Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Icecrown Citadel Zone Buff, Blue posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jaqen Hghar
    Dude, spoiler tags!
    I fixed it, now fix the quote

Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis
    Ever heard of spelling screw correctly? Its not hard, there is no special spelling.

And you know what I appreciate this. I am a good raider, I look up fights, I try to get others to do the same, I don't stand in flames and I can switch to the bone spikes. But there is one thing I cannot do... put up with a militant raiding guild. I am more interested in talking with people than raiding but I would definitely like to be raiding at my level. Now my current guild is starting to make progress, last night for the first time they downed the Gunship ((admittedly my old guild downed Deathbringer in the first week but that guild fell apart)) which is a nice achievement for them, but we need to get further so this buff is fantastic for me. And before you go well you're just loot-hungry, no if I was I would pug more often but I like raiding with my guild and if this makes it easier and allows them to learn the fights so we can try it later on a harder difficulty then damn straight I want my buff.
    sorry mister, my first language ain't English, so forgive a few of my mistakes. second, it is of course nice to see most of the content, but at the same time, I want to do it on my own, that makes it a bigger achievement. I feel that buff ruins a lot of that fun, but that is for me personally. Maybe my first post wasn't good then, but I'm worried about a few large guilds with even bigger slackers in it get a chance to just burn away some hard bosses, just because of the extra % dmg.
    (btw, I'm in a casual guild as well, and I just deal with the fact I can't see all content. but hey, that's what youtube is for)

Blizzard is calling you WEAK, You are going to need some ice for that Internet Pride of yours.

What are you going to do about that, players?!

Answer:Just tell Varian/Hellscream to retreat, problem solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

Wasn't there a Blue post quite a while ago stating hardmodes didn't allow the buff? It's just something for raids who struggle, seeing as the others should be doing hardmodes anyway.

Also DLC was pretty nice, wish I could do that in-game.

Deleted

Is there any incentive to NOT use the buff, like, loot that is unique to "non-buffed" raiders? Why is it optional?

ONE.

The tooltip linked on the main page for the alliance buff is a typo. "The King of Stromwind!"

TWO.

Beating the lich king normal 25 man mode - Yogg4k
    Beating the lich king herioc mode 25 man with 30% buff - Yogg1k
    Beating the lich king herioc mode 25 man with 0% buff - yogg0k

Enjoy!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick
    I have a feeling this aura will be updated every MONTH, so in 5 months from now, patch 4.0 will be live for a November release of Cataclysm.
    Yeah, right, Cataclysm in November ... what is wrong with you November people?? I suggest total frontal lobotomy and a glass of warm milk.

Don't know what to think of the buffs. On one hand it looks super cool but on the other it will really take the edge of the encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Devlin-
    Is there any incentive to NOT use the buff, like, loot that is unique to "non-buffed" raiders? Why is it optional?
    It's optional so people can still do the encounters as they were intended, if they wish. I think this is great as I am working through early hard modes and will use the buff to speed up the farm kills on normal.

I don't get why some guys get upset regarding the ICC raidbuff.

1) LK HM has now be downed yet. Maybe it has been blizz's intention that he is only killable with this buff? I dunno tho.

2) It's a mechanic to make things easier for YOU. Well, why shouldn't you use it? You use the best enchants, the best gems, the best buffoods etc. But you complain about another thing that actually BUFFS you? I dont freaking get it. You don't even have to spend gold on it like you do for enchants 'n stuff.

3) After all, you can turn it off. Guilds who aren't top of the league can use it, yeah. But why should YOU HARDCORE RAIDERZZ PRO GAM0RZ even care about it? It's their thing if they raid with the buff or without it. Your guild still can turn it off. So stop the frekaing hate around here.

That being said, I welcome the chance to be able to see most of if not all of the bosses in ICC die without having to spend an absurd amount of time on it. Grats if you did it all without the buff but frankly who gives a shit.
    Because it requires enormous amounts of time beyond 6hrs a week just to reach LK right, typical bad (sorry very un pc of me I mean blizzard core market) excuse makes me die inside

This buff sucks to be blunt far too early and is it really needed the way normal modes are now, if any guild is a raiding guild and not working on end wing bosses by now casual or hardcore there is something seriously wrong somewhere. If you are welcoming this because your guild raids for a laugh or you pug stfu and make the transition to a raiding guild, it's called raiding content for a reason. Of course the buff is optional but who the fuuk will be ermm no guys we won't use it, whilst others will and it been faceroll.
    "Marking targets, coordinating CC, and *most importantly*, pulling responsibly so that 9 elites didn't rush us and wipe the party. I'm sorry, but those skills, entirely missing now in WotLK, are the real signs of skill and ability to tank effectively."

in the mmo report, he speaks of a free mmo rpg game named "Dungeon bender" or something...

Does anyone know what the game is called ?

I am french and he speaks way to fast. :S

Haste will basically remain the same for casters. It is changing for melee classes, however. Haste will also allow melee classes to recover their resources more quickly, effectively letting them hit their buttons more often.
    What about casters? Hopefully its a small amount or else rogues (possibly warriors) will dominate since they have no cast timers and relatively low CDs. Haste affecting CDs for casters would be cool tho =P

Just some thoughts

Bit too soon on the zone buff, but sure, have it your way Blizzard!

is this buff for the boss fights only or will it also include the beginning mobs?
    I was thinking this would be good for rep runs.

guys on topic of people bitching about this...Its usually the other way around.
    HC wants to finish something like ICC then biatch at bliz to make it harder.
    Why so they can say they are the only ones that did it.
    Then shout noobs and loosers at the ones that can't do the updated content.
    Makes them feel better I guess.

Crazy there are people that don't spend 60+ hrs a week in game.
    But would like to see it all and maybe get to enjoy some of the content they helped pay for.

want a real challenge, have your guild all use i200 gear and offspec then run ICC.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasyn
    Kids these days...

Sigh.
    I'm 24 and I don't know who it is. ;D

My question is: how is this going to effect leetists and hardcore guilds? Will they be made fun of for using the buff and getting kills?
    Current main: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nordrassil&cn=Thetormented

Deleted

I don't think anyone will remove the buff, as long as you don't get an extra reward for killing the bosses without the buff.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't think anyone will remove the buff, as long as you don't get an extra reward for killing the bosses without the buff.
    You are probably right, but if so. They should shut the hell up about it beeing to easy atleast. Since they could just choose to not use it.

10+ Year Old Account

i think the lich king heroic mode is tuned to be (almost) impossible without the buff.
    the real race will be who can down him with the least stacks of the buff.
    In the end the winner is still the last man standing.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick
    I have a feeling this aura will be updated every MONTH, so in 5 months from now, patch 4.0 will be live for a November release of Cataclysm.
    Wrong feelings. It will be 30 % in the middle of April.
    When We Ride Our Enemies..