Thread: Is it my server

Is it my server

Or is there no money in enchanting at all but 5 gold tips or if you have time to sit on your ass all day and repost the sec you get undercut on scroll

God there so many undercuters.

Re: Is it my server

It's rough. Some people are nice and will tip 10g, even 15g sometimes, but most will spit out only 2 or 3g. I've given up completely on the scroll market, because as you stated, you ALWAYS get undercut within a few minuites of posting. I'd recommend farming the hard to get enchants (Bladeward, mongoose) and also getting some of the old school ones.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherPaladin
    It's rough. Some people are nice and will tip 10g, even 15g sometimes, but most will spit out only 2 or 3g. I've given up completely on the scroll market, because as you stated, you ALWAYS get undercut within a few minuites of posting. I'd recommend farming the hard to get enchants (Bladeward, mongoose) and also getting some of the old school ones.
    Lol mongoose is the one i get undercut on the fastest

I'd recommend getting farming the spellpower one from MC and advertising it in chat, people will buy it. 30 sp with no level restrictions.

George23

5g for an enchant .. way too much

Quote Originally Posted by mrfries
    I'd recommend getting farming the spellpower one from MC and advertising it in chat, people will buy it. 30 sp with no level restrictions.
    Been trying no one wants to help me and last time i try to solo it as enh...Noooo never again

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by George23
    5g for an enchant .. way too much
    I seriously hope you're kidding..
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

15+ Year Old Account

I'm quite new to the Enchanting buisness, so I was used to get like 5g per enchant. A few nights ago some1 gave me 50g and I was like "holymoly, dude, you came across the 0-Button, are you srsly?", he though I was complaining because it wasn't enough and he yelled at me.. strange things can happen guys, I swear.
    "Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

* * --(Terry Pratchett, Eric)

Deleted

im in the lucky place that im pretty much the only chanter doing work "in" trade i post this "[Enchanting]. i got a 10g fee per chant. your mats ofc. "at org bank roof" in trade and people whisper me trade me mats and say thanks i reply with a good day and can make a 150g off it. if people have been lucky

i do the same thing with JC

tbh if u are wanting to make money of enchanting with tips then your going about it wrong.. the money is in scrolls and the ah... or ..... if ure lucky enough to have an alt with jc / mining then u can make shed loads of rings and de them and sell the mats on the ah 2 x eternal earths for 1 ring or 1 x eternal earth + 1 x eternal Shadow

some major bling if ure willing to put in the time

rule number 1 for enchanters and JC: always make ur price for the chant or cut.i hav both and when i see sum i asking for it i /w them: [the cut/chant] ur mats,10g tip, im there[where ever it is u are]. never run after ppl and never take less than what u stated.if u rely on other ppl to make up there own tips ull get 5g or less.anther good thing to do is put mats on ah and if sum1 ask if u hav mats say no and make them buy mats(hope fully urs)

I always give 20g to people who dont ask for fees =D

Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor
    yeah same as you and even more sometimes =) and i dont ask for tip for making flasks or gems on my characters =)

there are such nice players like me, huh?? ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor
    you're going to heaven for that :>

normally i tip people 11 or 22g for something, mostly because i'm too lazy to move my had to the zero button all the way to the right of my keyboard when i have my hands on WASD
    Quote Originally Posted by cryo85
    Because the X-53 is cooler than the Homo Steed
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    [Banned] For trolling.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    =======<()
    BBBBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    You can't balance vuvuzelas.

I usually do a flat out 25g for anything i need done, mage port, gem cut anything.

I think the problem is that too many people dont have any idea on how much their choices effect a small economy. Think about it, one day someone gave out a gem cut for 3g now everyone has it in their heads that they want it free or next to free and if not someone else will do it for them.

So mage says he will port me for 5g i tip 25g. Only cause if i ported to someone then ported them somewhere like hell am i doing it for a shitty 5g...

Well, it's tough now for two reasons as I see it.

1. The auto DE in heroics has made it so everyone has enchanting mats. That lowers the price we can sell mats, and reduces demand for scrolls. Before auto DE, a lot of people just vendored the crap. I am not a fan of what auto DE has done to the enchanting profession's gold making capabilities.

2. The latest patch has been out for several months. People aren't getting new gear all that often this long after a new tier is released. You'll notice prices for gems have dropped too, I would imagine on all servers. You can make tons of money with enchanting right after a major content patch. Unfortunately, we don't have another one of those until Cataclysm :'(

Ironically the money I have found in enchanting revolves solely around level 60 Instances like scholomance and Strathholme,... so many mats, so easy to murder things. There are many added benefits to being in strathholme or scholomance btw.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

People post in trade lfw cause they want ur tips. They dont want 2g thats not worth their time. This is why you have to look for enchanters for 30minutes when there are people sitting around that dont answer cause they want a tip better than 2g. You tip 20g i bet that you get an enchanter within 1 minute (unless its a very rare enchant )