Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Ruby Sanctum - Info Compilation / Preview

Ruby Sanctum - Info Compilation / Preview [Spoiler]
    Most of the Ruby Sanctum have been pushed in this patch and it looks like I have enough data in my hands for a small preview. As usual keep in mind that:
    • This is only a preview based on game files, I could be wrong on a few things.
    • Ruby Sanctum isn't even scheduled for release for Patch 3.3.3, it will be added with Patch 3.3.5 and a LOT of things can change in so much time.

Official Description
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    As we prepare for the public testing phase of minor content patch 3.3.3, some players might come across information regarding upcoming content that isn't yet available. To avoid any confusion, we'd like to tell you about an exciting new raid dungeon we are working on for content patch 3.3.5.

The Ruby Sanctum

A powerful war party of the Black Dragonflight, led by the fearsome Twilight dragon, Halion, have launched an assault upon the Ruby Sanctum beneath Wyrmrest Temple. By destroying the sanctum, the Black Dragonflight look to crush those that would stand in the way of their master’s reemergence into Azeroth and to ultimately shatter the Wyrmrest Accord – the sacred bond that unites the dragonflights.

The battle that is to come will surely deal a crippling blow to the Red Dragonflight, however, it is up to you to stop this unprecedented offensive and defend the Ruby Sanctum. First you must face the assault of Halion's servants, Saviana Ragefire, Baltharus the Warborn, and General Zarithrian, before squaring off against Halion the Twilight Destroyer, a new and deadly force in this realm.

The Ruby Sanctum will feature 10- and 25-player content, Heroic difficulties and all-new rewards! Stay tuned for more information as we get closer to its release.

More Details on the instance / Loot Table by Zarhym
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

• Number 2. The lieutenants are sub-bosses which will each drop an Emblem of Frost. Halion is the main boss. While the activation of Heroic difficulty is different from the Obsidian Sanctum, the overall raid format for the Ruby Sanctum is very comparable.
    • You're likely to find some random pieces of armor on par with Lich King loot, similar to the items Onyxia dropped while Trial of the Crusader was the top-tier raid. You can also expect to see some more trinkets and things of that nature.
    • This raid will not only provide a bit of additional content to pair with the current content of patch 3.3, it will be the beginning of an advancement in the storyline for Cataclysm.
    • The plan is to have a normal mode and a heroic mode just like Icecrown Citadel, so far there is no plan for a Sartharion +1/+2/+3-like encounter.

Instance Screenshots (Non Official)

Boss Screenshots

World Map and Loading Screen

Ruby Sanctum Loot
    Apparently, these spells will be used on trinkets dropped in the instance. They are only the proc and you should keep in mind that they will have additional stats just like any other trinket.

Halion Supposed Skills
    These abilities are probably used by Halion. There isn't any way to confirm that before Patch 3.3.5 is deployed on live or PTR servers but they seem to be the only skills with hard mode versions. Assuming that you won't be able to activate the heroic mode on the mini-bosses, these skills are most likely used by Halion.

Keep in mind that this is only a theory based on the game files.

Halion
    Meteor Strike Deals 11310 to 12690 Fire damage.
    Mark of Consumption Builds Marks of Combustion on an enemy target. When Combustion fades or is dispelled, it creates an explosion and a patch of fire proportional in size to the number of Combustion charges present at the time. Either curse or magic removal may cleanse this affliction. 50000 yds. Instant
    Combustion Deals 7000 to 9000 Fire damage. Unlimited range.
    Meteor Strike Deals 75000 to 85000 Fire damage to enemies within 0 yards and spawns a Living Inferno.
    Dark Breath Inflicts 39375 to 50625 Shadow damage to enemies in a cone in front of the caster. 45 yds. 2 sec cast
    Soul Consumption Engulfs an enemy target in flame, dealing 4000 Shadow damage every 2.0 sec. Every time Soul Consumption deals damage, it generates a Mark of Consumption charge on the target. When Consumption fades or is dispelled, it unleashes a dark explosion proportional to the number of charges present at the time. Either curse or magic removal may cleanse this affliction.
    Consumption Deals 8750 to 11250 Shadow damage. Unlimited range.
    Dusk Shroud An aura of twilight energy emanates from the caster, causing nearby enemies to suffer 6000 Shadow damage every 2.0 sec.
    Corporeality I do not have a lot of details on Corporeality for the moment, but it looks like the % of Corporeality of Halion will vary during the fight. Corporeality increases damage dealt and damage taken apparently, ranging from 20~30% to 200% depending on the version of the buff. I guess it could be used by players as well, especially if Dusk Shroud is running throughout the fight.

