Page 1 of 99
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Cat] Mihir's "Fix my Feral DPS Gear" thread'

Seeing as there's quite a few threads popping up with people asking gear advice, I decided to make this thread. If you have trouble deciding how to gem/enchant your gear, deciding what tier bonuses to drop/take, what emblem piece to go for next, etc:

Just post your armory link here, and I'll give my opinion on it.

Make sure you're logged out in your dps gear, and if possible list what other decent gear you got in your bags, or any other relevant information, like if you usually have improved windfury/improved icy talons in your raid, if you have an arms warrior or tanking feral in the raid, etc.

Disclaimer: I'm offering my views on gearing in this thread, you might not agree with them, and I can't guarantee that I will be correct 100% of the time. I'm not responsible for any gold or dps you might lose by following my suggestions as a result of bad RNG, mistakes or incomplete information, or future changes to current dps mechanics by blizzard.

Custom version of simcraft im using (with added BM support): http://www.mediafire.com/file/zcrigm...9ob/simc-bm.7z
    Last edited by mmoc2e7b040398; 2010-08-17 at 05:13 PM.

Re: Mihir's "Fix my Feral DPS Gear" thread

Dear Mihir,

I'm pretty sure there are a number of feral kitties that struggle in finding the balance between ArPen and Agility, when to shred and what color skin makes us the most awesome (answer: all of them!) and I do believe you are part of a guild that can get things done.

My greatest question though is: Why did you not go for the 4p T10?

Never mind, just spotted the trinket Ofcourse when someone offers advice, you want to know if they know what they are talking about.. Prolly got the heroic gloves the other night and "was trying them out?".

I think we're safe. :P

Oh and for all honesty:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...alyon&cn=Utter

3 days till Caturday!
    Utter

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

/pat Mihir
    Getting hit in the face by mobs since 2004.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by utter
    My greatest question though is: Why did you not go for the 4p T10?

Never mind, just spotted the trinket Ofcourse when someone offers advice, you want to know if they know what they are talking about.. Prolly got the heroic gloves the other night and "was trying them out?".
    Can't use them yet, since it will push me over the arpen softcap
    When I get a DBW I might start using them, and switch back to my T10 shoulders. But atm the 277 deathwhisper shoulders are too big a stat increase over T10.264 to ignore :P
    My normal (temporary) dps gloves are T10.251 gloves, 2nd trinket is Mjolnir.

Deleted

Pretty nice gear tbh
    Few small changes I would make: switch the agi/crit gems to agi/haste, switch boots enchant to icewalker and gloves enchant to agi (icewalker is a better enchant than agi if you can make full use of the hit). Then you could swap 1 orange gem to agi/hit so you'll be at 263 hit rating. You're really high on crit, so it might even be worth it to switch to str+haste gems, so you can use mongoose on weapon, tho I'm not sure if that would be worth it.

Well at least someone's willing to help. Seeing the same threads over and over again makes me wanna blow my brains out. ><

Pretty nice gear tbh
    *blush* I do what I can within my bubble of raiding. Thanks Your's aint too bad either :P

I've run my current gear setup through rawr a few times already and it has been telling me to put some haste gems in. With raid buffs and procs I'm a couple of % over the white crit cap so hit and haste become more valuable.

But atm I'm waiting for a few more upgrades (WFSkull and HerkumlWT are hot on the list, also off-tier gloves and belt please) before I regem. I've got more than enough dps for my guilds 10man runs, so I can afford to play hookey on my gemming for a little bit and loose 1-200 dps (if that).

Going by the The Fluid Druid Blog, there is a turning point between 10man and 25 man ICC raiding that makes agil>arpen for straight 10man raiding. I've gotten lucky on a my ICC25 semipug a few times now (luckily most of the awesome kitty drops are from the first 4 bosses :P) so I'm working on figuring out where the turning point is. I think that if I get lucky on the DBW I will switch to full ArPen, if not I'll look at the gains I get from trinkets (severely lacking atm) before I gem.

Strangly enough though the ArPen softcap is quickly losing it's strength due to the higher levels of ArPen on the gear and the awesomeness of the 10man&emblem trinkets. It seems that dropping the ArPen softcap with HWT and WFS is a dps increase compared to the ArPen Softcap. That's even before DBW and moving towards the ArPen hardcap. How long are you going to stick with it?

