Theme       Vault of the Titans
    Heroic Reset Timer 7 day
    Emblems      1
    Abbreviation    VOA
    Final Boss     Algalon the Observer
    Ulduar was merely a setback!

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Heroic Lich King Kill, PTR 3.3.3 Build 11623

It's typical blizz that they make something epic and unique (Invincible) and later using it again and remake it slightly (celestial steed)

>

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

So much silly hate in this thread.
    To all the haters: get over it, i'm sure every guild racing to the world first was using/going to use the 5% buff. It does not make it a "tainted world first".

To paragon: grats on the world first, and good luck on the 25m version

10+ Year Old Account

Do you know how hardcore I am? I am going to convince a raid to only use auto attack. Because using skills are optional. You don't HAVE to use shield wall. You don't HAVE to use Scourge Strike. Yeah, world first Lich King, 25 man Hardmode, auto attack only. Seriously, you people are assinine. So what, they used a buff. Half of you people crying that they used a buff are the same people who cry when a Pally doesn't give you the right buff. So, you QQ about people using buffs and you QQ about not getting buffs. /sigh.

Any ways, congratualtions to Paragon. Well done, guys, well done.

Uhm, i like the new honor idea (exchange any Battleground Mark). Will use it many times i think .

Quote Originally Posted by quiz
    Uhm, i like the new honor idea (exchange any Battleground Mark). Will use it many times i think .
    You do know that you currently get a ton more honor from turning in the q for all marks? Also the marks will be gone in next patch, not gone gone but you can't obtain them anymore and this is the way Blizz is letting you get rid of any leftovers in your bags.
    Do not trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
    God's in his heaven. All's right with the world.

They never should have added the option to turn the buff off. Nobody will deactivate it until the encounter is already farmed to add some excitment when you face him in 277-loot.

All who flame Paragon are stupid. If it's so easy, why aren't there hundreds of LK10 hardmode kills today? Because it's still pretty hard and the first ones who managed to kill him in that mode are Paragon. End of story. They win, you lose, next.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Good news about Algalon not being the last boss in VoA. Also rejoice DKs, death grip isn't changed :P (Got a DK tank alt lol)
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

I really hope they up that honor per mark... 2K was overkill, but 200? too much the other way. I'd say 800-1000 would be a sweet spot.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

People are either just lying to themselves, saying they won't use the buff, or just plain stupid. Honestly, who is really going to turn a buff off that helps you get things down faster. Would it really make you feel special killing something without the buff? You get the same achievement, same loot, same rewards as people who are using it. They are getting it done quicker then you are too. What is the purpose? Self-pride? Unfortunately, there is no achievement for that. And no one is going to care.

You still have to execute in boss fights, especially Lich King. It doesn't matter how much of a buff your raid has. If your raid is filled with a bunch of idiots you still won't go anywhere. Unless you're a top guild, and by top I mean no one posting in these forums including myself, MAYBE you turn off the buff just because you will be bored and it will become too easy. But I doubt it.

Getting raids done faster is definitely more fun for me.

Quote Originally Posted by idototems
    No one will kill lich king HC without outgearing or using the buff. Not until he is nerfed anyway.
    People said the same thing about Yogg+0... Going as far as saying that he was mathematically impossible.

All I'll say is, with the limited attempts system still in place? Who knows... A lot will depend on how much this bug actually accounted for.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

warrior did needed more aoe agro

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    This encounter had a bug on the spirit phase which we reported 2 weeks ago but it didn't get fixed untill today (the bug made the encounter very hard). We had worked our way around the spirit problem on last week's reset and the kill was within our grasp even without any extra attempts or buffs.
    Hmmmmmmm.....
    "Remember to take ALL things in moderation.. Even World of Warcraft" :]

Big grats to Paragon!

Remember - just because the top 0.1% guilds in the world are completing fights doesn't mean they are "too easy" for the other 99.9% of us.

Also - don't expect anyone to disable the buff, because blizzard has not given us any incentive to do so. No better loot, no additional achievements... nothing. So I'd say just relax and roll with it.

10+ Year Old Account

Hmmm, so the final boss in VoA will be a celestial watcher ey? (speculation)
    Could be fun. Probably a giant like the other watchers but with a celestial texture.

I vote to name him: Unicron, the Star Watcher!
    For the Emperor.

Quote Originally Posted by vestergardi
    How can all these top guild keep complaining about "content is too easy" and still use a buff like this? I don't get it.
    Thing is, Top Guilds dont complain about content being too easy, also, World First competition is severe already, if you arent using the buff, you're at the disadvantage of another guild using the buff.
    People that are wiping on Festergut10 Normal are complaining content is too easy because they need to compensate their ego somewhere.

But i'll quote someone else from earlier "Why does nobody complains about using 25man heroic gear and have a set made of 264/277 in a 251/264 instance, yet they complains about 5% buff?"

Edit: I'm pretty sure now that Paragon has "secured" the world FIRST kill, they will try to pull it off again next week, without the buff, because they can. The world first of LK25 will be using the buff too, the week after, the guild is going to try it without the buff because its "Added difficulty and added challenge", but they definetly arent going to be doing it week one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

People are either just lying to themselves, saying they won't use the buff, or just plain stupid. Honestly, who is really going to turn a buff off that helps you get things down faster. Would it really make you feel special killing something without the buff?
    so why make hardmodes when normal mode is a lot faster and easier? maybe you'll find the answer and no most hardmode raiders are not interested in loot.
    Who needs gameplay when you have ACHIEVEMENTS? Don't worry about beating levels, finding ways to kill enemies, or beating the final boss... there are none. Focus solely on your ultimate destiny... doing random tasks that have nothing to do with anything. Metagame yourself with ease! Self-satisfaction never felt so... artificial!

Quote Originally Posted by blupp
    so why make hardmodes when normal mode is a lot faster and easier? maybe you'll find the answer and no most hardmode raiders are not interested in loot.
    The point he's making is that turning the buff off doesnt give more loot, doesnt give more achievements, doesnt give more ANYTHING.

It gives added Difficulty and challenge, yes. But guilds are going to be trying to best themselves -after- they killed a boss once.

The first time you will try to fight the Lich King, will you do "Lets do it without Fort, Mark, Int, Flask or Food buff because it'll be harder!" . No. You'll use Every possible buff you can get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Companion Pets
    • Lil' XT - Right Click to set down or pick up your Lil' XT action figure.
    REQUIRED. WHERE.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkatsu
    Well sure... but i just don't like the way they try and big themselves up like a child saying "Yeah, we could've done it without the buff but we didn't bother".

Why couldn't they just come out and say "We needed to use the buff to down him".
    This.