Thread: APB?

APB?

http://www.apb.com/

Anyone else stoked to try this game? Anyone manage to get into the Beta/know someone who has?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Send that bitch a smiley face...Bitches loooove smilie faces.

Re: APB?

A mate of mine has managed, and been urging me to try it out. I really haven't bothered yet, I maybe will just wait till it's original release

I am in the beta at some time now, well its ok getting a bit bored with it now but still fun specialy in group, its the first game i know of that requires a 64bit os to play at max, its pretty demanding on the hardware, although granted is still a beta so much refining and tweaking to be done, but fun none the less.

I was quite excited about this game. I guess i still am, but i am just a bit worried about how "progress" will work in the game. I mean most MMO's have levels, spells, abilities to look forward to. But i have absolutely no idea how any of that will work in this game. I could imagine that you can get better weapons when you "level". But is that really enough?

Sorry im starting to rant, so i'll just stop it here. The game looks great, and the character customization looks amazing, but i am not sure about the progress. Maybe someone can enlighten me

Quote Originally Posted by vlads
    I was quite excited about this game. I guess i still am, but i am just a bit worried about how "progress" will work in the game. I mean most MMO's have levels, spells, abilities to look forward to. But i have absolutely no idea how any of that will work in this game. I could imagine that you can get better weapons when you "level". But is that really enough?

Sorry im starting to rant, so i'll just stop it here. The game looks great, and the character customization looks amazing, but i am not sure about the progress. Maybe someone can enlighten me
    Well, you cant realy look at it the same way you look at wow and so on, APB is in its base a shooter, you have things to unlock sure, cars, weapons, cloths, etc but you cant think of it has starting at level 1 in wow and ending up at 80.
    Being honest I am already a bit bored with it, but I am not a great shooter fan to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by Enola
    Well, you cant realy look at it the same way you look at wow and so on, APB is in its base a shooter, you have things to unlock sure, cars, weapons, cloths, etc but you cant think of it has starting at level 1 in wow and ending up at 80.
    Being honest I am already a bit bored with it, but I am not a great shooter fan to start with.
    Yeah i hear what you're saying. But im just not sure how interested i would be in a multiplayer version of a game like that. I mean games like GTA have a great story (in my opinion obviously) and im just not sure how well it could work in APB. So far i am not digging the setup/story at all.

I am in the beta at some time now, well its ok getting a bit bored with it now but still fun specialy in group, its the first game i know of that requires a 64bit os to play at max, its pretty demanding on the hardware, although granted is still a beta so much refining and tweaking to be done, but fun none the less.
    Demanding on the hardware at max settings, or in general?

How fluid is the game-play? It says there are no queues, but are there lulls of activity that may as well be queues?

How immersion-friendly is it?

Most importantly, do you think this will have niche in the market so it doesn't completely fall apart a few months after launch?

Quote Originally Posted by vlads
    Yeah i hear what you're saying. But im just not sure how interested i would be in a multiplayer version of a game like that. I mean games like GTA have a great story (in my opinion obviously) and im just not sure how well it could work in APB. So far i am not digging the setup/story at all.
    Theres not much of a story, pve dont exist, what you have is a conflict bitween sides in this case crims and cops, if you are looking for a game by its lore.. well this isnt your game.
    There is a multiplayer version of GTA btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayllem
    Demanding on the hardware at max settings, or in general?
    To be honest havent tryed it out of max setting yet, I have a 940BE slightly oc, 4GB of ram and a 4870, what I can tell you is that im reaching 85% in ram 80% average and around 75% has max in cpu ~, I can mantain 60fps with evrithing on, the slow downs i notice are mostly when driving fast trough the city, small loads, I dont think graphicaly it is extremely demading the thing is there are huge amounts of data going on specialy due to the costumization, and then its a beta so theres loads more of logings going on then normaly.

How fluid is the game-play? It says there are no queues, but are there lulls of activity that may as well be queues?
    There are no queues , its easy to get in to action and aside loading times you dont realy have to wait for nothing even now with reduced number of ppl.

How immersion-friendly is it?
    Humm, well that will depend a lot on you, personaly I found that alone i get bored of it pretty fast, in group its several times better and good fun, the ingame localization voip its a pretty nice idea...

Most importantly, do you think this will have niche in the market so it doesn't completely fall apart a few months after launch?
    Pretty sure it will, dont gone bet though, and it can operate with reletavely a low amount of players without hindering personal fun, due to the district system.
    Some persons will love it, pretty sure of it, others not so much, normal, the payment system is very flexible, do like it a lot you can either pay like in wow or just for the hours you play, for casual ppl its great, and the time lost in costumization its free, again the district systems allows it.
    Overall I like the game, specialy thinking its still a closed beta, aniway I have no oficial info but theres a overall feeling in the air that open beta is close. I do advise persons that like the genre to give it a try.

To be honest havent tryed it out of max setting yet, I have a 940BE slightly oc, 4GB of ram and a 4870, what I can tell you is that im reaching 85% in ram 80% average and around 75% has max in cpu ~, I can mantain 60fps with evrithing on, the slow downs i notice are mostly when driving fast trough the city, small loads, I dont think graphicaly it is extremely demading the thing is there are huge amounts of data going on specialy due to the costumization, and then its a beta so theres loads more of logings going on then normaly.
    This is probably my biggest concern.

I only have 4GB RAM, E5300 Duo-Core @ 2.60 GHz and an NVIDIA 8600 GTS. It meets the min requirements, just wanna make sure, for example, that this is a game where minimum means runnable, not executable.

Yeah, Beta's are always really laggy. The good ones are, at least. I despise games that release too early and end up being "pay to beta" .

This is probably my biggest concern.

I only have 4GB RAM, E5300 Duo-Core @ 2.60 GHz and an NVIDIA 8600 GTS. It meets the min requirements, just wanna make sure, for example, that this is a game where minimum means runnable, not executable.

Yeah, Beta's are always really laggy. The good ones are, at least. I despise games that release too early and end up being "pay to beta" .
    4GB of ram is enough, it consumes a lot but its enough, for example I know that 32bit os users get worse graphics, but 4gb its enough, what I think will give you problems is the graphics card and processor.