Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Khatsoo's Signature Artwork

So I decided to create a topic to gather all the work I've done for the MMO Champion forum users.
    Recently I started to take part in the topic Request a Signature, so that's the reason I've been creating them.

The aim of the topic is just about making requests and linking the artwork, but not about commenting them and giving tips or advices.
    That's what I'm looking for in here. I'd like you all to suggest me improvements, things that I could change, typefaces that I could use, etc.

I've improved a lot since I started the first signature, and since I tried the transparency effect, putting more emphasis on the character, I decided to always go that way.
    (You can see the first signatures being the plain square).

So that's it. Let the criticism begin.

Big Edit Incoming;

I didn't really thought I had to do this, but the amount of PMs is just too much for my working rhythm..
    I started doing it for fun and I'll keep doing it for fun. I'd like to make signatures for everyone, but I just
    find it unfair that someone that requests with two sentences and a link gets the same treatment as a
    person who wrote a lot of ideas, references and material for me to work with. If you put your effort, then
    I'll put mine. From now on, I'll just skip poor requests to be fair with everyone, eventhough I'll try to reply
    every PM to let you know if it got me enough attracted.

So I'm going to make an example of how I'd like a request to work with:

How do I want a Request?

- Armory Link / Decent Screenshot
    As of right now, I can't access WoW Model Viewer, so I'll need a picture to work with.
    With the Armory Link I can make limited poses and only current gear, so keep this in mind.
    And I will only use SSs that are in high resolution or well defined.
    WoW Model Viewer SSs are more than welcome, and if the character is already cutted even better. Faster work, faster sig.

- Basic information I need to know. As more as you give, it will be easier for me and better for you.
    Text. What text has to be in the signature. Make sure it's clear.
    Font. Any font preference? Ask for anything and I'll check.
    Background. What's in the background? General theme of the signature.
    Color. Main color scheme you would like to appear.
    Shape. What shape do you like most or what kind of edges do you want on it.
    Pose. If you want the character to be in some kind of special pose. (keep in mind first point)
    Situation. Character on right or left? Text up or down? Where do I put this and that?

- Additional information.
    What else can you say that helps me? Any special effect or idea you want to be in the signature?
    Ask for anything you'd like and I'll answer if it's possible or either too difficult.

- References.
    If you link references like older signatures I've done it's much easier to see what you're looking for.
    Also linking background pictures you like, music you listen to, etc. Everything helps.

Request example.

Armory link / SS: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...um&cn=Massacre

Text: Only my name. Massacre.
    Font: I love the Metal Macabre one. Like in this sig: http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/13/vercian5.png
    Background: A bit absract but naturish background.
    Color: Green/turquoise color scheme. Tone down the color of the armor.
    Shape: Spiky edges like this sig: http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/3...ndinshade4.png
    Pose: The pointing position would be good. Like pointing to my own name.
    Situation: Character on left side and name next to it in the right side.

Additional information:
    I'd like you to try to make like if the shape of the sig splashes behind my character.
    Is it possible? Like if the background follows up through the body.

References:
    The two sigs I linked before and a song so you get in the mood to make my sig
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb0c0KCmPDk

Unfilled request. Copy, paste & fill.

Armory link / SS:

Text:
    Font:
    Background:
    Color:
    Shape:
    Pose:
    Situation:

Additional information:

References:

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Khatsoo's Signature Artwork

Death Knight___________________________________________________________________________________

Druid___________________________________________________________________________________

Hunter___________________________________________________________________________________

Mage___________________________________________________________________________________

Paladin___________________________________________________________________________________

10+ Year Old Account

Priest___________________________________________________________________________________

Rogue___________________________________________________________________________________

Shaman___________________________________________________________________________________

Warlock___________________________________________________________________________________

Warrior___________________________________________________________________________________

10+ Year Old Account

Multicharacters___________________________________________________________________________ ________

My own sig evolution_________________________________________________________________________________ __

Others___________________________________________________________________________________

Um, these are really cool. Do you just use the model viewer?

awesome signature by Elysia :3

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kholdstare942
    Um, these are really cool. Do you just use the model viewer?
    Thanks for your comment, but that's the sad part. I'm currently on a computer without WoW and I can't use the Model Viewer. :-\
    All this sigs have been made with either SSs or the Armory MV.
    I guess when I'm back at home (besides playing WoW again), I'll make some sigs with better shots and models with any gear needed.

