Eng: Gnomish or Goblin

Hey hey. I will be dropping a profession for Engineering as soon as I've gathered all the mats to powerlevel to 450. I am a level 80 undead rogue that does about 55% PVE and 45% PVP. My burning question is: Gnomish or Goblin? Go!

(Thanks )

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Eng: Gnomish or Goblin

I would suggest not switching to engineering until it is buffed a bit. Right now, its basically a gold sink.

My major motivation for the switch is http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=54999 glove enchant as well as the Flexweave Underlay, Nitro Boosts and Frag Belt additions...

Gnomish or Goblin there is no real direness between gnomish or goblin that works well at level 80 gnomish use to be more trinkets etc and goblin more bombs the only real defense right now is a big bomb and perv Goggles as well as a gnome you can teleport to Toshley's Station and Gadgetzan and as a goblin you can teleport to Area 52 and everlook

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Patrickstarr
    I would suggest not switching to engineering until it is buffed a bit. Right now, its basically a gold sink.
    Um... Engineering is one of THE BEST professions to have both for PVE and of course for PVP.

340 haste on gloves is awesome (and best in slot for casters usually), the rocket is very nice to.
    Nitro Boosts are best in slot especially if you have a class capable of runspeed through talents.
    You get 25% more mana/health from pots.
    The cloak tinker is usually best in slot (at least for casters, and there's another one for melee).
    And Bombs on Cooldown are a rather high dps increase also.

For casters the only profession that is (marginally) better is tailoring. For rogues, engineering is the profession which gives the highest dps increase in raids.

And of course, engineering always was, and always will be, the best profession to have for PVP.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

At this point the only choice that you have to make is if you're concerned about getting the icc ammo recipes. Gnomish=sexy arrows, Goblin=hawt bullets. Other than that there are a couple amusing more vanity items that differ between the two spec, but nothing super useful. It's fair to note that for 100g you can change specs at anytime once you have chosen one, so if you choose wrong or want to change it's no big deal.

10+ Year Old Account

Choose the teleports you want the most. Gnomish = Gagetzan and Toshley's Station. Goblin = Everlook and Area 52.

I picked up engineering yesterday for the same purpose, I had trouble trying to figure out if i wanted Goblin or Gnomish, I love pvp so I went with goblin, I love the explosives and that rocket launcher that stuns targets lol. My skill is at 349 now, so far it's been a breeze to level and quite fun (especially since I hate leveling professions). Gnomish looked like fun too but it looked more like changing your environment type of stuff rather than blowing sh*t up. But that's just from observation. Either way I'm happy with Goblin.

doesn't really matter for lvl 80, I don't have a specialization at all. You can built rocket boots, hyperspeed acc etc... all the good stuff doesn't need any specialization.

You guys forgot to mention that Engineers have tgheir own Auction House access in Dalaran. Nobody else can see it but the engineers. No more need to go to Ironforge or Stormwind

Quote Originally Posted by BigTodd
    You guys forgot to mention that Engineers have tgheir own Auction House access in Dalaran. Nobody else can see it but the engineers. No more need to go to Ironforge or Stormwind
    this x 1000

don't forget Jeeves and MOLL-E.

Go for the Goblin, who does not like blowing things up and replacing your limbs with artificial ones. That is what goblin engineering is all about. + Saronite bombs and Global Thermal Sapper Charge is big dps increase.

I recently made the switch to engineering, and I was unable to choose aswell. I then realized that with cata is right around the corner, I'm just going to wait and see what they will both have to offer. There is no difference is pve between the 2 and as far as I know not much in pvp if any at all, I'd wait if I were you.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Been a Engineer since classic, and I recommend you become one too.

Gnomish, hunter's BiS weapon is a crossbow so you'll be able to earn smth on arrows. Atleast that's why I took engineering on an alt, so my main has easier access to an arrow crafter...