PvP +hit with talents question

Generally, the +hit percentage to shoot for in PvP is 5.

The Shadow Focus talent increases your chance to hit with shadow spells by 3%. The Misery talent puts a 24s debuff on the target that increases the chance for spells to hit by an additional 3% when VT, SW:P, or MF spells are applied.

So let's say I'm running no +hit at all and I open with VT on my target. Assuming that hits (3% chance), I should now have a 6% chance to hit with all spells following this. Are there any priests that choose to avoid hit gems altogether because of this?

ty!

15+ Year Old Account

Re: PvP +hit with talents question

the 3% hit from shadow focus only applies to shadow spells, and by such dispel wont be effected by it and you'll therefore still need that extra hit to cap dispels.

Re: PvP +hit with talents question

Quote Originally Posted by Breia
    the 3% hit from shadow focus only applies to shadow spells, and by such dispel wont be effected by it and you'll therefore still need that extra hit to cap dispels.
    Hmm. Yes, that is a very important consideration, especially since many fights are opened with offensive dispels before I'd even have Misery up.

Thanks!

Edit:
    Wait a second... According to Wowhead, Dispel is of the Holy school, which when cast should cancel Shadowform like any other Holy spell... since it of course does not, this makes me wonder just how Dispel is classified...