These are really amazing. Are you using Photoshop or something for them? I got thinking I could try to make something myself, but I don't have Photoshop on this computer. D:

I love the textures and creativity you've put into these, and I can't say I have much in the way of suggestions for you. The typefaces you're using look great. You can tell that all of these are your work, and yet they all look unique. It's nice.

Try switching it up from time to time, though. Think of different ways you can orient characters, text, and perhaps include stats or talent builds if you can fit them in (if people want them, I suppose). Maybe include favorite pets somewhere (or for Hunters, their actual pet) if there's room, anyways. Just keep going, because these look amazing. Keep experimenting with effects and placement, and they'll keep getting better. =)

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lolzmoonfire
    These are really amazing. Are you using Photoshop or something for them? I got thinking I could try to make something myself, but I don't have Photoshop on this computer. D:

I love the textures and creativity you've put into these, and I can't say I have much in the way of suggestions for you. The typefaces you're using look great. You can tell that all of these are your work, and yet they all look unique. It's nice.

Try switching it up from time to time, though. Think of different ways you can orient characters, text, and perhaps include stats or talent builds if you can fit them in (if people want them, I suppose). Maybe include favorite pets somewhere (or for Hunters, their actual pet) if there's room, anyways. Just keep going, because these look amazing. Keep experimenting with effects and placement, and they'll keep getting better. =)
    Yep, I use only Photoshop. Cutting character, putting it all together, colors/textures/backgrounds, transparency, ..

I try to get typefaces that look on the theme of the sig or either really plain ones that let me play between black/thin/condensed/etc. to build the type.
    But I am open to requested typefaces as well, because everyone can have a favourite one.

Thanks for your other tips as well, I really appreciate your comment. Experimenting it's really what I am doing and since I started doing all the sigs for here
    I feel like I really improved a lot. Just watch the progression of my sigs during the last 3 weeks:

I try to make them everytime more interesting and attractive, trying out different techniques.
    So that's why I love great requests asking for new things, so I can try them out and learn out of it.

Wooh those are very impressive!
    Love it.

I think the warlock signatures are the best the t10 is looking very bad ass overall.
    The backgrounds are very good fitting with the classes/characters aswell
    Respect, they are really looking awesome

Could I request one aswell or your busy atm ?
    "It's Better To Burn Out than To Fade Away"

10+ Year Old Account

I like them, you need some improvements in blending, try some image blending tutorials and blend your characters to the background it's always more impressive the just putting the character in a smudged background.
    Also try to use C4Ds, google it and you can find a lot of galleries that will give nice effects on your backgrounds.
    And for last try bigger backgrounds, although the result is good due to the difference in size of the character the background becomes less eye-catching

I like the fonts you are using, could you post some or all of them if possible?
    i assume you got them from dafonts.com or something?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer
    Wooh those are very impressive!
    Love it.

I think the warlock signatures are the best the t10 is looking very bad ass overall.
    The backgrounds are very good fitting with the classes/characters aswell
    Respect, they are really looking awesome

Could I request one aswell or your busy atm ?
    Thanks. The warlock set really helps to make it look good as it has very defined shapes and good shoulders.
    You can request for sure, I'm busy, but you will be in the que and I'll keep doing my best.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen
    I like them, you need some improvements in blending, try some image blending tutorials and blend your characters to the background it's always more impressive the just putting the character in a smudged background.
    Also try to use C4Ds, google it and you can find a lot of galleries that will give nice effects on your backgrounds.
    And for last try bigger backgrounds, although the result is good due to the difference in size of the character the background becomes less eye-catching

I like the fonts you are using, could you post some or all of them if possible?
    i assume you got them from dafonts.com or something?
    I'll check the blending tip. It's true that in some of the sigs the char is just obviously cutted and put in there.
    I actually use some C4Ds but I don't like abusing them, just a bit. And I prefer more using the textures by themselves or just smoke/fire effects.
    About the backgrounds, if I want to keep the transparency thing (which I love) I can't really make them much bigger. I'm working with the maximum accepted size for the forums already.

And for the type, I don't think I can supply them but you get the names and then you can search whichever you want. Enjoy and thanks both for your comments.

