Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: 03/04 In-Game Fixes, Blue posts

I dont get anything but the saurfang nerf. The rest isn't needed.
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

Deleted

Yo dawg, we heard you like nerfs. So we put nerfs in your nerfs so you can raid while you raid!

Seriously though, Marrowgar? Of all fights? *Shrug*

I thought the 5% buff removed any need for further nerfs....

Quote Originally Posted by Skulver

Going further to the broader idea of needing CC on trash packs the main problem is that CC as a whole interacts really badly with all tanks AoE threat and with offspecs as they are it is never going to be viable to return to CC in raid instances anyway. On any trash where CC was going to be needed it will just be easier to have one or two DPS spec to tank and use 4 or 5 tanks all spamming AoE threat as opposed to 2 or 3 plus CC. On my guilds 25 man runs for example we usually have 3 tanks and another 3 or 4 people who could go tank with their offspec easily. Why would we ever bother with the hassle of CC where just using an extra 2 or 3 or 4 tanks is just as easy and probably faster overall. The only way to prevent this is to have specific mechanics that require CC but if you have to do that then the CC is being used because of the mechanic that forces you to CC as opposed to tanks just not being able to take the incoming damage.
    Could be true but your healers also need to keep up with the damage. And you lose dps from the people who respec. It just depends on how they change tanking and healing.

For example the trash in Fel Reavers room. You couldn't just add a few tanks and AoE it. It would be unhealable and the engineers (or whatever those mobs were called) would repair the other mobs. It was hard trash, not like it is now.
    Or the trash before Kael'thas his room. They hit like trucks. I wouldn't take a risk there and not CC really.

The usual nerfs are inc..

HURR DURR I LIEK NURFS ICECROWN IZ TOO HAWRD

Seriously tho... so many unwarranted nerfs its as though blizzard doesn't listen to their raiding core but they listen to bads saying icc is difficult

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian
    Could be true but your healers also need to keep up with the damage. And you lose dps from the people who respec. It just depends on how they change tanking and healing.

For example the trash in Fel Reavers room. You couldn't just add a few tanks and AoE it. It would be unhealable and the engineers (or whatever those mobs were called) would repair the other mobs. It was hard trash, not like it is now.
    Or the trash before Kael'thas his room. They hit like trucks. I wouldn't take a risk there and not CC really.
    I thought the trash to BQL was a bit like this. I mean them tacticians are a pain in the ass. Maybe they should just add more trash like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian

The problem on the Void Reaver (Fel Reaver, shame on you ) trash was the blades the mechanics used to cast which would do huge raid damage if you left them all up at once. This is not CC due to tank damage, it is CC because there is damage that kills the raid if not used. Like I said, they can always require you to CC by making an encounter mechanic that requires it, but the days when people used CC because if they didn't the tanks would take too much damage are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulver
    The problem on the Void Reaver (Fel Reaver, shame on you ) trash was the blades the mechanics used to cast which would do huge raid damage if you left them all up at once. This is not CC due to tank damage, it is CC because there is damage that kills the raid if not used. Like I said, they can always require you to CC by making an encounter mechanic that requires it, but the days when people used CC because if they didn't the tanks would take too much damage are gone.
    I think you have not been reading the info about cata. CC is will be reintroduced in hc and raids, but not as hardcore as it was in tbc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Those nerfs weren't really needed, only thing that needs a nerf is that frost giant for the weekly quest, he's just plain annoying, LULZ I SHALL KICK YOU IN THE AIR 300 TIMES AND THEN STUN YOU FOR THE REMAINING TIME

I can see them making following changes to blood queen as well, if you look at previous boss nerfs:
    * 5 seconds extra time to bite a person
    * the first air phase(25man) won't be as close to the time people have to bite
    * no red beam near airphase or when ppl have to bite

Low FPS - NVIDIA 196.75 drivers
    Originally Posted by Datth (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We're getting reports where users are getting intermittent low FPS after installing these drivers. It seems that it is related to the fan control included in these drivers not working correctly and is causing the video card to overheat on 3D applications. This will affect Warcraft 3, World of Warcraft and StarCraft 2 Beta. Please uninstall the drivers and revert back to the older ones.

