LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: WTB Demon Names

No thank you, i love my demon names.

Imp - Dagtik
    Voidwalker - kal'naar
    Subbubus - Glynrah
    Felhunter - Sloonhym

And as said, they are summoned from the twisting nether. they allready exist. It would be weird if we just gave them new names when they allready ahve one.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't know if this functionality still works, but I believe there used to be a way that you could /abandon your minion. The next time you summoned him the system would assign a new name because the old name was released as a result of the abandonment, the same as when a hunter abandons a pet and the name reverts back to "Bear" or "Mottled Boar."

15+ Year Old Account

Names are now preset at character creation or quest completion. Sorry.

R.I.P. YARG

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

You know, I've been 80 and never really paid attention to my pet's names.
    I think my imp is named Piplap or something and my Felhunter is Shanaam.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

my imps name is Zhoram and i think its a great name..

Gotta agree with the Hanaam guy, I'm dig the auto names. I mean sure we can't name our pets, but then when you think about it, we can't rename our pets get it?

Hunter pets are tamed, and as such are cooperating with the hunter forming a bond, so the ability to give a name, allbeit at times rather cheesy is still realistic.
    Minions are demons we pulled from the twisting nether, and only do our bidding.
    The comments you hear them make indicate that their participation is not through choice, so why on earth would we get to name a slave over being able to name a companion.

Not an Ozzy fan tbh, but I did find the reference to him rather funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

my issue is not that we can't pick our demon names, it's that we get the same demon name every single time.

now, i understand technically why they made it that way at the beginning of the game, but now they clearly have the tech to have DK ghouls be named something different on every summon.

warlock pets should be a lot more like DK ghouls. you reach into the twisting nether and pull back a random demon. your demon dies? that's okay, just pull another one out! it makes more sense than the current method of somehow being able to revive your demon every time it dies.

I like that we can't name our demons, but I do wish we could abandon our demon and get a new one with a new random name. It'd preserve the fun demonic-sounding names, but also let players have some control over it.

Imp: Rulfip
    Voidwalker: Thannuz
    Felhound: Fuuzdrom
    Felguard: Jhuuron

Quite awesome names, and i'm quite fond of them to

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by kabshiel
    I like that we can't name our demons, but I do wish we could abandon our demon and get a new one with a new random name. It'd preserve the fun demonic-sounding names, but also let players have some control over it.
    ^^

I've got no problem with not being able to rename 'em in general, and like the way they just "take one from column A, one from column B" with syllables to give 'em names.

... but I don't like my succubus' name: give me a different succubus!

(To be honest, though, being able to reskin/enslave other models would be a lot "better" IMO.)

Well the idea is that during the ritual (which I don't think new players do...) you learn/are told a demon's name which you need to summon him/her.

I've always loved that they come with names. Even for those who want to be able to reroll there are only so many names in the generator and I am sure some would be very popular and we'd see repetition more often. Back in Vanilla a few months before I started some warlocks had two pets with the same name because the generator wasn't separate for different pets.

I wouldn't change ANY of my pet names. They are part of my character.

Gelfip - imp
    Barphog "barf" - vw
    Jhornys - succy, this IS a random name, and I love that because people who don't know that we don't name them think I named her that.
    Nheedom -felpup "need-him" with a bit of an accent, also love it.

Shaaroon - felguard, I call him Sharon because when I first spec'd into it he was bugged and had the succubus' voice files.

Imp-Jubtog 8)
    Void-Makmon >
    Succubus-Sarona
    Felhunter-Greefenn ???
    Felguard-Flaatom ???

I definitely agree we should not be able to name our minions like hunters name their pets. The names you would get would be atrocious. I do wish we had some say in it though, either by abandoning our current version and randoming another (I'm pretty sure this used to be possible actually, but that was before my warlock), or with a menu type selection, and you pick one of the selection that you like best.

I do understand where the idea comes from, and it is pretty cool, but some of the names are just ridiculous and annoying. While they can be a great part of the individualism of the character, they can also ruin the feeling I reckon. Having no control over that isn't something I feel should be ignored, especially given the lengths it seems Blizzard is willing to go to make you comfortable with your character (barbershop/name change/race change etc).

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by fadeshiro
    my issue is not that we can't pick our demon names, it's that we get the same demon name every single time.

now, i understand technically why they made it that way at the beginning of the game, but now they clearly have the tech to have DK ghouls be named something different on every summon.

warlock pets should be a lot more like DK ghouls. you reach into the twisting nether and pull back a random demon. your demon dies? that's okay, just pull another one out! it makes more sense than the current method of somehow being able to revive your demon every time it dies.
    this !

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by greatmido
    Imp-Jubtog 8)
    Void-Makmon >
    Succubus-Sarona
    Felhunter-Greefenn ???
    Felguard-Flaatom ???
    Hey Bro, ya Felguard stolen ma Felguards name!
    "Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

* * --(Terry Pratchett, Eric)

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Kitanii
    Hey Bro, ya Felguard stolen ma Felguards name!
    Sounds like your felguards cheating on you.

I love my imps name, Azqua Definately would not want people walking round with the crap hunters pets walk around with.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by rakkeh
    Sounds like your felguards cheating on you.

I love my imps name, Azqua Definately would not want people walking round with the crap hunters pets walk around with.
    A hunter in my guild ran with a ravager for ages, because he really liked the look of it. Eventually our GM convinced him that he really should get a wolf for the dps increase, as we were just about to start serious progression content again. Reluctantly he gave in, but he named it after our GM's girlfriend in protest.

My voidwalker's name is Charlos. I don't think I'd ever want to change it.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ratskinmahoney
    A hunter in my guild ran with a ravager for ages, because he really liked the look of it. Eventually our GM convinced him that he really should get a wolf for the dps increase, as we were just about to start serious progression content again. Reluctantly he gave in, but he named it after our GM's girlfriend in protest.
    I have a lvl 21 hunter I use as a bank alt, with a pet ravager named Dog. I imagine I will be equally as creative if given the opportunity to rename my pets.

However, Kal'thang the Voidwalker, who makes my heart sing, and makes everything.... groovy, will remain as is.

R.I.P. YARG