The Icewalker/gloves enchant swap seems strange to me, esp since I'm allready so high on crit. Agi should beat critrating at this point. It will however get me two more points hitrating (12 +10 from orange gem), which might tip the balance. I'll have a bash on it with Rawr.

I'll post my armory in a little, still can't get online. But here's my main question:

I have 2pcT8.5. Head and chest. Is there some other combo that I should have instead? Is 4pcT9 better? I'm stilling wondering whether I should keep the T8 or upgrade.

I'm interested to see what you think about my gear set up... i'm not sure if i've logged out on my DPS set/spec tankin heroic in cat gear/tank spec make for a bit more fun...

Things i know i need to change is lower my exp... plan on doing this via festerguts 10 man neck to switch my cloak for the badge arm pen one... and/or maybe get lucky on the BOE melee Hit neck...

armory is in my sig... tell me what you think tho... oh i'm eating agi food with atpwr flask for raid... raid buffs get me to about 13k Atpwr with about 64% crit..

PS.. I get hit cap'd with Ally 1% HP party buff

@gohome: The general consensus around the interwebs is that t8 2p bonus is NICE, 4p t8 is ok, t9 2p is good and 4p t9 is ok, 2p t10 is ok and 4p t10 is zomgawesome! The problem is that now with the thriumph emblems you can pick up a lot of ilvl 245 items that will have so much stats on them that they overpower the 2p t8. Which when you think of it is only normal, otherwise everyone would be in their t8's in ICC.

I'd pick up the T9 2p and keep working on emblem upgrades. Even with only a few emblems a week you should be picking up some of the yummy frost emblem gear about now! Eventually you will get items that are so huge (say ilvl 232+) that the tier bonus from T8 will be overpowered.

Hijacked the thread!

Meow.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheebuh
    With a quick look I realized you had the Nightmare gem in your helm, put a 20 Arpen in that and put the nightmare in your weapon's blue socket. Your helm has a red socket bonus, you would gain the weapon's socket bonus with keeping the helms.

I wanna see how smart you are !!!

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Shifthappend

Quote Originally Posted by raphi
    I wanna see how smart you are !!!
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...i&gn=Aftermath
    Signatures are overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by raphi
    Glyphs should be SR, rip, shred. Replace mangle with shred.

Deleted

I'm almost at the hit cap (need like 30 more hit) and is gemmed agi/arp. I was wondering if I should get myself a Hit gem to reach the cap and how big a difference it would make? Another question, I got 4,75% expertise, should I possibly also go for upgrading that to the recommended cap? I am not gonna take the chance trying it out, but if you know it would increase my dps. My Arp is on 58% atm, crit 61% and Atk 9000.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by gohome456
    I'll post my armory in a little, still can't get online. But here's my main question:

I have 2pcT8.5. Head and chest. Is there some other combo that I should have instead? Is 4pcT9 better? I'm stilling wondering whether I should keep the T8 or upgrade.
    4T9 is not very impressive, but the difference in itemlevel should make you abandon 2T8 pretty fast. Without seeing your armory it's hard to say anything more.

A very rough estimation of setbonuses:

4T10: 900 DPS
    2T10: 150 DPS

4T9: 80 DPS
    2T9: 200 DPS

4T8: 90 DPS
    2T8: 225 DPS

2T7: 100 DPS
    4T7: 70 DPS

I've been feral for quite some time, but at the current moment i'm incredibly confused of which stats to take -.-

I've checked EJ for multiple times and thought they have alot it doesn't help much.
    My raiding allows me only to a certain point (up to sindragosa) and take in account i'm very unlucky with drops :P

Anyway, here's the armorly link http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...lrogg&cn=Znarf

I really just need some help on the gear and i'd be in your debt for it

Thanks in advance for the help provided

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by utter
    [...]
    Strangly enough though the ArPen softcap is quickly losing it's strength due to the higher levels of ArPen on the gear and the awesomeness of the 10man&emblem trinkets. It seems that dropping the ArPen softcap with HWT and WFS is a dps increase compared to the ArPen Softcap. That's even before DBW and moving towards the ArPen hardcap. How long are you going to stick with it?
    I'm next in line for the DBW (hc) so when it drops, I'll switch to full arpen. WFS/DC hc I'm passing to DKs/Retridins first since I would replace it right away when DBW drops, and its close to bis for them.

/purr