Mini-Boss Supposed Skills
    The remaining skills only come in two versions most of the time, it means no hard modes and they are most likely the skills used during the fight against the 3 mini bosses. There is no way to link skills to a specific mini-boss and I will just keep them together.

Mini-Bosses (Unsorted)
    Blazing Aura Surrounded by superheated air, dealing 6938 to 8062 Fire damage to all enemies within x yards, and increasing health and damage of all Living Embers within x yards by 20%. 0 Instant
    Scorch Scorches an enemy for 11563 to 13437 Fire damage. 30 yds. 1 sec cast
    Shockwave Sends a wave of force in front of the caster, causing 16200 to 19800 damage and stunning all enemy targets within 15 yards in a frontal cone for 2 sec. 5 yds. Instant
    Flame Breath Inflicts 33688 to 43312 Fire damage to enemies in a cone in front of the caster. 45 yds. 2 sec cast
    Lava Gout Inflicts 9897 to 11103 Fire damage to an enemy. 40 yds. 2 sec cast
    Blast Nova Inflicts 6563 to 8437 Fire damage to nearby enemies. 40 yds. 2.5 sec cast

Transcripts
    Last but not least, here is a transcript of the dialogue with Xerestrasza of the Red Dragonflight.

• RS_Xerestrasza_Yell01.wav - Help! I am trapped within this tree! I require aid!
    • RS_Xerestrasza_Yell02.wav - Thank you! I could have not held out for much longer. A terrible thing has happened here.
    • RS_Xerestrasza_Say01.wav - We believed that the Sanctum was well fortified, but we were not prepareted for the nature of this assault.
    • RS_Xerestrasza_Say02.wav - The Black Dragonkin materialized from thin air, and set upon us before we could react.
    • RS_Xerestrasza_Say03.wav - We did not stand a chance. As my brethren perished around me, I managed to retreat hear and bar the entrance.
    • RS_Xerestrasza_Say04.wav - They slaughtered us with cold efficiency, but the true focus of their interest seemed to be the eggs kept here in the sanctum.
    • RS_Xerestrasza_Say05.wav - The commander of the forces on the ground here is a cruel brute named Zarithrian. But I fear there are greater powers at work.
    • RS_Xerestrasza_Say06.wav - In their initial assault I caught a glimpse of their true leader, a fearsome full-grown Twilight Dragon.
    • RS_Xerestrasza_Say07.wav - I know not the extent of their plans heroes, but I know this: they cannot be allowed to succeed!

Halion also has a couple of interesting lines.

• RS_Halion_Aggro01.wav - Your world teeters on the brink of annihilation. You will all bear witness to the coming of a new age of destruction!
    • RS_Halion_Beserk01.wav - Not good enough!
    • RS_Halion_Death01.wav - Relish this victory mortals, for it will be your last. This world will burn with the Master's return!
    • RS_Halion_Phase2.wav - You will find only suffering within the realm of Twilight. Enter if you dare.
    • RS_Halion_Phase3.wav - I am the light AND the darkness! Cower mortals before the Herald of Deathwing!
    • RS_Halion_Slay01.wav - Another hero falls.
    • RS_Halion_Slay02.wav - Ha Ha Ha!
    • RS_Halion_Spawn01.wav - Meddlesome insects, you're too late! The Ruby Sanctum is lost.
    • RS_Halion_Special01.wav - The heavens burn!
    • RS_Halion_Special02.wav - Beware the shadow!

Ruby Sanctum Questline
    A couple of quests will be added to the game to introduce the Ruby Sanctum. If you do not know who are the dragons mentioned in the quest descriptions, you might want to check the Dargonax / Sinestra articles on WoWWiki.

Quest - Trouble at Wyrmrest
    Objective - Speak with Krasus at Wyrmrest Temple in Dragonblight.
    Description
    My old friend Krasus sends word of dire happenings at Wyrmrest, in Dragonblight. His missive was brief, but it seems that there has been some sort of attack on the Ruby Sanctum beneath the Temple.