Windows XP: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_196.21_whql.html
    Windows XP 64-bit: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp64_196.21_whql.html
    Windows Vista/7 32-bit: http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_wi...6.21_whql.html
    Windows Vista/7 64-bit: http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_wi...6.21_whql.html

More information can be found on threads such as these:
    http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=161525
    http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=161503
    thanks, you saved my video card ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest
    I think you have not been reading the info about cata. CC is will be reintroduced in hc and raids, but not as hardcore as it was in tbc.
    What I am saying is that unless they introduce it via mechanics which can't be solved with either more tanks or more healers it will be ignored anyway.

Apologies if someone has already asked this question but when are they being applied, have they already been applied to live servers (EU.) If they have already applied when was it.. just wanted to know if these would have been in place for our raid last night 21:00 - 24:00 EU server time.

If they were I think we may need to hang our collective heads in shame :S

We dont stop playing because we grow old,
    We grow old because we stop playing

ahahahah, more marrowgar nerfs! a threat dump on a boss in the final raid of the expansion? TO HARD REMOVE !

any1 else have lowfps(30fps in 25man) problems with ATI HD 5970 cards?

or is it cuz i have settings on max?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The point is: Unholy is more than worthy of its raid spot. Anything to the contrary is utterly incorrect, be it coming from some random forum troll, a fellow guildmate, or an ignorant Blood/Frost DK.

You can discuss Warrior threat issues and mechanics issues all you want, but what does that have to do with Paladins? What a Paladin does or do not do has no bearing on a Warrior. In other words, you do NOT need to nerf one to buff the other.

As for Paladin tanking I have noticed these two issues with regards to AOE:
    1. I must use AOE abilities to deal single target threat.
    2. AOE (5+ mobs) threat is low, if constant, and easily overaggroed unless it is undead mobs.

A "fix" could simply be splitting Hammer of Righteousness into two abilities - one with no target cap but say 20-30% lower damage and one with a target cap of 1.

Or simply reduce all tanks AOE threat to a point where CC is once again required. I loved raiding TBC.

Unrelated to the current topic: which DK need more threat on Icy Touch? Maybe Unholy, but the other two specs being unable to pull enough threat is a matter of laziness (or having forgotten to make ALL abilities into macros starting with "/cast !Rune Strike" - which is a requirement to tank as DK even before crit immune)

Can't believe they made Marrowgar even easier.

Re: 03/04 In-Game Fixes,

Quote Originally Posted by Valanna
    first.

[User was previously banned: Permanent ban]
    have a nice ban

this is strange.first they give us this nice buff for icc and then they nerf so many things that shouldnt be nerfed?man.......
    Mal'Ganis is DEAD!Deal with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Demran
    Yeah just nerf the hell out of paladin tanks go on... First Threat Nerf - Than stam nerf like hell - now still warriors whining about ae tanking of paladins nerf it as well and let us just delete our t10 tankadins.. or just let all of them be ret - half of the best paladin tanks ive known gone ret lately anyways...
    Warriors are the whiniest people I have ever met in my life.

I tank with a Warrior friend, who pulls awesome threat. It's a L2P issue, but they don't want to, so they'll whine until they can just spam devastate without anything else.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

jeez, stop whininh about warrior tanking.

ive been a warrior tank for 4years, and i have never had a problem, ofcourse there is a lose mob once and awhile in aoe packs, thats why we have taunt and use mark macros.

warrior tanks are fine, ive recently tested a friends prot paladin, and they are just spoiled like hell.
    there is nothing wrong with warrior AoE tanking, its just that other tanking classes, Paladins and DKs have a much easier time keeping AoE threat.

dont change warriors, I LIKE MY CHALLENGE, keep your filthy hands away from my perfectly good AoE threat.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want