Thread: spirit

15+ Year Old Account

spirit

Hello guys

I am beginning to devote some attention to my long-neglected priest, who is (and shall remain) shadow.

One issue that continues to confuse me is spirit. Twisted Faith increases spellpower by up to 20% of total spirit, suggesting that spirit should be maximised where possible.

However, when looking at preferred gear selection and choices such as Bejeweled Wizard's Bracers vs Royal Moonshroud Bracers, the non-spirit piece is usually deemed a better dps choice, due to the greater weight afforded to alternate stats like haste.

Is it always the case that spirit takes a back seat to haste or hit (assuming that the hit cap hasn't been met)? When gearing this character, is there anything - beyond what is already in the sticky - that I should be aware of?

Thanks.
    Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because there is only one Super Grover. And that is me.

Re: spirit

Quote Originally Posted by Yerbury
    Hello guys

I am beginning to devote some attention to my long-neglected priest, who is (and shall remain) shadow.

One issue that continues to confuse me is spirit. Twisted Faith increases spellpower by up to 20% of total spirit, suggesting that spirit should be maximised where possible.

However, when looking at preferred gear selection and choices such as Bejeweled Wizard's Bracers vs Royal Moonshroud Bracers, the non-spirit piece is usually deemed a better dps choice, due to the greater weight afforded to alternate stats like haste.

Is it always the case that spirit takes a back seat to haste or hit (assuming that the hit cap hasn't been met)? When gearing this character, is there anything - beyond what is already in the sticky - that I should be aware of?

Thanks.
    Don't look for spirit, spirit us just a thing that comes along and gives us a little mana reg and even less sp. Chosing spirit will have you dropping other stats like haste, crit and hit that are more essencial (grammer? :P).

The normal PP value can be found on shadowpriest.com and will give you the answer to "what's better than what":

Hit = 1.88
    SP = 1
    Haste = 0.98
    Crit = 0.76
    Spirit = 0.59
    Int = 0.22

(ty Worshaka)

This gives you that what you're looking for on gear is this: Hit (untill capped)>SP>Haste>Crit>spirit>int and as you see, it is never worth dropping either hit (unless capped), crit or haste to gain spirit.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: spirit

Thanks for that. I saw the PP values but was confused to see such an upwardly mobile talent relying so heavily on spirit to impact a spellpower bonus.

I will look out for gear that accumulates the proper stats moving forward. Again, I appreciate your post.
    Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because there is only one Super Grover. And that is me.