Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Rogue PoV: I friggin HATE Sindragosa

Title states it, I really, really hate this fight.
    It just feels terrible to see that DK hit the Boss all time long, not having to worry at all about the debuff, and doing higher dps then me, with me taking about twice as much damage from Permeating Cold as him.

I mean, wtf? I know that there's not a better solution for this that'd actually work decently, but still, why? T.T
    [Changing it to being kinda like a ppm(think of lightning shield) probably wouldn't work, as that's highly dependend on the number of melees you have in your raid.]

Rant over...

CHA-LA-HEAD-CHA-LA

Re: Rogue PoV: I friggin HATE Sindragosa

One thing we do have in our favor is we can cloak it off every minute and a half.

cloak at 8 stacks.
    reset when you have to run away

the only time it's critical is in phase3 and there I usually attack ice blocks most of the time, because I'm too lazy to bother watching my debuffs.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Sucks to be a caster too, especially ones that cast every second, spend more time jumping than dps'ing sometimes.

:S Try to be a caster or feral.

Phase 1 begins-> stack to 5-7 cloak->stack to 4-5 run out->stack to 4 phase 2 begins.

Just repeat this and in phase 3 you just help out on every iceblock and its never an issue.

1. Casters have it worse

2. You're melee... you have Saurfang and Festergut where you can just go balls out and not have to worry about a damn thing. Ranged isn't so lucky.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by bendak
    1. Casters have it worse

2. You're melee... you have Saurfang and Festergut where you can just go balls out and not have to worry about a damn thing. Ranged isn't so lucky.
    /crack fingers

ranged has probably had every fight in naxx (not TOO sure, its been a while), most of the fights in ulduar, (if not all of them, unless im forgetting any bosses)

OT: Yep, on a comp like mine where i get up to 3fps, sindragosa aint pretty

While casters may or may not have it worse on Sindragosa, they hardly have a harder time on Saurfang or Festergut. Both fights are very simple, resulting in minor movement for Festergut and minor target switching on Saurfang. When you approach the heroic modes, rogues typically switch on saurfang as well with tricks of the trade. For Festergut, they have to move in and out just as range does.

You are right though that range cannot tunnel 100% like melee does on Saurfang/Festergut easy modes, which will result in a higher dps in comparison for the melee. I'm just not entirely convinced that the range really has to worry about much anyways. I've not run Festergut on my mage, but I have done Saurfang and found it quite easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauton
    Sucks to be a caster too, especially ones that cast every second, spend more time jumping than dps'ing sometimes.
    not uncommon for mutilate rogues to attack for auto attacks well under 1second.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoogles

not uncommon for mutilate rogues to attack for auto attacks well under 1second.
    You shouldn't/can't/won't/don't play Mut at Sindragosa, though.

And thanks for the tips/hints, but i'm doing fine on Sindragosa, just hate the fight and wanted to tell that to somebody.
    Just wanted to get it off my chest... vent my anger. [Hope at least one of these 2 expressions is acually correct in this case. >.<]

Quote Originally Posted by Vonlego
    While casters may or may not have it worse on Sindragosa, they hardly have a harder time on Saurfang or Festergut. Both fights are very simple, resulting in minor movement for Festergut and minor target switching on Saurfang. When you approach the heroic modes, rogues typically switch on saurfang as well with tricks of the trade. For Festergut, they have to move in and out just as range does.
    You know that range get randomly stunned on festergut right? Not much fun I can tell you. There's a reason my holy pally always demands to stand with the melee.

Rogue has one edge there compared to all other melee classes, at least on normal mode.

Rogue does not have to run in and out like rest, at least on normal mode where Blistering Cold does 30-35k dmg.
    Feint saves a day and 3x per fight you can also use Vanish immunity to avoid AoE completely.

Besides that, this bloody fight is most annoying for rogue in whole expansion pack.
    I share your hate to this dragon.

PS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike
    You know that range get randomly stunned on festergut right? Not much fun I can tell you. There's a reason my holy pally always demands to stand with the melee.
    This is finest example of derailing topic. Its about Sindragosa & rogue, not Festergut and healers, dammit!

Quote Originally Posted by Voij
    You shouldn't/can't/won't/don't play Mut at Sindragosa, though.
    No all of have 2 pve specs m8
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by Dharenna
    This is finest example of derailing topic. Its about Sindragosa & rogue, not Festergut and healers, dammit!
    yo my spec/class having a disadvantage on a certain fight is way different then your spec/class having a disadvantage on a certain fight

Quote Originally Posted by TheSineLaw
    yo my spec/class having a disadvantage on a certain fight is way different then your spec/class having a disadvantage on a certain fight
    YES it is different, if topic is on ROGUE forum area and thread is specifically named for SINDRAGOSA.

If it would have been in general/raiding area and topic would have been a la "melee vs ICC bosses, i hate boss XYZ"...
    ... then healer vs boss ABC would have been on quite topic.
    Right now right here, it was not. Holy pally topics this way -> http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-paladin/

-------

back to thread: i have found out that a bit frost resist - for example, 1-2 crafted Frost Resist pieces (chest?) helps just enough
    to mitigate cold damage that you can afford going up to 7-8 stacks without worrying too much.

Which allows you this cycle:
    - Dragon lands
    - you run in, Killing Spree, etc
    - hit until 7-8 or even to 10-11 stacks, all the way until...
    - ... AoE pull happens. Boom is casted, raid and healers start running
    - you clear stacks with Cloak and hit Feint
    - HoT's on you heals to ~100% hopefully
    - Boom happens, Feint kicks in, you take 15k dmg.
    - you keep hitting, gain another 4-5 stacks of cold
    - Dragon goes to air phase

Works like dream to me, only thing that you cant afford it on P3, where damage modifier adds.
    But then again, in Phase3, rogues are better used on iceblocks.

Additional time spent on boss (you keep hitting while everyone runs) compensates loss
    of offensive stats when swapping in some Frost Resist gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Giigamesh
    /crack fingers

ranged has probably had every fight in naxx (not TOO sure, its been a while), most of the fights in ulduar, (if not all of them, unless im forgetting any bosses)

OT: Yep, on a comp like mine where i get up to 3fps, sindragosa aint pretty
    What spec is your comp?

Quote Originally Posted by Skulver
    What spec is your comp?
    lulz.

yeah shitty computers aren't fun on any fight tbh bud. invest in a slight upgrade if you can

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dharenna
    - Boom happens, Feint kicks in, you take 15k dmg.
    QQ oneshot in heroic. =( =(

Quote Originally Posted by Voij
    Title states it, I really, really hate this fight.
    It just feels terrible to see that DK hit the Boss all time long, not having to worry at all about the debuff, and doing higher dps then me, with me taking about twice as much damage from Permeating Cold as him.
    Awww, at least we never need to get stuck inside an ice tomb.

10+ Year Old Account

Note to self:
    do not use killing spree during tailswipe
    :-[