Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Icecrown Citadel Zone Buff, Blue posts

The 30% buff here is better than the massive nerf at end of tbc. That just reduced health of bosses by 30% which buffing the damage 30% is equivalent to. This also buffs the healing and HP of players.

I for one welcome it, gives me as an experienced player with not much time to raid a chance to get the frost wyrm. And before some hardcore arsehole starts telling me as a casual to stfu i have been ranked in one of the top guilds in the past and have since lost the time to dedicate to hardcore raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis
    No, November makes sense Xingu. There is another MMO, Star Wars: The Old Republic, coming out in November so to avoid losing any clients to the newer game Cata would come out in November.
    Pretty sure they are targeting Spring 2011 for TOR.

No, November makes sense Xingu. There is another MMO, Star Wars: The Old Republic, coming out in November so to avoid losing any clients to the newer game Cata would come out in November.
    Final Fantasy XIV is coming out around this time too. Which ever one comes out first with enough content to keep players entertained will have the advantage.

This 5% overall raid buff is just like nerfing the boss after it has been out for awhile, mostly after a week or two. In ICC's case, the raid is now out for about 3+ months (3 weeks since the heroic mode was unlocked), and boss that has been nerfed was only deathwhisperer (only on normal). And nerfing bosses have been around since when, last 5 years or so?

The only thing that's making me laugh is, The Lich King, THE BIG DOG, was never defeated on hc mode in either 10 or 25 man before the raid buff (in other word, before he was nerfed), making him the toughest boss ever. Suck's for people who cried for the past 1.5 years about wotlk being faceroll, when wotlk provided the top 2, most difficult bosses the game has ever seen, THE LICH KING and YOGG-SARON (without keepers). Not to mention some other awesome bosses aswell.

This is a sweet, sweet victory and it is I, who feeds on your tears now. farewell
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

I fully embrace these buffs.

Comming from a midcore rader on a backwater RP server, I really wouldn't mind anything that helps with the realm progression at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest
    This 5% overall raid buff is just like nerfing the boss after it has been out for awhile, mostly after a week or two. In ICC's case, the raid is now out for about 3+ months (3 weeks since the heroic mode was unlocked), and boss that has been nerfed was only deathwhisperer. And nerfing bosses have been around since when, last 5 years or so?

The only thing that's making me laugh is, The Lich King, THE BIG DOG, was never defeated on hc mode in either 10 or 25 man before the raid buff (in other word, before he was nerfed), making him the toughest boss ever. Suck's for people who cried for the past 1.5 years about wotlk being faceroll, when wotlk provided the top 2, most difficult bosses the game has ever seen, THE LICH KING and YOGG-SARON (without keepers). Not to mention some awesome other bosses aswell.

This is a sweet, sweet victory and it is I, who feeds on your tears now. farewell

M'uru > all.

It's just that it didn't have any artificial restrictions placed on how many tries guilds could have at it. I think my guild did roughly 500 or so attempts before we killed that bastard.

Besides, original C'thun wasn't killed before it got nerfed, either. People and their short memories nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by alt

M'uru > all.

It's just that it didn't have any artificial restrictions placed on how many tries guilds could have at it. I think my guild did roughly 500 or so attempts before we killed that bastard.

Besides, original C'thun wasn't killed before it got nerfed, either. People and their short memories nowadays.
    To be fair though, wasn't C'thun unkillable due to bugs in the encounter? I think there's a difference between a boss being unkillable, and being difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasyn
    To be fair though, wasn't C'thun unkillable due to bugs in the encounter? I think there's a difference between a boss being unkillable, and being difficult.

No bugs, just overtuned.

Besides, the most attempts anybody could've done against heroic LK at this point is around 40 with their mains. I don't think that's a fair comparison, either.

??? Why does Blizz feel the need to make ICC easier? It is good the way it was before.

Did anyone else catch the typo in the tooltip?

Strength of Wrynn

King of Stromwind? Where the heck is Stromwind?

Stood in the Fire andy_mitchelluk's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

That and the fact it would happen to be 2 years from release of Lich King. And in time for their 6th anniversary.
    Would make good sense for it to be around November

Might be earlier, might be later. Only one way to find out really. Play the waiting game as always.

Who knows, we may see more than just the one extra raid under wyrmrest temple yet.
    And ofc there will be the pre-cata event for a couple of months like we had before lich king.

Back on topic with the new raid buff, I think it's a good idea. If you haven't cleared ICC normal by now then you can't be in a serious raiding guild. And if you have and don't like the buff, you can simply disable it.

No point in bitching about it. Blizzard have to try and keep 10 million+ customers happy and that ain't ever gonna be an easy thing to do if people keep moaning all the time.

Stood in the Fire andy_mitchelluk's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Darangen

Strength of Wrynn

I think it's near some place called Irnoforge

Quote Originally Posted by Darangen

Strength of Wrynn

I'm glad I'm not alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasyn
    This was indeed true, some crazy high end guilds "Calculated" the C'thun encounter and claimed it was impossible as well.

C'thun was fixed, not nerfed.

Back on subject, I really do enjoy the explosive nerd rage and cries that the game is now "Dead"...Really, what the hell? Do you even understand what the main purpose of this game is to Blizzard? A business. The raid buff will most certainly draw in and keep the casual player base happy, because encase you didn't know, there the MAJORITY. And also, IT'S OPTIONAL.

GET OVER IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Pkite
    No reason not be be alliance.

Waaay too early nerfs in ICC. Why don't we just skip the raiding, the loot and hardmode titles/mounts and simply hand them out to everyone with at least three fingers and a decent wheelchair by mail on patchdays? Jesus...

Quote Originally Posted by Pkite
    Glad I'm not a blood elf :P

M'uru > all.

I remember a blue stating C'thun wasn't killed before it got "nerfed" (according to you), because he had a million bugs. And when he was fixed, he was killed within hours.

Tell me something, how many of those 500 pulls your guild made ended with someone making a mistake and going "oh shit, ma bad"? How many of those pulls had your tanks dieing instantly because your healers slacked? How many of those pulls ended poorly because most people in your raid were fed up or tired? With limited attempts, those mistakes will cost you greatly, so everyone have to bring their A game all the time.

Also people keep bringing the limited attempts again and again, then they say limited attempts suck because end game guilds make alts and try the bosses on them, then do with main. They also go and try out 10 man and learn strategy again and again. You guys contradict yourself all the time. All guilds have spend more attempts on LK then they did for Mu'ru or whoever you think is the toughest boss in WoW.

Ok, lets forgot about the LK 25 man and Yogg+0 and lets talk about LK10hc. Guilds are now running with full ICC25hc gear, meaning ilvl277 gear, they still can't kill him on 10hc, while out gearing the encounter by miles. But that doesn't say anything about how difficult he is, does it? :
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

No bugs, just overtuned.

Besides, the most attempts anybody could've done against heroic LK at this point is around 40 with their mains. I don't think that's a fair comparison, either.
    I won't argue semantics on it, but overtuned/bugs/impossible mechanics are kind of the same thing in this case.

I'd call a miscalculation on Blizzard's part a bug. :P

I think I agree with the too early nerfs argument. The guilds who really need the nerfs wouldn't be able to do hard modes anyway. There's no reason to let guilds kill the LK so much faster and run out of content if Cataclysm won't be released for another 6+ months.