I have send you a requesting PM, thanks in advance
    "It's Better To Burn Out than To Fade Away"

Thanks for posting the fonts! I'm gonna download them asap and play with them.

awesome signature by Elysia :3

You inspired me =) I still need to run it through Photoshop to clean it up (GIMP works, but there are some areas it's just lacking hard), but what do you think for a first attempt?

Since I liked your style, I just had to try making a sig like this once. But it's not really my thing, blending in the character is what I like most about making signatures and that isn't as easy/fun with this kind of signature.

Didn't really properly finish it (supposed to add a forest theme in there). Keep up the awesome job with this kind of sig, I'll go with the "special" rectangular style myself.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kholdstare942
    Thanks for posting the fonts! I'm gonna download them asap and play with them.
    Sure, no problem. Enjoy your new toys!

Quote Originally Posted by jai151
    You inspired me =) I still need to run it through Photoshop to clean it up (GIMP works, but there are some areas it's just lacking hard), but what do you think for a first attempt?
    Really good for a first attempt. I learned by myself doing from worse to better as well.
    Main things I would tell you (some personal).
    - If the char goes too far to a side and the arm is alone falling there it seems a bit weird, as you see more clearly it is cutted in the bottom part.
    - Don't mess that much the background, make more contrast between the density of things in there, and leave always a bit of more flat space for..
    - The type. Need to play a bit more and try to blend it. Not just write whereever you can whatever you want. It's so important and it's something many people doesn't take care enough.
    - Also try to give a light source, creating contrast in the picture and making it more "living".

I hope you don't get annoyed, but criticism is good for improvement!

Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe
    Since I liked your style, I just had to try making a sig like this once. But it's not really my thing, blending in the character is what I like most about making signatures and that isn't as easy/fun with this kind of signature.
    Didn't really properly finish it (supposed to add a forest theme in there). Keep up the awesome job with this kind of sig, I'll go with the "special" rectangular style myself.
    Well, you can actually blend the character a bit, but as its shape is standing out the square in some parts you will see it of course (emphasis on char).
    But a tip for you would be to try to save the picture in the .PNG extension, as it seems like once you save it, it looses some quality and you can see the pixels clearly, not sure thoiugh.
    See you in topic. :P

Hey mate i would love a sig if your not too busy

Armory link / SS: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...&cn=Flowerball

Text: Flowerball , with a quote of "Guild Destroyer" lol
    Font: no font preferences
    Background: nice and mystical please
    Color: arcane mage style colours , purples/blues/whites/blacks
    Shape: no preferences
    Pose: no preference here either tbh, just not the casting pose
    Situation: no preference

Additional information: no preference

thanks muchly appreciated

References:

Armory link / SS:http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...nis&cn=spinalz

Text: Spinalz - US Mal'ganis
    Font: Massacre
    Background: winter forest like
    Color: bluish/white/trees
    Shape: no preference
    Pose: Idle / aim but no really preference
    Situation: -

Additional information: -

References: i like the style of the tauren shaman sig.

10+ Year Old Account

NO REQUESTS IN THIS THREAD PLEASE

Here we are to discuss about the work and to ask for tips or details.
    In case you want a signature, you can either PM or join the Request a Signature Thread

You should try and broaden your work by making artwork that is at least of 1024x768 size and later shrink / cut out the parts you want made into a signature. You can achieve a much greater realism when you're not stuck to the 500x100 size limit our forums use. If you aren't too offended by criticism as many others are -

You have no visible focal point which makes the image very flat, cutout design or not. The biggest mistake most people do when it comes to blending is they think just because the background is blue the entire render / stock / 3d import has to match this color, but it doesn't. To blend is to make the entire image seamless and most importantly make the lighting match.

Theoretically if only your background has a light source then the imported model should be completely black or at least very dark, depending on how strong the light source is, adding some source of light on top of the model is almost a must if you're looking to add some level of realism.

An example would be this image:

If you had copied some of the fractal artwork (the background light "beams") on top of the model you would achieve an entirely different depth.

Same with this one, if you take one of the bigger light particles and put it on top of the model, possibly even with a lower transparency it would look more part of the background.

All of this mentioned is quite hard to achieve when you're working with something as small as signatures, but small touches can make a huge difference towards the end. This is the reason I stopped working with small images, the level of creativity and detail you can put in is very limited. I still get requests every now and then, and when I do them I simply make a large piece and scale it down while cropping out the most important parts. Works just fine.

Good luck.