Pressing business here in Dalaran keeps me from attending to the matter personally, but I have heard word of your exploits in the Lich King's Citadel and you are doubtless up to the task -- perhaps you could assist Krasus in my stead?

Quest - Assault on the Sanctum
    Objective - Investigate the Ruby Sanctum beneath Wyrmrest Temple.
    Description
    , something terrible has transpired within the Ruby Sanctum beneath the Temple. The entry to the Sanctum is in ruins, and its guardians violently slain. We sent scouts to investigate, but they have not returned. I cannot help but fear the worst.

Enter the Ruby Sanctum and discover what has befallen the home of my flight. Once we have more information, we can plan our next steps accordingly.

Quest - The Twilight Destroyer
    Objective - Defeat Halion and repel the invasion of the Ruby Sanctum.
    Rewards - Emblem of Frost x 5
    Description
    This was no reckless attack, but rather a carefully orchestrated strike against the heart of the Red Dragonflight. Zarithrian, on the bluff over there, is overseeing the assault, but the true leader of this force is a brash and powerful Twilight dragon named Halion. Not since Dargonax has a full-grown spawn of Sinestra's twisted experiments been seen.

Slay him, , and then when the invasion has been fully repelled, report to Krasus regarding all you have seen here.
    Last edited by Boubouille; 2010-06-21 at 10:53 AM.

Re: Ruby Sanctum - Info Compilation / Preview

looks awesome. can't wait

Same. That new dragon model looks great.
    Proud Bear/Kitty Lover for 8 Years.
    >Armory

Interesting, though it pains me that top-end guilds will most likely one shot these bosses first week, and then finish the heroic mode next week.

Here's to hoping that doesn't happen...

BTW what's up with the terrible voice acting.. is it just me?

Either curse or magic removal may cleanse this affliction.
    Is this the first debuff in the game that can be either dispelled or decursed?

10+ Year Old Account

Cataclysm is inching ever closer, I am seriously excited for it now. Also, the new instance looks like it'll be fun too.

Looks fun, but I sure hope they make those bosses a little bit more interesting-looking. They're not anything we haven't seen a hundred times elsewhere by now.

Can't wait.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

Not gonna lie, I'm getting really bored of these dragon raids. Would it be too much to ask for a new dragon boss models?

Remember when the "secret" post-supposed-final raid was released in BC? Sunwell blew people's minds!

Sigh.
    If a shaman tells you that he can't tank, he's just not doing it right.

Halion looks awesome!
    The voice actors, however...
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd
    What I'd like is for whoever came up with the ridiculous coconut-for-a-tail idea for dragon models to be fired.
    Really? A coconut? :/ More like a pineapple, and nothing says POW like a tail full of spikes to the face.

Is it just me or do Twilight Dragons grow up REALLY effin' fast?
    LoLtumblr |
    derpderpderp

halion drops a mount on hc? ;D i wouldnt be suprised

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdeadcow
    Same. That new dragon model looks great.
    It's not just great, it's fabulous

Deleted

In the words of Guybrush Threepwood: "But... it's pink!"

More recycled models, and it looks like the whole zone is just a rip-off of the forest in the middle of dragonblight.

Halion looks awesome
    Informative post is informative...

Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim
    More recycled models, and it looks like the whole zone is just a rip-off of the forest in the middle of dragonblight.
    Let's be fair; the original model for Lord Marrowgar for a few weeks on PTR was just a random huge skeleton general, just like the ones that are activated by traps in the first hall of ICC. It's kind of early to assume the models and designs in the raid right now are the same as they'll be in 3.3.5...especially considering the patch on the PTR right now is, if I'm correct, just 3.3.3.

However, I just want to say right now that I'm GLAD they're using the same design as the Ruby Dragonshrine. I always loved that place.

Quote Originally Posted by Xombo
    Not gonna lie, I'm getting really bored of these dragon raids. Would it be too much to ask for a new dragon boss models?

Remember when the "secret" post-supposed-final raid was released in BC? Sunwell blew people's minds!

Sigh.
    You are going to love the next expansion, where a dragon is the mayor antagonist. :

Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim
    Yeah, god forbid having consistency in the game. Where a raidzone holds the same theme similiar to the subgame in-game it represents.
    It's like you people don't even bother anymore to come up with good reasons to whine about.

Halion looks really amazing.