugging 9/12 hc icc25 so upgrades were like coming slowly and I knew what to do if I get say X item. In the last 2 weeks I got 2-3 items which were a major change in stats compared to what I had before.

My druid's armory -> EU - Dòómfire - Sunstrider [Can't post links since I'm freshly registered]

Couple of items I have which aren't show on the armory :
    [Neck] - Wodin's lucky necklace
    [Boots] - Frostbitten Fur Boots [Heroic version]
    [Trinket] - Sharpened Twilight Scale [Norm version]

I wanna use the RS trinket which I got a couple of days ago but I'm confused about what combo of neck / boots I should use compared to what I have currently equipped. I was thinking to use Sindra neck + Frostbitten Fur Boots [Heroic version] and regemming all the yellow sockets which currently have arp to +agi+hit and the rest of the arp gems to agi to get back to the hard cap and not over it. I'm really confused what to use and which setup of gems and stuff to use. It is mainly because I got into a complete new world in short time and still a bit fishy about gemming and what to go for. Thanks for any tips suggestions etc given :].

Deleted
    Yep sounds good, that's what I'd do as well. You should be able to end up at 1402 arpen, 263 hit and 126 expertise. I can also recommend either going for black magic and crit cap, or going for berserking and haste (since haste increases berserking uptime, but not BM uptime). BM+crit cap seems to pull ahead very slightly in simcraft.

15+ Year Old Account
    I ask myself why this isn't a sticky yet!

Seriously though, Mihir has been doing a great job for "ages" in this topic, and there's ALOT to learn in here for basically every Feral Druid.

First vote is in!

Deleted
    tnx <3

Second vote is in STICKY please

Hey Mihir,
    Just got my 4 piece and close to arp softcap. Just checking to see if you can point me in the right direction for the next upgrades. I was thinking LDW 10 belt, Marrow 10 cloak, and Marrow 25 boots.

Armory:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...irne&cn=Tagdan

Much appreciated and thanks.
    STICKY PLEASE!!!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pbfan33 View Post
    STICKY PLEASE!!!!!
    3 votes are in! I say go for 10 so the moderator's can't ignore us no longer...!

This should def be a sticky, Mihir's the man

Read most of the post, and was pretty much pleased by the amount of good info.

I'm a fairly new WoW player(more or less 3 months played), only have a 80, being a feral dps, read tons, do quite well in raid dps(usually top dps or very close to it), am very pleased with the spec choice, etc.

Now the thing is, I'm getting a little lost in my future upgrades.

Well, I can't post links, so just look up Poulet in Azgalor server.

Now, my guild hasn't poked into RS yet(I'm pushing for it), we started doing some ICC10 hard modes, and our 25 isn't quite there yet(mainly because we don't try to continue the raid later, we just one-shot up to PP and usually call it 'cause it's late), so that's for the equips I have access to.

I use hearty rhinos as foods, endless rages for flasks. I'm still trying to get a weapon/ring/armor/neck upgrade, they just refuse to drop. My conflict was concerning the Sack of Wonder. I can't seem to make up my mind on it. I've been gunning to try and get it, but I'd probably only use it once I drop my weapon/neck to balance out the loss in hit, or if I was to get the RS25 trinket and get arp hard capped, then I could afford losing some arp by swapping out the armor, but I'd like to know your opinion on it. Would you consider Sack of Wonder as your off-piece(heroic version of course) over, say, the gloves? I've ran low hit for a while, and while it's perfectly do-able and doesn't affect DPS all that much because of how kitties work, it's still pretty annoying to miss 3 rips in a row. I do realize T10 legs + Sack makes me over expertise cap, but it sounds like a reasonnable gain of hit.

All in all I'm pretty lost on what I should be shooting for. I was using rawr to simulate some upgrades but it doesn't seem to always make sense to me anyway. Thanks!

EDIT: What's your feeling on DBW procs? How do you manage yours? I usually open with FF, mangle, SR, TF, Berserk, and the usual stuff, to try and take advantage of my first DBW proc. I'm not sure how the ICD actually works, I know it's 1m45 ICD, but does it start when DBW procs, or when the procs ends? Trying to do a timeline of the fight and when to pop berserk with DBW is pretty annoying not knowing this, that or if you have a way to track it's ICD that'd be awesome.

And when would you pop your Potions of Speed? During Hero/Lust? Right after? During berserk? During a DBW proc? I'm not sure when is the optimal timing for it.
    Last edited by Poulet; 2010-08-23 at 06:05 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Poulet, your on the right track. Judging from your accomplishments, it does appear you have access to Rotface and Festergut ICC-25. Try to get Distant Land from Festergut, and Aldriana's Gloves of Secrecy from Rotface. The sack is actually best used for bears. Your at the point where haste starts to get useful. So all-in-all get the T10 chest once you get the gloves from Rotface. for your next tier token, go helm and (if by this time you get the gloves from rotface) chest second followed by shoulders last. Try to get the Distant Land and then aim for getting either ring from Dreamwalker 25 or the ring from Saurafang 10-man Heroic. You will be loosing a lot of hit and expertise at this point so it's up to you to go for hit/expertise cap (using gems and/or enchants on gloves, bracers and boots) or if you can handle missing/dodging a lot, go for ArP cap by getting the neck from Sindragosa 10 or 25 man. Personally I go for 1240 ArP and use Executioner enchant with the ArP food buff to get ArP soft capped.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2010-08-24 at 12:14 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pbfan33 View Post
    Hey Mihir,
    Just got my 4 piece and close to arp softcap. Just checking to see if you can point me in the right direction for the next upgrades. I was thinking LDW 10 belt, Marrow 10 cloak, and Marrow 25 boots.

Armory:
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...irne&cn=Tagdan

Much appreciated and thanks.
    STICKY PLEASE!!!!!
    Frost emblem belt and after that frost emblem cloak should be your next upgrades probably, they're better than the 10man stuff. Marrow25 boots are nice tho, unfortunately many classes want them (ferals, rogues, hunters) You also have some non-optimal enchants: bracers should be 50ap, chest 10stats and cloak 22agi.

---------- Post added 2010-08-24 at 10:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Poulet View Post
    Read most of the post, and was pretty much pleased by the amount of good info.

I'm a fairly new WoW player(more or less 3 months played), only have a 80, being a feral dps, read tons, do quite well in raid dps(usually top dps or very close to it), am very pleased with the spec choice, etc.

Now the thing is, I'm getting a little lost in my future upgrades.

Well, I can't post links, so just look up Poulet in Azgalor server.

Now, my guild hasn't poked into RS yet(I'm pushing for it), we started doing some ICC10 hard modes, and our 25 isn't quite there yet(mainly because we don't try to continue the raid later, we just one-shot up to PP and usually call it 'cause it's late), so that's for the equips I have access to.

I use hearty rhinos as foods, endless rages for flasks. I'm still trying to get a weapon/ring/armor/neck upgrade, they just refuse to drop. My conflict was concerning the Sack of Wonder. I can't seem to make up my mind on it. I've been gunning to try and get it, but I'd probably only use it once I drop my weapon/neck to balance out the loss in hit, or if I was to get the RS25 trinket and get arp hard capped, then I could afford losing some arp by swapping out the armor, but I'd like to know your opinion on it. Would you consider Sack of Wonder as your off-piece(heroic version of course) over, say, the gloves? I've ran low hit for a while, and while it's perfectly do-able and doesn't affect DPS all that much because of how kitties work, it's still pretty annoying to miss 3 rips in a row. I do realize T10 legs + Sack makes me over expertise cap, but it sounds like a reasonnable gain of hit.

All in all I'm pretty lost on what I should be shooting for. I was using rawr to simulate some upgrades but it doesn't seem to always make sense to me anyway. Thanks!

EDIT: What's your feeling on DBW procs? How do you manage yours? I usually open with FF, mangle, SR, TF, Berserk, and the usual stuff, to try and take advantage of my first DBW proc. I'm not sure how the ICD actually works, I know it's 1m45 ICD, but does it start when DBW procs, or when the procs ends? Trying to do a timeline of the fight and when to pop berserk with DBW is pretty annoying not knowing this, that or if you have a way to track it's ICD that'd be awesome.

And when would you pop your Potions of Speed? During Hero/Lust? Right after? During berserk? During a DBW proc? I'm not sure when is the optimal timing for it.
    Some small changes to your enchants/gems: gloves enchant should be 20agi, and the yellow socket in your belt would work slightly better with a 10agi+10hit gem (since with a draenei you would be over the hitcap currently).

The sack is a decent piece, the big problem with it is, that sack + T10 legs will push you over the expertise cap, which means some of its stats aren't doing anything, so it will never come close to the other setups. The best 2 non-set pieces to go for are the Rotface25 gloves, or the LDW10 chest. The gloves are best, but the LDW chest is really close behind it.

About DBW procs: the icd starts when it procs, so you get 30sec uptime then 1m15+ downtime. I use the addon SexyCooldown to show me how long till it comes off CD again. It works together nicely with OmniCC, if you got both addons it also shows the cooldown numbers on the items in your char sheet (also works for black magic lolz). Generally tho, I save my 2nd berserk for the important parts of the fight that you want to get through quickly, but if the fight doesn't have such a phase you'd want to pop it when the dbw:agi or dbw:str procs and shattering throw etc are up.

Potion of speed is best to use when all temporary buffs like non-haste trinket procs, ring proc, weapon enchant proc, shattering throw, etc, are up. On fights where I use potion of speed i generally pre-pot so i can use 1.9 potion. So the first one is up for the first part, and then the 2nd one i save for when dbw:str or dbw:agi proc again (pretty much same timing as berserk).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paskgotsheal View Post
    This should def be a sticky, Mihir's the man
    4/10 and counting!

i want to know if there's anything i can do with my gems and chants to increase my damage im am not unhappy with my damage output but there still may be room for improvement

Mihir any recomendations would be muchly appreciated

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=imortaldruid

oh and my guild is curently 9/12 heroic icc25 i have my eyes on the boots from marrow and bracers from dbs heroic versions ofc
    Last edited by ImortalDruid; 2010-08-24 at 12:57 PM. Reason: added some stuff

Deleted
    You really need to work on your hit/expertise, you're over the critcap atm. I suggest putting 3x 10agi+10hit and 2x 10hit+10exp in the yellow sockets in your weapon, chest, gloves, belt, and legs.

Another good upgrade you should be looking for are the T10.277 legs, to get your crit cap a bit higher.

Mihir, thank you so much for this thread. I was wondering if you could take a gander at my fresh feral kitteh (won't let me post links).

US Server: Ghostlands; Character name: Draguile

I have 200+ emblems of triumph and 92 frost emblems right now and was thinking of making my first purchase on the t10 chest piece, although this breaks my T9 and it will most likely take me awhile to get next T10 piece. Thoughts? Are there any PVE pieces that also translate well into feral PVP (I have full wrathful offset with wrath and relent main set, 265 and 256 trinket)? Also, I have not yet been into ICC or TOC and was wondering where I should be trying to get into considering where I am. I try to do the dailys, the weekly and VOA for frost and T10 drop right now, but time is limited and trying to make sure when I play I am doing what is both fun and efficient.

Thanks a ton for any help

Mihir,

Hi - please take a look at my profile on US Server : Malfurion / Character name : Kaekae

I'm still missing 2x 277 tokens, 277 sindra neck, 277 gunship cloak & 284 oathbinder.

I'm currently 264 hit & 26 exp and armor pen capped with Hearty Rhino.

Am I gemming correctly? Should I for more haste?

Thank you!